Guest Post: The Last Free Place in America?

Fellow blogger Jules Smith submitted this essay, and we thank her.

Being English is pretty cool and living in England (apart from petrol being $9 a gallon, learning to live with rain and not having any big guns to play with) is, on the whole, a decent place to spend your time: pubs, best ales, outstanding puddings, edgy fashion, sarcasm and name calling as a term of endearment, BBC dramas without adverts and Mary Berry.

Despite the fact that I truly love my country I always think one should have a home away from home. Sometimes you can get bored, well I do anyway, within months, weeks, days, minutes, seconds. I’m also a great believer in broadening your horizons and nothing betters you mentally or culturally than experiencing different countries, fodder, communities, and antics. Hence, I am often traveling and have had the luxury of visiting many countries in the world. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from anywhere so long as I have my laptop with me. Pepper spray and a knife in my boots are just optional extras that I find can add to the excitement.

Anyway, for those on here that know a little about me, I have spent the last three years of my time split between here and The Good Old US of A and decided that the land of the free could be a place where my second Des Res might be. The French piss me off, Belgians are boring, Germans are too controlling despite their fabulous sausages, Scandinavians are too fishy and rip you off at the bar, Spain is like Blackpool (equivalent of Pensacola) and been ruined by the Brits, Italy is probably my favourite place but to be honest, the best pizza I ever ate was in Chicago and the rest of it, well,  nobody cares about.

I’ve been to quite a few of the States and there’s two or three places so far that I like: Colorado, Texas, and Tennessee. All Unicorn free. But, as luck would have it, someone brought a new place to my attention in California.

I know! I scoffed at that suggestion too.

Now, I’m not a massive fan of CA, to be honest, apologies to any Californians reading this, but it’s not really my bag. I’ve not been to the wine region yet so I could be swayed but So-Cal doesn’t really do it for me apart from the ambient all year round temperature. I find it too fabricated and I’m not one for liver and kale smoothies. But, when this utopian haven was brought to my attention via a Skype message today, it was all I could do not to pee my pants.  I’m rather disappointed that my wealth of American friends have not seen fit to tell me about it or take me there, given my adventurous spirit.  This place is smashing! No, it literally is.

~ Jules Smith

25 Responses to Guest Post: The Last Free Place in America?

1. Wise Owl says:

Let me guess, as I put my cynic hat on– they’re all on “disabilities”, sponging off the taxpayer.

Interesting. So this is the Utopia the left has been having wet dreams about, eh? Great plan. As always, it’s bullshit like everything else the left dreams up in their drug induced stupor.

I’m waiting for the “Big One” when California falls into the Pacific.

3. SafeSpace says:

Thar’s a preview of our border-to-border future should we get Orca in the White House.

4. vonMesser says:

Jules – you are most welcome to visit my place next time you are out here. I currently reside in the Peoples Republik of Washington State (but am working on moving to Texas). Since you like to shoot guns, I can put you on the trigger of a couple of cannons, and a flock of WW-2 military bang-sticks. And you can get real good German sausage in Leavenworth.

• Jules Smith says:

CANNONS! YOU HAVE CANNONS?! Like moth to a flame! VM, thank you so much for this kind and gracious offer, I’m currently packing my case! Seriously, I would love that. 🙂

5. deacsdomain says:

Jules, you are most welcome to our paradise – Wadmalaw Island, SC.
    A call to HEAVEN is a local call.

6. Jules Smith says:

Deacsdomain – the very fact you have a tea plantation and a vineyard warms the cockles of my heart. I would not want to miss out on a slice of Heaven. And I have not yet been to SC which I’m told is beautiful. Thank you very much for this kind offer, rest assured both yourself and VM will get invaded by the English at some point! 🙂

7. Wise Owl says:

Well, folks, isn’t entitlement reform the next thing on our president’s agenda? We can only hope that no one other than totally helpless, retarded, blind, crippled people get Welfare of any kind. Anyone who can work, SHOULD! Let them hand dig the wall, if necessary.

8. Bullright says:

Great! Good commentary. So Aaron came for one “event” LOL The only problem is they like to export the lifestyle. And they are transient too?? Why does that figure? Sounds like a typical Obama voting bloc.

9. Speaking of #BeardedWisdom, I’ve been really enjoying Sargon’s (Carl Benjamin’s) videos lately. This was a great find, Jules. Thanks for the post! He cracks me up, and his research and reasoning are usually pretty unassailable.

• Jules Smith says:

Grunt – you are the best bearded wisdom I know, however, Carl Benjamin is a close second! He is able to deliver a balanced and intellectually intelligent commentary complete with quintessential English sarcasm. He’s a good lad.

Another person you may find interesting, coming from a very different platform, is the professor Jordan B Peterson. Some of his psychological analysation on a multitude of subjects is quite enlightening.

Here’s a couple of examples:

Jordan Peterson on White guilt theory

Jordan Peterson on Trump’s intelligence

And…before I forget, Happy New Year to you and the beautiful Gruntessa (please give her a hug from me) and clan 🙂

Holy crap. I wasn’t aware of this eye-candy destination. But now that you have raised my awareness, I can’t get enough of the dozens of YouTube videos on it. I have put it at the top of my “Where To Visit Losers In Self-Made Squalor” must visit list !

Jules, I certainly understand why you wouldn’t want to visit Pensacola. It’s just a clone of Blackpool. Very little noticeable difference from the sparkling waters of Blackpool in Merry Ol’ UK :

And the horribly infested Pensacola Beach :

You have quite the discerning eye old girl !

• Jules Smith says:

At least there’s people ON our beaches! For some reason yours are empty… Don’t worry, Memorial Day will soon liven them up.

• Terry says:

What beach ? The few people on that spit of dirt look like they are picking up cans for recycling !

No one is on our beach because we don’t want to mess up the beautiful, pristine sand with those pesky footprints.

Maybe for Memorial weekend, we could borrow some of your “beachgoers” to pick up the litter afterwards.