Trump’s Pocahontas remark in poor taste?

On Tucker last night, director general of Aboriginal Nations of America says President Trump’s reference to Sen. Elizabeth Warren took attention away from Native American honorees and redirected it towards a political rivalry.

That dude looks as much Indian as I do.  Just sayin’.

Personally, I laughed my ass off when President Trump took a shot at Elizabeth Warren as “fauxcahontas”.  Warren advanced her professional career posing as a Cherokee Indian because she has high cheekbones and landed a tenured position at Harvard.  Now she’s claiming Trump’s remark was a racial slur.  How’s that even possible?  She’s not an Indian.

As an aside, my injun friends thought this funny as hell.  🙂

The question no one is asking is which Native American Indians did Elizabeth Warren cheat out of a position with her false claims?

Within three days, President Trump has bitch-slapped Warren TWICE.  Once over the CFPB, which was her pet project, and now calling her out as a fake Indian.  I love it.

13 Responses to Trump’s Pocahontas remark in poor taste?

1. MarkInKansas says:

I don’t see a downside to Trump calling Warren Pocahontas. The anti-Trump and the never-Trump crowd will never turn. His base knows we are in a war for the future of our Republic. Mockery of leftists is one tactic of the war. Trump is a grandmaster of the tactic. I’m thrilled he’s prosecuting the war with the tactics he’s mastered.

2. clyde says:

In interviews with the Code Talkers, they were NOT offended either. In fact, one of them said, paraphrasing, when we jumped out of planes while in the Marines, we were told to shout GERONIMO. We weren’t offended then, either. Big problem with way too many assholes waiting around just to be offended.

3. Wise Owl says:

While there was nothing wrong with what Trump said– in fact, I love it– his timing could have been better if he had waited until after the ceremony. If you were in the middle of being honored for something, I doubt you’d thrilled with a political diversion, albeit a short one. Just sayin’….

• Granted. Trump could have waited but that’s “Trump” and that who we elected. Not for his finesse but for his mission statement. And his being “one of us” made that decision so much more attractive to the American people. What he’s been saying is what we’ve been muttering under our noses.
      “Timing” be damned. He called her out and THAT’s what has the left twisting like an electrocuted worm.

4. Bad timing and poor taste; racist? Well, that’s what happens when you’re called out for being a liar who stole an identity to gain personal, financial advances. THAT is “racist”.
    Tough shit, Fakehontis! Wear the title well; you stole it.

5. Navyvet says:

I have a good friend, retired USMC Gunny, proud Chippewa (Ojibway as he says). I asked him if he was offended by the sports teams with Indian names. Warriors, Fighting Sioux, Indians, Redmen, etc. He laughed and said, “No only white people are offended.”

6. Whitetop says:

President Trump was being kind to Pokahantus, I think Fauxahontus is better and Lieawatha the crowing name of her majesty. Excuse the spelling.

7. I.R. Wayright says:

Rush pointed out today that when Trump gives an opponent a name like “Lyin’ ted, or Crooked Hillary, or Little Marco, it sticks with the recipient and it never goes away.
    It is part of his way of winning I guess. Well, whatever works.

8. myfoxmystere says:

He poked her where it hurts for sure!