We Always Think of Men Who Served In WWII but…

How many of us heard about these brave soldiers? Enjoy.

–Uriel–

About Uriel

Retired educator and constitutionalist
Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to We Always Think of Men Who Served In WWII but…

1. Hadenoughalready says:

Kudos on another job well done, Uriel~!
    Without the women the fight would have been MUCH tougher. In fact, if not for the women in the Soviet forces, Stalingrad may well have fallen.

• Uriel says:

True. But like others I forgot them. Hope it brings a better understanding for our readers.

• Hadenoughalready says:

I think we discussed this topic a while back. Perhaps a year or two. You might want to check the archives.
        I remember having a debate with someone about women snipers in the USSR. And I won…lol

2. vonMesser says:

My mother and aunt were in the Navy (mom went in in 42) My dad went in in the mid 30’s and was gassed by the Japs in China. Got some very interesting stories from them. One of mom’s cousins was a Major in the Afrika Korps, so some interesting stuff from the other side as well. We need to hear the stories of the people we don’t think about.

• Hadenoughalready says:

“Afrika Korp”. One of the most noble Wehrmacht Armies and it’s leader, Erwin Rommel, are still honored and remembered; or were….

• Uriel says:

I agree Von. We SHOULD remember and teach all the historical facts not just one side. I had no idea about the Night Witches. What a brave group! We hear rumors about female spies but nothing about them on a personal basis. Or even women in the US. Tough cookies that they were

3. Popular Front says:

We know Nancy Wake in Australia. She’s a National Hero and a treasure and an ice-cold killer of Nazis to boot.

Thanks for posting this Uriel.
    We do indeed tend to overlook the service and sacrifice of our female warriors.
    In my own experience, the Nurses in Viet Nam were a brave and dedicated lot, and are owed a great deal of gratitude.
    I salute you Ladies !

5. RE says:

Nehemiah 3:12 comes to mind. Along with other passages (long lost to my memory) where the women of Israel stood with the male defenders of the faith. Amen