“Go To Hell, Mike Tomlin”

Reposted verbatim from the blog hosted by lovelyd24.  Your faithful columnist, a Pittsburgh native and former Steelers fan, believes this is the best summary of the take-a-knee poseurs published to date.

Go to hell Mike Tomlin

Dear Mike Tomlin, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger and any other Steeler who feels a need to criticize Bronze Star recipient Alejandro Villanueva for honoring the flag that his brothers came home under, you can all go to hell.

On Sunday your team had 3 options, stand and support America, sit/kneel and disrespect America or 3 take the coward’s way out and abstain, vote present, hide in the tunnel because you were too afraid to be seen as pro-American or Anti-American. What a vile low candy-ass choice you made.

“I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team.” Tomlin told reporters.

Your team does not come before America.

Why should anyone be forced to act in a way that is against their moral code ? The poor boys millionaire club could not all agree on whether or not to disrespect America so you hid. We Americans understand. Trust me.

Let the kneelers kneel, the sitters sit, the patriots stand, own your beliefs. Own your side. Everyone with a working knowledge of the contract law knows that the players disrespecting America could have been fined in accordance with their contract.

Remember Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf? He was fined $30,000 after disrespecting the flag and choosing to sit on his butt during the anthem. Once he was fined he worked out a compromise and stood, he recited Islamic prayers under his breath but he did not disgrace his team by directing the American flag, the anthem, America herself.

The administrative branch of the NFL is tax exempt. I hope that exemption is revoked. The entire league is subsidized with billions of tax payers dollars, for what, so you can spit in the faces of the people who support you. No more.

You have backed the wrong horse. Sometimes not choosing a side is choosing through omission.

You’ve taken something that unites Americans of every color, creed and religion and managed to divide them through your cowardliness and fear of offending the “wrong ” people. Fine them or fire them this is behavior that is covered in their contracts “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.”

Honoring 9/11 is detrimental, wearing pink in your hair to honor breast cancer survivors and casualties is detrimental, twerking is detrimental but dishonoring the American flag is not detrimental to the integrity of the NFL. Hypocrites. You lousy lowlife mamby-pamby money grubbing cowardly political correct assholes can all go to hell.

Your decision to hide in the tunnel is disgusting and cowardly. Your decision to criticize Alejandro Villanueva a war veteran, a man who fought for your freedom, a man who saved lives, a man who was willing to lay his life down for you, a bronze heart recipient is beyond words.

Mike Tomlin, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger and any Steeler who has the audacity to criticize or question Alejandro Villanueva standing for the National Anthem, choosing country over his team, you are what is wrong with America. As a team you boys get a ball from one of a field to another side of the field and celebrate. As a man Villanueva rescued wounded soldiers while under enemy fire and you cowardly clowns are hiding in a tunnel because you could’t decide whether or not to stand or sit for the American flag have the misguided intrepidity to criticize Villanueva’s  dedication to America?

I hope my fellow Americans pray with me for a holy curse on your team, that you not win a single game for the rest of the season. I hope that you lose your tax exempt status, I hope you rethink your disgusting words and actions.

May the souls of the faithfully departed brothers and sisters who came home under the American flag haunt your every moment.

— reblogged by SafeSpace —

PS:  Any guidos out there who’d like to earn a few bucks taking a knee-cap?  Reply via the comments below….

Tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to “Go To Hell, Mike Tomlin”

1. Wise Owl says:

The NFL can go to hell. The NFL can go to hell. The NFL can go to hell. The NFL can go to hell. The NFL can go to hell. The NFL can go to hell. ….

2. Uriel says:

Righteous! I wish I had known the information earlier. I scoured the administrative manual and the rule books for that passage. Now IR apparently is written in the contracts for players. I hope someone finds that passage and posts it nationally. The fact checking Lib sites and media have said it was a false post. Had these imbeciles are sickos. They deserve sponsors to be withdrawn and people to no longer be fans! See how they pay for their expensive slaves then.

3. clyde says:

Screw the morons of the National Felon League.

4. I.R. Wayright says:

I want to contact my cable TV provider and ask them to delete all the channels that schedule all, AND I DO MEAN ALL, football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, the Olympics and any other sports game type I may have omitted. I never watch any of them and would appreciate saving the $5 sports franchise fee on my cable bill.
    To the insignificant jerks who disrespect the flag; you disrespect ALL of us. Do you have any idea how many homes in this country have triangular folded US flags in them presented to the families of deceased veterans? Well, do you, punks?

The next thing we all need to do is contact the legislators about the corporate discounts the teams get and no more taxpayer support for hugely expensive new sports stadiums. We need to quit playing games in this country and get our fiscal house in order.

• SafeSpace says:

Exactly, IR. Atlanta, that mecca of top-performing schools and state-of-the-art highways, saddled its taxpayers with the guarantee on over a BILLION dollars’ worth of construction bonds as the city’s “share” of the cost of the Falcons’ new stadium. The whole operation reminds me of the mob back in my hometown in the day, shaking down clubs and taverns for “protection”….

5. SafeSpace says:

As of an hour ago, we learn that Alejandro Villanueva HAS APOLOGIZED for his patriotic display which went “contrary to his team’s wishes”. Apparently his NFL masters got to him, or to his paycheck. This is more depressing than the original cowardice of his teammates. WTF has happened to the City of Steel in the Valley of Work, the Foundry To The World, that city I grew up in, where the mills roared 24/7, the people were proud, and nobody of any race or nationality ever slacked off?

6. whitetop says:

The NFL is composed of grown men paid lots of money to play a kids game. They are suppose to be providing entertainment; not political thought. Kaepernick started a trend that now reaches down into Jr. high schools where players take a knee and probably have no concept of what the hell they are doing. His legacy may very well be that he brought down the NFL.

It makes me sick to read Alejandro Villanueva apologized to his team mates. They should be sucking up to him for having the balls to stand up for what he believes. Or I guess now he stood up for what he believed until someone changed his mind.

7. vonMesser says:

As I told a friend about 40 years ago when she was whining about a person who owed her a bunch of money “$25 for a knee cap or elbow, $75 for all four” For about 30 seconds the look on her face was priceless. I was only half kidding.

That aside, football is NOT on my watch professional sport list.

8. Shar says:

If the whole situation wasn’t offensive enough, I heard it was Gold Star Mothers Day.
    Total disrespect for our Country and those who serve and lost their life or limbs.
    If you don’t like our Country get the hell out.

9. Wendy says:

The fact that my all time favorite team, the New Orleans Saints, did the knee thing (well, the black players did) and the white players, including quarterback Drew Brees, stayed back in the tunnel, really disappointed me. I truly thought they were better than that! Won’t be watching football this season.

10. Bullright says:

.”respectful of our football team.” Tomlin told reporters. Objective #1. Oh that’s what matters. Even when it disrespects the country. I followed every twist, turn and revision in it since. But it only gets worse. Major FUBAR. Not My Steelers sums it up..

They probably should hire a PR guy to explain future screw ups. Make a patriot, hero “embarrassed” for his display of respect for the country?? I do hate seeing Harrison dragged into it but….. Rooney is having a panic attack, bastard.Tomlin will be Soblin.

• Bullright says:

PS I think P-burgh has turned into Three Rivers of Denial — to be followed by the three stages of grief..Snowflakes.

• SafeSpace says:

Bulright: Three Rivers of Denial is about correct. A few days ago I heard that a “student protest” at the University of Pittsburgh, the alma mater of my mom and dad, was organized to demand free tuition, forgiveness of loans, safe speech zones (meaning nothing that does not fit in the leftist echo chamber), and all the usual leftist crapola. Now the snowflakes are falling on the former Steel City.

11. Dynalady says:

What a disgrace. NFL didnt’ like Tim Tebow; it prefers domestic violence abusers, sexual predators, thugs, murderers, & now…outstanding public relations–Players disrespecting America, the flag, the national anthem, our Men & Women in Uniform, the cops, 9-11 victims.

Lots of decades-long NFL fans like me & hubby are turning it off. Just sick of it. Sick of the taxpayer paid stadiums, the tax exemption, the hyping of thugs & criminals, terrible officiating, stupid rules, all the p.c, & now disrespect from millionaire children who don’t even know which side their bread is buttered on.

To the POTUS–Tax reform #1–end the NFL’s tax exemption. Use the money to pay back working taxpayers for the stadiums. Talk about people who don’t pay their fair share–NFL pays nothing at all!

Would love to see all the lefty sportscasters out of work, too.

• SafeSpace says:

Dynalady: Start a petition at petitions.whitehouse.gov. While public awareness is high, a petition to end the NFL tax exemptions and demand reimbursements to go to, for example, inner city schools, would likely reach the 100K threshold fast.

12. Navyvet says:

I used to have a great deal of respect for Mike Tomlin. Pffffft….gone! Screw you Mike. Not that you give a shit about it, but nothing you can ever do will regain my respect. BTW, eff you NFL. Granted I haven’t watched this non-stop commercial marathon for several years now, but screw you all anyway.

13. Bullright says:

Take it from a 12 yr old patriot

I’d say the boycott is on!

14. Shar says:

I heard on local news that a rally is taking place at New Era Field home of Buffalo Bills. More vets expected tomorrow and may continue for the week. Also one vet is trying to organize a rally for Nov 12 day after Veterans Day. Plan to stay in the parking lot and sing the anthem.

AT&T is giving refunds to cancel direct tv football channel. Good for them.