Trump Using ‘Sweatshop’ Tactics ?

I’m sure most of you have heard about Frank Giaccio, an 11-year-old kid from Falls Church, Virginia, who wrote a note to President Trump saying he admired his business sense and had a business of his own: He mows lawns, $8 a pop. But it would be his “honor to mow the White House Lawn” as a volunteer.

And he got the gig!

So now there are pictures of him all over the Internet, mowing the Rose Garden lawn on September 15. And while he’s doing it, out comes the president to shake his hand. Giaccio tells the president he wants to be a Navy Seal someday and it’s a giant feel-good story. And then the libs got wind of it .

Steven Greenhouse, former New York Times labor reporter and author of the book, The Big Squeeze: Tough Times for the American Worker, tweeted that the administration was “Not sending a great signal on child labor, minimum wage & occupational safety” by having a “10-year-old volunteer mow its lawn.”

But, that wasn’t the worst of it. CNN’s liberal loon Anderson Cooper and token black Don Lemon were outraged at this flagrant act of child cruelty and sweat-shop brutality …..

Well okay. Maybe that didn’t really happen. Yet. But just give them some time….

~Terry

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Trump Using ‘Sweatshop’ Tactics ?

1. Wise Owl says:

Liberals are clueless dipshits, incapable of rationality.

2. whitetop says:

I started mowing lawns when I was 9 and it wasn’t because I was forced to do it. Frank is doing it because he is motivated and I predict a great future for this kid. Dumb shits like Cooper and company obviously were born w/a silver spoon in their mouth since they never aspired to anything higher than being a “journalist”. Is that even considered a profession any more? Too many labor laws are destroying the incentive to work by young people. But laziness will win out because the government is there will all kinds of welfare programs to prevent many from having to work. Good luck Frank and piss on the media.

• Terry says:

Same here Whitetop. I spent many evenings & weekends steering my bike with one hand and holding on to the lawnmower behind me with the other hand, cruising the hood & looking for shaggy lawns to mow. $1-2 a yard went a long way back then.

Now I can’t even find a neighborhood kid to mow mine, or do anything else to make a buck. They all get it from their mommies.

3. Jules Smith says:

What a breath of fresh air for the future that little boy is, and so sweet. Not only is that very decent of Trump to fulfil his wish but it is political genius on his part.

Now, the question I’ve been toying with is do I follow Steven Greenhouse and his gasses on Twitter and bully him gently until he dies, or not?

• SafeSpace says:

Until such time as you are charged real money to post hateful right-wing racist homophobic islamophobic rants on Twatter, GO FOR IT, Jules!

• Terry says:

I was just as sweet when I mowed Mrs. Crabapple’s lawn….

PLEASE PLEASE follow Mr. Greenhouse. I may even sign up for twitter to watch the fun !

4. vonmesser says:

Shared

5. SafeSpace says:

Just imagine how the MSM maroons would be falling all over themselves to praise this kid, if only he had been a she, or a trannie, or a muzzie, or a person of colour. Instead they’re bitching because li’l Frankie is just building his white privilege.

• Terry says:

I don’t know about that ” person of colour” part SS. Ol’ Crazy Unca’ Joe would be out there shouting “Republicans are seeking to put ya’ll back in chains,” while the poor uncle Tom was slaving away.

6. Diego Dave says:

i mowed lawns and had to give my dad a cut for using his mower (i bought my own gas)…he wasnt being a jerk, just teaching me how life works. so i saved enough to buy my own mower…and behold…my dad pulls out all the money i paid him for renting his and says he keeps the mower rent money and now his mower is mine!

so i was able to keep the money for the new mower and now no longer pay mower rent money, now making more money for each lawn i mowed.

i am sure this kid has someone in his life like my dad and the story gave me hope for the youth in this country.

7. Thanks for the laughs, Terry. While the video was typical of the left’s sick cynicism, I found it twisted enough to get a laugh out of.

I thought PDJT allowing that kid to mow the WH lawn first rate. It shows a level of humanity not seen in decades by a sitting US president plus it sure as heck put a line on the kid’s resume’. 🙂

Naturally, the moronic left is not happy. BFD. When they are unhappy, I am happy. 🙂

• They’ll never “get it”, HN. There’s no point in even trying to understand their reasoning – it doesn’t exist. You’ll just go mad in your attempts.
      And like most here, I revel in their misery. The more they scream, the more I laugh.

• Terry says:

It was definitely a class act alright.
      When the ‘tards are miserable it just seems like the sunshine is brighter !

9. Peppermint says:

I was mowing our family lawn when I was 10 years old for bloody sake. Nobody ever thought it was “child labor abuse” because every other kid in the neighborhood was doing the same thing.

As for Don Lemon is he one big dipstick and idiot. I don’t know who could take him seriously since he’s so over the top all the time. CNN Sucks

• As apposed to yesteryear, when it was commonplace, today’s kids are too sissified in doing anything productive. You’d think cutting lawns was a union job…

• Terry says:

If I didn’t mow our yard there would have been child abuse, except it was called a whuppin’ in those days.

• Diego Dave says:

so true and we are all still alive. i got spanked as a kid when i went “antifa” on my parents…and deservedly so.

dr. vernon macgee (deceased) says that is when kids need a little educating…as in the “the seat of the pants meeting the board of education”.

• Terry says:

LOL
          I usuallylearned a few lessons via switches taken from The Tree Of Knowledge.

• Diego Dave says:

yep! and i learned from those painful lessons is the consequences of my actions which taught me to be careful in the future…

but now we let govt tell us we can disipline our kids like that when they cross the rubicon…so now kids grow up thinking they can do “whatever” and there will not be consequences…

a.k.a….reach into a cop car window and try to grab his gun you just might get your a** shot.

• Terry says:

All the pain and grief from losing your son who “was such a gooood boy” seems to be eased bigly by multi-million $ lawsuits awarded to the suddenly caring parents.
              While most parents hope their children will achieve high goals and become successful contributors to society, it seems some are content with breeding future victims worth big bucks.