There have been numerous claims by the left that the Nazis and the Fascists (who are not the same thing despite the leftist mythology) are right-wing, and not socialist at all. For those persons who have mental abilities beyond those of a kumquat, please take the items listed here below, and compare them with the Manifesto of the Fascist Party and the 25 points of the Nazi Party platform, both posted earlier on this site. As you can see, deleting the racist krap of the real Nazi Party (and the silly posturing of the know-nothing neo-Nazis), everything in the Nazi and the Fascist platforms can be located here in the Socialist platform.
2015-2017 Socialist Party Platform (US)
• We demand the immediate withdrawal of the United States from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA), and oppose the creation of a widened Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) and Trans Pacific Partnership.
• We call for worker and community ownership and control of corporations.
• We call for a minimum wage of $15 per hour, indexed to the cost of living.
• We support the provision of a livable guaranteed annual income.
• We call for a steeply graduated income tax and a steeply graduated estate tax, and a maximum income of no more than ten times the minimum.
• We demand cancellation of Third World debt.
• We call for increased and expanded welfare assistance and increased and expanded unemployment compensation at 100% of a worker’s previous income or the minimum wage, whichever is higher, for the full period of unemployment or re-training, whichever is longer.
• We call for the closing of all U.S. military facilities at home and abroad that train foreign military and paramilitary personnel.
• We call for the United States to immediately and unconditionally withdraw its forces from the Middle-East.
• We call for an end to the U.S. occupation of the province of Guantanamo, Cuba.
• We call for an end to the occupation of the State of Palestine, apartheid policies of the Israeli government against the Palestinian people, and all U.S. aid to Israel.
• We support an immediate cut off of all U.S. military aid to Colombia, and all other recipients.
• We call for the abolition of the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, and all other institutions of covert warfare.
• We stand for unconditional disarmament by the United States.
• We call for an immediate 50% cut in the military budget, followed by additional cuts, with the aim of rapidly reducing the military budget to less than 10% of its current level, with the “peace dividend” directed to essential social services and to the cost of cleaning up contaminated military sites.
• We call for the disbanding of NATO and all other aggressive military alliances, and the closing of all overseas bases.
• We call for the U.S. to pay off its debt to the United Nations, an end to veto power in the UN, and an end to permanent membership on the UN Security Council.
• We support the right of soldiers to form unions to represent their views and interests.
• We support the right of public sector workers to strike.
• We call for recognizing a union based on cards signed.
• We support militant, united labor action including hot cargo agreements, and boycotts, factory committees, secondary and sympathy strikes, sit-down strikes, general strikes, and ultimately the expropriation of workplaces.
• We support the right of workers to hold shop meetings on company premises, elect their immediate supervisors, and administer health and safety programs through the formation of shop councils.
• We call for a 30 hour work week at no loss of pay, with six weeks annual paid vacation.
• We are committed to confronting the heterosexism that provides the fertile ground for homophobic violence, and support all efforts toward fostering understanding and cooperation among persons and groups of differing sexual orientations.
People of Color
• We call for reparations from the federal government for its role in the slave trade and the genocide of Native American nations, with the reparations programs administered by the oppressed communities themselves.
• We support the efforts of people of color to self-defense, self-determination, and to organize independently for their liberation.
• We oppose all efforts to declare English an official language, and call for an end to all language discrimination. We demand that all public and private institutions provide services and materials in the languages of their communities.
• We call for the right of retirement at age 55 a minimum annual retirement income of $25,000, tax free, and protected from inflation by cost of living increases.
• We support hospice care, and a person’s right to die with dignity in a manner of their choosing.
The Socialist Party is a socialist feminist organization that recognizes that a struggle against habitual male dominance and patriarchy must go hand in hand with any struggle against capitalism
• We demand full support for every woman’s right to choose when, if, and how to have children, including the right to free abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy, without interference or coercion. Clinics providing abortion services must have the full protection of the law.
• We call for the decriminalization of prostitution and demand that sex workers, just like all women workers, are guaranteed a full range of health, social, and legal services; and working conditions free from harassment, violence, and exploitation
• We call for the abolition of parent consent and notification laws for reproductive health services, including abortion.
• We call for the right to comprehensive sex education in school that includes birth control methods, STD protection, and information about being GLBTQ.
• We call for the lowering of the voting age to 15
Arts and Culture
The Socialist Party believes that art is an integral part of daily life, and should not be treated as a commodity produced by the activity of an elite group. All members of society should have ample oppor-tunities for participation in art and cultural activities.
• We support guaranteed incomes and grants for artists and performers.
• We call for the forgiveness of all outstanding federal student loans and believe that students should not be saddled with decades of debt simply because they pursue higher education.
• We support public child care starting from infancy, and public education starting at age three, with caregivers and teachers of young children receiving training, wages, and benefits comparable to that of teachers at every other level of the educational system.
• We oppose merit pay for teachers, standardized testing, competition between schools within the same district, the sale of on-campus advertising in order to raise funds, and the increasing dependence of post-secondary institutions on corporate funding.
The Socialist Party stands for a socialized health care system based on universal coverage, salaried doctors and health care workers, and revenues derived from a steeply graduated income tax.
• We give critical support to the demand for the immediate abolition of all private health insurance companies through the creation of a single-payer health system. We see single-payer as an important step in the direction of a fully socialized national health program with full standard and alternative medical, dental, vision, and mental health coverage for all. This system would be publicly funded through progressive taxation and controlled by democratically elected assemblies of health care workers and patients. The National Health Program should improve, and replace, Medicare and Medicaid.
• We support the right to choose or refuse medical treatment, the right to die, and the right to assisted suicide.
• We call for a vast increase in Section 8 housing subsidies as one element of major public investment in the construction of low cost, scattered site, community-based, high quality housing.
• We call for rent control for all rental units, and the right of tenants to organize.
The Socialist Party calls for extensive public transportation in both urban and rural areas.
• We call for an end to the expansion of the interstate highway system and the reduction of combustion engine/auto based transport.
• We call for government subsidized programs to expand safe routes for foot and bicycle paths.
• We call for pedestrian ways, accessible by mass transit, which exclude vehicles from the downtown area of cities and towns.
Bill of Rights
The Socialist Party is committed to the rights of free speech, free press, free assembly, and personal privacy, and the freedom of religious choice through the separation of church and state.
• We condemn the so-called War on Terrorism and call for the immediate repeal of the U.S.A.P.A.T.R.I.O.T Acts and the Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act.
• We call for the elimination of the Dept. of Homeland Security and the sweeping police powers accorded to it.
• We call for the abolition of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• We oppose all forms of censorship both legislative and institutional.
• We support the actions of all whistle-blowers in revealing acts of oppression towards the working class by the government and oppose any attempts to imprison or punish them for their heroic acts.
The Socialist Party works to build a world in which everyone will be able to freely move across borders, to visit and to live wherever they choose. We recognize the central role global capitalism plays in forcing the immigration of people from the less developed to the more industrialized countries, often leading to further economic and social injustice.
• We defend the rights of all immigrants to education, health care, and full civil and legal rights and call for an unconditional amnesty program for all undocumented people. We oppose the imposition of any fees on those receiving amnesty.
• We oppose “guest worker” programs. We call for full citizenship rights upon demonstrating residency for six months.
Free and Fair Elections
The Socialist Party stands for political activity independent of the two major corporate parties. We view electoral activity as an important component of the struggle for fundamental social change. Participation as socialists in local, state, and national elections is a valuable way to clarify our position on a wide range of issues, of broadly disseminating our principles and programs, and of asserting and reaffirming our commitment to the democratic process. We believe that capitalism is fundamentally incompatible with democracy and that true democracy can only be achieved with society’s transformation to socialism.
• We oppose representation based on anything other than population.
• We call for the elimination of the Electoral College and support instant run-off voting of all elected officials.
• We call for the restoration of the right to vote for all citizens incarcerated in jails and prisons
• We call for a mandatory paper trail of all votes to allow for recounts and verification. (This one, I can support)
• We call for the right of prisoners to organize unions and cooperative groups to negotiate for better living conditions
• We call for the decriminalization of drug use and the regulation of narcotics by doctors through the use of prescriptions rather than by the criminal justice system.
• We call for the immediate amnesty for all non-violent offenders currently incarcerated.
• We call for disallowing employers from inquiring about an applicant’s past criminal record not directly related to the occupational task to be performed, including eliminating the check off box for felons.
• We call for the automatic restoration of voting rights for current convicted felons, end the revocation of civil rights for anyone convicted of a felony.
Media and Intellectual Property
• We call for government ownership of satellite and cable companies with revenues generated by these operations allocated to a publicly controlled fund to finance innovative visual and audio programming (including movies), over the air radio and television, and cable and satellite programming.
• We call for the repeal of all existing copyright extension laws.
• We oppose private ownership of the Internet backbone. We call for direct public ownership of at least 50% of the total bandwidth and for democratic ownership and control of the Internet domain naming system.
ENVIRONMENT & ENERGY
• We call for public ownership and democratic control of all our natural resources in order to conserve resources, preserve our wilderness areas, and restore environmental quality.
• The U.S. must immediately return to participation in international agreements, such as the Kyoto Protocol, limiting carbon emissions, and accept a major role in worldwide efforts to control global warming.
• We oppose any new nuclear power projects and call for the rapid phasing out of all nuclear power plants, and a ban on the export of nuclear technology.
The Socialist Party stands for municipal ownership and control of energy plants, in a non-profit and decentralized, but coordinated, system that ensures the most careful use of natural resources.
• We call for the development of alternative energy sources including solar, geothermal, wind, hydropower, and biomass to end dependence on fossil fuels.
The Socialist Party supports a system of ecologically based, sustainable, organic agriculture based on family farms and farming cooperatives that guarantee full workers’ rights to their employees, uphold all environmental and safety standards, and treat their live-stock in a humane manner. We support the creation of socially owned enterprises in the areas of transportation, storage, and processing of agricultural goods, controlled by boards comprised of farmers, farm workers, and community members.
• We call for the elimination of the use of pesticides.
• We encourage the reintroduction of hemp farming.
The Socialist Party recognizes the rights of animals to live free from unnecessary pain and suffering, and the responsibility of people to protect those rights.
• We support the spaying and neutering of pets to prevent the massive extermination resulting from overpopulation.
• We call for the banning of the fur trade.
• We support greater inclusion and enforcement of the Endangered Species Act.
• We call for a ban on animal experimentation for product development, and for an oversight board to examine and limit the use of animals in scientific and medical research.
The next part of this series will take specific articles of the Nazi, Fascist, and Socialist platforms and list them side-by-side.