Uniparty Swamp Creatures Block Trump’s Recess Appointments

If you have any remaining doubts about the disloyalty of the GOPe’rs in the US Congress, and their unholy alliance with the Democrats to protect their precious turf and give yet another middle finger to the American voter, please consider this news item.  The Senate and House will hold “pro-forma business meetings” for one minute or so three days each week during their upcoming August recess.  Thus they can claim they are in session, and deny PDJT the opportunity to make recess appointments.

Senate blocks Trump from making recess appointments over break

The Senate blocked President Trump from being able to make recess appointments on Thursday as lawmakers leave Washington for their August break.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), doing wrap up for the entire Senate, locked in nine “pro-forma” sessions — brief meetings that normally last roughly a minute.   The move, which requires the agreement of every senator, means the Senate will be in session every three business days throughout the August recess.

The Senate left D.C. on Thursday evening with most lawmakers not expected to return to Washington until after Labor Day.

Senators were scheduled to be in town through next week, but staffers and senators predicted they would wrap up a few remaining agenda items and leave Washington early.

Trump isn’t the first president to face the procedural roadblock from Congress.   The Senate has used the brief sessions to block recess appointments for decades, including last year to keep President Barack Obama from being able to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat.

But the current deal comes after Trump repeatedly lashed out at Attorney General Jeff Sessions, sparking speculation that he would fire the former senator and try to name his successor while Congress was out of town.
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) warned last month that Democrats had “tools in our toolbox” to block a recess appointment.   “We’re ready to use every single one of them, any time, day or night. It’s so vital to the future of the republic,” he said.

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said late last month that he didn’t have any announcements on pro-forma sessions, but he noted that “if the Senate doesn’t adjourn, typically pro forma sessions happen every three days.”

The spokesman added on Friday that the Senate was holding the brief sessions because they didn’t get a deal on adjourning, not specifically to block the president from making recess appointments.

“So to meet our constitutional requirement of meeting every few days, we’re doing pro formas. We didn’t do it to block Trump,” the aide said.  Under Article One of the Constitution “neither House, during the session of Congress, shall, without the consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days.” The House is also currently holding pro-forma sessions.

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) added earlier Thursday that he expected the Senate would set up the pro-forma sessions, which require a GOP senator to briefly preside over the upper chamber.  “My understanding is that we will only recess for three days at a time. …When we were in the majority I had to come down from Delaware and preside,” he said.

Trump also needs to find a new secretary of Homeland Security after he named John Kelly his new chief of staff.

The GOP-controlled Senate also held pro-forma sessions over the week-long Fourth of July recess.  And Democrats held pro-forma sessions every three days in 2012 when Obama tried to appoint National Labor Relations Board members. The Supreme Court ruled in 2014 that he overstepped his constitutional authority.

Asked if he was now glad the NLRB case had been litigated, Coons added on Thursday to laughter: “I think it’s important that there be restraints on the recess appointments.”
AS USUAL, we maggot voters can tip our hat to Smidge “Where’s My Scrotum” McConnell, Lisa Murky-cow-ski, Susan Kawlinns, Flakey Jeff, and most assuredly John McStain for boldly jumping into the breach and assisting Chuckie Schumer in protecting “the future of our Republic”.  These brassholes would not recognize a Republic if it bought them a pint at Johnny’s Half Shell.

Just read Smidge’s passionate comments above on pro-forma sessions.  That sack of Kontemtible Kentucky Krap calmly dismisses our President’s efforts and goals to rebuild our nation, with less urgency than he’d express if he ran out of toilet paper in the Congressional sh*thouse.

So here’s how it works.  When Congress is in session, those two stupid female GOPe senators team up with one of the pajama boys on the right side of the aisle, and stall Trump’s appointments.  When Congress is on “recess”, the same trio of GOPe turds pretends to be in session, and stalls Trump’s appointments.  Is that a great system, or what?

I wonder just how much longer we maggot voters are going to tolerate this consistent pattern of douche-baggery from our “elected representatives”, that tone-deaf gang of jackwagons that cares solely about protecting their precious ability to spend the money their IRS confiscates from us.

— SafeSpace —
Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Uniparty Swamp Creatures Block Trump’s Recess Appointments

1. clyde says:

Sorry gotta call bullshit. These rotten bastards of the GOPe have all got to be treated as democrats.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that this wonderful opportunity to get Our Country back on track is all gonna go to squat. The traitors from both sides are going to use these tactics for Trump’s entire Presidency.
    Such a heartbreak.

3. I would leave my opinion about this, but I don’t want to be banned from the site for Foul Language and my language would be pretty foul, trust me on that okay?

4. Uriel says:

One great piece of last minute news. Even the Democrats got on board and in an up/down vote 60 confirmations were done! So Everyone make sure you confront your congress members during this “time off” and make them aware that WE ARE WATCHING THEM!

• Uriel says:

If they could present AND get the President signature on a slime bill in SEVEN days then there is a he!$ of a lot else they can do.

5. Wise Owl says:

It’s time to vote out virtually ALL the incumbents next election! We need to start tracking who supports PDJT and who defies him, and make sure those that do not support him will be out of politics.

Sadly, this will have to be an all-conservative movement because The American people are too stupid to realize that their government “representatives” are screwing them badly.

6. malenurseken says:

SO PISSED! And if Trump says NO recess till more work is done HEY! ……. But yea I know. 2018 will be interesting election for many DEMS (including a senator here in ND) And the %^B GOP establishment types! THIS ISNT OVER!

7. vonMesser says:

It is time to support WHOMEVER (even a Democrat) running against some of these traitors to America.

• Given the actions and traitorous comments of the Minority Leader is supporting a Democrat really going to improve the situation? I can only imagine the difficulties President Trump would face if the Democrats became the majority! I agree about getting them out but by primarying them and getting more libertarian or conservative candidates not Democrats. What say ye?

• SafeSpace says:

Mark: Full agreement here, but where are the likely candidates? I see very few names in any state that’d have even a prayer of beating the GOPe incumbents. And time is running short, as pre-election planning and fundraising take months to do well.

8. Sharron Beaty says:

pls don’t do what gop does & give nan & chuck help no dem EVER goes against their party not enough honesty or ethics we have to follow races of biggest gop rats support their repub opponents & try to help our President clean house

• SafeSpace says:

Shar: Mark Levin has made similar observations. If the UniParty and the Deep Statre socialist bastards try to impeach Trump, they will be making a very clear statement that OUR votes are irrelevant unless those votes do NOT challenge the current ruling class. You can be damn sure that Barky Soetero, George Whoros, Duval Patrick (the Anointed One for 2020), the Southern Poverty Law Center, the BLM asswipes …. all are armed and ready just in case the people who built this country finally decide to do something about this seditious and treasonous situation.

• I am not sure I care if they are armed and ready or not, if it comes to that kind of civil war then I would rather go out with a bang and not just a whimper because it’s too late to fight back. I am frightened that day is closer than I fear and then a great Lamp of Liberty will have been extinguished. I honestly hope I do not live to see that day. I am afraid that day is far closer than I know, but I pray it doesn’t come.

• malenurseken says:

That day IS closer than we might think Mark! BUT dont be so down! Its attitudes like THAT that loses wars and conflicts! This is the UNITED states of america! Yea lot of enemies trying to destroy from within but HEY GOD helped get this country going, HE will help preserve it IF we are willing! If we sit back and say ITS NO USE were doomed! And guess what OTHER day is closer than we know????? CHIN UP BUDDY! YOUR NOT ALONE!!!!!! PLEASE

• malenurseken says:

I totally agree Shar. I listen to M. Savage too when I can. He great. As well as Limbaugh, Hannity, Cunningham, Levin,….. I totally believe it will come to civil war! WE THE PEOPLE HAD ENUFF! Ill be ready!

9. Shar says:

malenurseken, good variety to listen to. Sometimes Savage is very dark and hard to listen to. I think his support for Trump is iffy at times. I think Trump and We The People will prevail. I’m not giving up. The Dems have nothing to offer and the GOPe
    Swamp even less. One and the same. We just need to keep chipping away.

10. Shar says:

Sorry, this is the correct one to cheer us up.

11. malenurseken says:

Thanks Shar. That was a refreshing reminder! Im also on instagram! I have Trump AND NEW Federation as some of my contacts there. I get direct news ! And there is ALWAYS libs that come on and try to act intelligent! I had a go around with a lib today! You know youll NEVER win an arguement against a LIBTURD but OH I said many things! And what made me feel good, I HAD SUPPORT OF OTHERS ! This LIB attacked them also! But hey he was outnumbered! I love it! WE THE PEOPLE MUST stick together like this and support each other! If VOTING dont work, WE THE PEOPLE will take over! Im ready!

12. malenurseken says:

How many of you listen to Judge Jeanine Pirro? OMG she is awesome! I LOVE HER! And right on the money! SHE should run for POTUS!

13. Shar says:

I watch Judge Pirro, Lou Dobbs, and Hannity on Fox. On the business channel we only have left Lou Dobbs. They canned Charles Payne (affair) and recently Eric Bolling (sex text pics). I don’t believe either. They are after Hannity. Soon there won’t be much left to watch. The Murdoch sons are very liberal and taking the channel to the left. Good thing I have Nox & Friends to keep me informed. Salute to all that contribute. We have to stick together.

• Terry says:

I don’t know who the 2 ladies were on the panel that were testing MadMaxine, but good on them. Of course it didn’t stop her from spewing lie after lie, giving her OK to everything that is hurting Trump that she would have absolutely condemned if the same happened to obozo or Hitlery, and the audience minions just lapped it up. Pitiful.