House Resolution 446 – submitted by Rep. Jayapal, Pramila [D-WA-7] was “Of inquiry requesting the President and directing the Attorney General to transmit, respectively, certain documents to the House of Representatives relating to the removal of former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey”
However, The Judiciary Committee just added an amendment “To Appoint A Second Special Counsel To Investigate James Comey, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice, and any others that might be implicated in a wide range of illegal activities. The linked letter below enumerates exactly the scope of questions that this counsel is to consider and whether criminal charges against any or all under investigations is warranted. Since it was agreed to, the H Res as amended now heads to the House floor.
Note: During this discussion, it became clear that a “Special Counsel” is for Criminal Actions where as letters requesting information or inquiries in committee carry less weight and purpose. In other words, Mueller is to determine if President Trump and his campaign team are to be criminally prosecuted for an “alleged collusion” even though time after time, it has been stated that this is not the case.
Russia did in some way attempt to interfere. But the Democrats have conveniently chosen to ignore the illegal actions of the Obama administration personnel; the DNC actions during the 2016 presidential election; and the Clinton/Clinton Foundation activities in their alleged pay-for-play activities as well as dissemination of classified information over public rather than government computers; and, unmasking of people by Obama-sympathetic employees still on staff with classified clearance after President Trump was sworn in, as well as the leaking of that information to MSM reporters.
The entire Mueller special counsel who is supposed to only be investigating Russian/Trump interference in the election (unless that specific directive has been amended) and the involvement of five different congressional committees in this pursuit of Russian interference is a kangaroo court action and a huge waste of time, taxpayer money, and draws attention away from the need to determine criminal actions by other than Russian interference.
The tieing up of the committees time also prevents them from performing their regular duties as congressional committees and in one way is actually hindering a real investigation by said “special counsel.” It should also be noted that the Senate Judiciary left the door wide open for a “many months or well into several years in-depth investigation” by Mueller with an unspecified counsel budget, unlimited staff, and no oversight romp through classified documents and years worth of information all on what is supposedly for a year or less worth of scrutiny.
Note: I used this video for convenience. I did not come across a portion where Trey Gowdy was speaking; but, the version below is from C-span and should be the entire meeting.
House of Representatives
Committee on the Judiciary
July 27, 2017
Letter to AG Sessions and Deputy AG Rosenstein
1) Then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch directing Mr. Comey to mislead the American people on the nature of the Clinton investigation;
2) The shadow cast over our system of justice concerning Secretary Clinton and her involvement in mishandling classified information;
3) FBI and DOJ’s investigative decisions related to former Secretary Clinton’s email investigation, including the propriety and consequence of immunity deals given to potential Clinton co-conspirators Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson, John Bentel and possibly others;
4) The apparent failure of DOJ to empanel a grand jury to investigate allegations of mishandling of classified information by Hillary Clinton and her associates;
5) The Department of State and its employees’ involvement in determining which communications of Secretary Clinton’s and her associates to turn over for public scrutiny;
6) WikiLeaks disclosures concerning the Clinton Foundation and its potentially unlawful international dealings;
7) Connections between the Clinton campaign, or the Clinton Foundation, and foreign entities, including those from Russia and Ukraine;
8) Mr. Comey’s knowledge of the purchase of Uranium One by the company Rosatom, whether the approval of the sale was connected to any donations made to the Clinton Foundation, and what role Secretary Clinton played in the approval of that sale that had national security ramifications;
9) Disclosures arising from unlawful access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) computer systems, including inappropriate collusion between the DNC and the Clinton campaign to undermine Senator Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign;
10) Post-election accusations by the President that he was wiretapped by the previous Administration, and whether Mr. Comey and Ms. Lynch had any knowledge of efforts made by any federal agency to unlawfully monitor communications of then-candidate Trump or his associates;
11) Selected leaks of classified information related to the unmasking of U.S. person identities incidentally collected upon by the intelligence community, including an assessment of whether anyone in the Obama Administration, including Mr. Comey, Ms. Lynch, Ms. Susan Rice, Ms. Samantha Power, or others, had any knowledge about the “unmasking” of individuals on then candidate-Trump’s campaign team, transition team, or both;
12) Admitted leaks by Mr. Comey to Columbia University law professor, Daniel Richman, regarding conversations between Mr. Comey and President Trump, how the leaked information was purposefully released to lead to the appointment of a special counsel, and whether any classified information was included in the now infamous “Comey memos”;
13) Mr. Comey’s and the FBI’s apparent reliance on “Fusion GPS” in its investigation of the Trump campaign, including the company’s creation of a “dossier” of information about Mr. Trump, that dossier’s commission and dissemination in the months before and after the 2016 election, whether the FBI paid anyone connected to the dossier, and the intelligence sources of Fusion GPS or any person or company working for Fusion GPS and its affiliates; and
14) Any and all potential leaks originated by Mr. Comey and provide to author Michael Schmidt dating back to 1993.
Signed by twenty members……
H. Res 446 in Judicial Committee C-Span Video
Rep Goodlatte had quite a few points during his opening statement on H Res 446 and the amendment. If you discount all of the efforts to turn the tide against having a special counsel investigation into the real illegal activities and the whining about why is Clinton being harassed again. This is a rough cut of that meeting.
Looks like the things are about to heat up and become vicious in Congress. Now if Trump will get back on task and SHUT UP about anything but progress not rants/tweets/comments on people and other non-essentials. Hopefully he will listen to his new Chief of Staff. Chaos does not help a damn bit to achieve progress.
Boy am I sick of this — instead of a special counsel though FIRE Mueller’s counsel as exceeding original intent and go directly to court for the 446 amendment do not pass go ——-BRING A COURT CASE AGAINST all of them from Obama down to the office secretary if that is necessary, most especially Clinton, Clinton Foundation, and her crew.