Are You Ready For Some (Non-PC) Football ?

Y’all remember this don’t ya ?

Well, guess what ? Hank Williams Jr is bringing all his rowdy friends back to Monday Night Football six years after ESPN dropped him for his controversial comments about Batears Obama

ESPN says a new version of Williams’ longtime ‘MNF’ theme song and its  “Are You Ready For Some Football? “ catchphrase will debut before the first regular-season Monday night game – a September 11 match-up between the New Orleans Saints (Who Dat !) and Minnesota Vikings.

The network said in a statement that it’s bringing back what it calls the “most iconic music video in sports television history” because fans missed it.

Stephanie Druley, ESPN’s senior vice president of events and studio production, told the USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee.

“I think it’s a return to our past in that it’s such an iconic song associated with football . It was the original. It belongs to Monday Night Football. It really is about returning to what fans know. It’s a Monday night party and that’s what we’re all hoping to get back to. I’m sure there’ll be some backlash, but I’m not concerned. It was the right time. We discussed it internally and it was just the right time to bring him back. “

You bet it’s the right time. It’s called WINNING !

~Terry

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Are You Ready For Some (Non-PC) Football ?

1. manisha says:

Thanks for one’s Good posting! I enjoyed reading it, I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice evening! keeping this website

Even though I could give a crap about professional sports this is good news. PC has no place anywhere. Besides, who gave the left that right to determine what is acceptable speech?

3. Shar says:

In the same boat Hardnox, could care less. Do love Hank Jr.

• Terry says:

Shar & Nox, as a recovering NFL junkie, I totally agree. The only NFL games I watch are when my beloved Saints are playing. But the 1st time one of them kneel during the anthem, that will end also.

I should have been more clear that this is about bitch-slapping the whining PCers and not an endorsement of the pro sports elitists. REAL Americans are giving the middle finger to the snowflakes and the lefties more and more, and I’m lovin’ it !

4. Deserttrek says:

100% BULLSHIT to get people to watch espn and stuff money into the pockets of the main stream media. The NFL is the f**king enemy they are politically correct to the max, they play in largely publicly funded stadiums, the taxpayers pay for 100% of the security at the stupid bowl

Watch the NFL and you are a f**king idiot who is supporting the mainstream media and far left causes.

5. Shar says:

Deserttrek, I heard that the NFL doesn’t pays taxes. Not sure why.

• Terry says:

Shar ya got me to wondering about that too. Here’s a quickie answer :

The NFL League Office is the company that is actually tax-exempt, not the NFL as a whole. The NFL is comprised of 32 separate organizations – the teams – all of which pay taxes on their individual revenue. The NFL League Office is classified as a trade organization. As a trade organization, the NFL League Office’s primary purpose is to “further the industry or profession it represents.

You can read more about it here:

6. Navyvet says:

Agree. Really dont give a rats ass about NFL (and less about NBA). I call NFL games a “commercial a thon”. But glad the snowflakes are taking one in the shorts. Oh wait, the snowflakes love taking “it” in the shorts.

• Terry says:

Navyvet…You couldn’t pay me to go to an NBA (or college) game today. Maybe 40 years ago I might.
      If I wanted to see apes hanging on rings I’d go to the zoo.
      But wouldn’t it be great if they started playing some Charlie Daniels pre-game !

7. Shar says:

Terry thanks for the info. Unfortunately the issue must be dead. If I remember correctly Tom Coburn is out of office due to return of cancer. I think he wrote a book about government waste. He was a good one. Most that are left are pathetic.