Rep. Trey Gowdy in the running to replace Comey at FBI?

Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) on President Trump’s firing of James Comey as FBI director and Comey’s potential successor.

From his lips to Trump’s ear.

I would love to see Trey Gowdy as FBI Director, for a thousand reasons.  First and foremost he gets the Constitution and why it was written.

22 Responses to Rep. Trey Gowdy in the running to replace Comey at FBI?

1. Wendy says:

I LOVE Trey Gowdy! He prosecutes all sorts of scumbags, and has never lost a case!!!

• upaces1945@gmail.com says:

He is soooo amazing. He is like the perverbial “dog with a bone”… he just never lets go!

2. skip says:

He would be a Kick Ass and then take names guy.

3. deacsdomain says:

Trey would definitely be the best for the top job but I don’t want to loose him as representing MY STATE of SC.

• Uriel says:

Lol deacs. I would sympathize but we definitely need someone of his caliber very few come to mind… sorry. They raise them tough and independent in your neck of the woods. I bet he has a few buddies.

• Hardnox says:

You need to learn to share. You can have him back in 10 years. 🙂

4. Fingers & Toes crossed for Mr Gowdy!!! From what i’ve seen & come to learn about this gent, he’s a good & perfect man for the job. All The Best To Him:-)
    Many Thanks Hardknox, have pinned article up on my wall:-)(https://penninerainbows.blog) Kindest from pennine:-)

5. vonMesser says:

Might be interesting.
    On the other hand – Gowdy is very valuable where he is. What about someone like Sheriff Clarke of Milwaukee?

• SafeSpace says:

vonM: IMHO Clarke enforces the Constitution. Gowdy lives and breathes it, word by word. That difference is critical when it comes to running the FBI.

• vonMesser says:

True, but Clark goes out (and carries a gun) into the streets, while Gowdy fights the battle at a higher and more sophisticated level. Sometimes the street guy with a gun is needed.

6. SafeSpace says:

‘Nox, I just read your article about the Left’s insane intolerance towards conservatives. The nomination of Mr. Gowdy — an arch conservative with a southern accent — will set off a shitstorm of epic proportions in Libtard-Land.

• malenurseken says:

Thats partly why we need him in safespace! Plus he is perfect for the job! Hopefully put an END to this Russian collusion investigation thig and lets get back to HITLARS EMAIL! Seems that has been forgotten! OH And what ever came of the WIRETAP investigation of Trump? During campaign! ?? You never hear anything about that anymore! Is investigation over? Why was HITLARS email investigation over aso soon when evidence WAS FOUND! CRIMINAL! OK GO TREY GOWDY

7. Shar says:

Rand Paul is asking for an investigation on him being spied on. I bet Trump and others will come out at some point. Th swamp is deep.

Gowdy wasn’t in the mix of those interviewed this weekend. McCabe must be just for show. His wife took a big campaign donation that was not disclosed. Snap….must have forgot to mention it.

8. captbogus2 says:

I think Gowdy would be much more effective as the main prosecutor in the DOJ….

9. malenurseken says:

I heard Chuck U has someone he wants to put in as nominee! FU CHUCK U

10. comcast536 says:

All the commenters have good points but I know of Trey Gowdy, and he has been the most visible to me. I have not seen the other candidates talking the find points of any case and and his whole life and platform has been the Constitution.
    vonMesser – I would have no problem with Sheriff Clark, but less face it, He’s out classed when it comes to this position. I also notice that while media mentions all of these other candidates, little is being said for Mr Gowdy. I also hope that the President can see the correlation (of not having a chance in a blue moon) and himself. Don’t let the political elite decide what will be best for this country. Go with what the people say and your own guts, that what got you elected, and that’s my perspective.

11. malenurseken says:

Lefties ALWAYS come up with new SHIT to hit media airways! Its sickening! Did you hear todays? Friday it was ICE CREAM!

12. comcast536 says:

I think he should follow through with his threat of discontinuing news briefs for maybe a week or two, just to see what media would have to complain about. As Judge Pirro has said “that’s never been done before”, I say so what, the media has never acted like they are now before. If there’s no show what will happen to leftis
    TV shows when they try to continue to bash the President. Of course he’ll have to
    stop his twitting for the same period, total media blitz.

• vonmesser says:

I think Trump should invite Weekly World News, National Enquirer, Globe, People, and a couple of others of that ilk to his press briefing and “forget” to let the others know.

13. malenurseken says:

Yes good idea Von! And I agree comcast! Seems twitting is only way he feels he can reach his supporters though! He wont quit! Fake media runs airway news!