More Winning: Haitian Immigration Down by 97%

From the Washington Times:

Sometime around November, word began to trickle back down the spine of Latin America: The U.S. was getting stricter about letting in Haitians at the border.

Not only had the Obama administration begun deporting Haitians after a six-year humanitarian pause, but President Trump also had just been elected, presaging an even tougher policy.

Many of those en route, such as the hundreds staged at migrant camps in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, figured they had gone that far and had little to lose by trying to finish the journey north.

But for the tens of thousands of Haitians in Brazil, Chile and elsewhere in South America who had been planning to journey north, the news was devastating. In a matter of weeks, the northward stream of people dried up.

It is one of the biggest among a plethora of success stories from the southwestern border, where illegal immigration appears to have nearly dried up in the two months since Mr. Trump took office.

Six months ago, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers manning the ports of entry were encountering more than 100 Haitians a day. By March, only weeks into Mr. Trump’s tenure, that had dropped to just 100 for the entire month — down a stunning 97 percent.

—oo—

Oh good.  Mind you this is just Haitians.  Legal immigrants, OK.  Illegal aliens, GTFO!!!!

9 Responses to More Winning: Haitian Immigration Down by 97%

1. Bullright says:

Funny how word travels down there so efficiently. ha ha The same ways word traveled that our borders were swiss cheese and there was little risk of being sent back. – for years.

• Hardnox says:

Funny that.

Funny how those communication lines are always malfunctioning when employment opportunities are advertised for legal residents.

2. JoAnn says:

LIKE THEY SAY NOW.. TRUMP IS THE WALL.. BUT I STILL WANT ONE IN PLACES IT IS NEEDED.. I GREW UP ON THE RIO GRANDE IN THE RIO GRANDE VALLEY IN TEXAS…OUR FAMILY HOME IS 10 MILES FROM THE BORDER.. AS A YOUNG GIRL (WAY BACK WHEN) I USED TO SWIM IN THE RIO GRAND, ONE DAY SOME FRIENDS AND ME DECIDED TO SEE IF WE COULD SWIM TO MEXICO.. HELL, HALF WAY ACROSS, A FREAKIN HELICOPTER WAS OVER US AND A BULLHORN YELLED AT US TO GET BACK TO OUR SIDE.. I CANT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE THEN AND NOW!!!

3. Shar says:

Do not deter from building the wall.

• Hardnox says:

Big, Tall, with a beautiful door… and a yuuuge lock.

• azjen says:

Yes, the YUUGE Lock & door, the big tall & beautiful wall along with sensors up & down the wall as well as in the ground. So these moles cannot dig under the wall. Knowing Trump, I bet he will have it well equipped to stop these illegal aliens from coming in to the S/W states. I live in AZ so I’m thrilled with the thought of a wall like was described.

• Hardnox says:

I hear ya. I’m thrilled and I’m in Virginia. 🙂

Meanwhile, meatstick Ryan says there are no funds for the wall. Sure.

4. Shar says:

Meatstick Ryan has an approval rating of 29%. Time to kick his ass out.