Heads Up – Winter storm watch in effect for northeast

36 Responses to Heads Up – Winter storm watch in effect for northeast

1. I.R. Wayright says:

Just brought in enough firewood to last through the storm and aftermath. Wow, finding some black birch is like finding gold in all that oak. Snow thrower is still on the front of the tractor and is ready to go.. Barrel full of gas in case the power goes off. Yes, I think we’re all set. Looks like the groundhog was right, eh?

2. clyde says:

Supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of global warming. We USED to call that ” a chance of snow flurries “.

• I.R. Wayright says:

A foot of snow used to be a nuisance snow. Now everybody panics if there are a few inches forecast. I worry most about other drivers. If you think you are going to get by with “All Season” tires, guess again. Don’t even leave home.

3. vonMesser says:

Thank Ghod for glow-bull warming. Otherwise this could be real bad.

• I.R. Wayright says:

What will be bad is if there are two more storms like this one lined up to hit the same area. It happened once here and I ended up with about three feet. I calculated the weight on my old chincy garage roof, and started shoveling right away. I think there was 78,ooo pounds on the two car garage.

4. The last 2 nites we’ve had -8 to -10 temps with wind chills near -30. A snowstorm is a welcome sight…lol

5. SafeSpace says:

North Georgia mountains: All the trees, forsythia, daffodils bloomed during the past two weeks of 65 degree days and 45 degree nights. Now we’re gonna get two nights below 20. There goes the 2017 fruit crop, when the blooms freeze. AlGore must be behind this somewhere, making a profit somehow.

6. malenurseken says:

Snowing and blowing here in north Dakota a CPl days already. Below zero wind chills

7. Popular Front says:

Hmmm, preaching to the converted here I know but in the ‘olden days’ we used to call this ‘weather’, didn’t we? I wonder how the Global Warmenistas will bullshit this one away.

8. Blessed B. says:

We’ve had a few days of snow now in Alberta….it’s supposed to warm up during the week…reaching a spring time high of 15C by Wednesday.

Stay safe and warm Easterners!

Hope those illegal migrants into Canada find out what walking through waist deep snow at -50C is really like! Think this just might slow them down some.

OH NO ! I’ll be sure and warn all of the bikini-clad young ladies here on spring break !! Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa….

10. malenurseken says:

Lol I can’t believe how media portrays this as a deadly storm. It’ll kill millions if they aren’t careful. Lmao this is a little storm. NO REASON TO CLOSE AIRPORTS OR SHUT CITIES DOWN! Lmao hahahaha. Damn global warming. hahahaha😂😂😂😅😅😅 I’m glad I got a barn full of hay!! Omg global warming must be here hahahaha

11. malenurseken says:

Its 10 degrees here. Ohhhhh said the wicked witch on wizard of oz. As she melted! Omg I hope gore and obumma can save us here. All this ice is SURE TO KILL US HERE WHEN IT MELTS TONIGHT.

• What is it about “global warming” that you don’t understand? Can’t you see those snowbanks melting away? They’ll be gone by May and we’ll all be doomed to endure a SUMMER…sheeesh! (sarc)

12. I.R. Wayright says:

I ended up with 20 “. Of snow…

13. Blessed B. says:

Newfoundland got hit pretty good! They had category 2 Hurricane winds ( 180 KM per hour) and lots of snow!

We had a wind warning in effect for today…but it never showed up!!