We Don’t Care Either

In the highly competitive restaurant industry, there are consequences to actions that detract from quality customer service, as 12 Oklahoma workers who failed to show up for work in support of the “Day Without Immigrants” protest found out the hard way. Not that the owner didn’t show a little compassion along the way.The restaurant workers, all Hispanic, were employed at the “I Don’t Care Bar and Grill” in Catoosa and were fired after participating in Thursday’s show of support for illegal immigrants..…fired courtesy of a text message.

The owner who suddenly found himself down 12 workers did show compassion for those who violated his zero tolerance policy on “no show, no call.”

View image on Twitter

More than other industries, customer satisfaction can be the difference between surviving and going under for restaurants, but the 12 now-former workers “feel like they’ve been unfairly terminated,” a friend translating for six of them told KTUL. Watch the whiny video HERE

“They’re upset they stood for something they felt was necessary so the community would stand together, and they got terminated for that,” the friend said.

Perhaps they should have taken a clue from the name of the restaurant. Or perhaps the owner could translate that for them. How about…

~Terry

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to We Don’t Care Either

1. deacsdomain says:

Restaurant owner has some balls!!
    He should be rewarded .

2. Uriel says:

That’s not the only company. I just saw a construction company lay off a dozen immigrants that took part in another video

What I would Really like to see are all the marchers being laid off as well in all these “peaceful” riots.

3. mzanghetti says:

I know where I will go to eat if I ever visit that town, do they sell T-shirts?

4. Popular Front says:

Quite right of him too. The deal is; You work for me and I pay you (well). You show up for your shift on time and ready to roll. If you don’t like the rules then bye-bye and I’ll find someone else who will.

What you do on YOUR time is your own concern; what you do on MY time is work for pay. Simple concept isn’t it?

5. These idiots just did their “former” employer the greatest favor for by protesting and staying out of work.
    They saved him thousands of dollars in fines and penalties, and, possibly, jail time, for hiring illegals. With no work, and as Trump has alluded to, no welfare, they have but one choice – GO HOME!

They did the same shit around here too. 60 got fired in DC. Hundreds of others in the DC metro area were also fired from what I have skimmed from the news.

What is not reported is if these protesters were legal or illegal. I suspect illegal for most if not all. That said, look how many jobs they are taking away from LEGAL AMERICANS.

7. clyde says:

Good. I would have done the same thing.

8. SafeSpace says:

I’m a fan of the owner of Casa Dice Restaurant, near my hometown of Pittsburgh. He has been putting up in-yer-face political signs for several years. Check this website, and enjoy: http://www.rense.com/general82/point.htm

9. vonMesser says:

Sounds fair to me. No show for work means you don’t want to work. In Washington state, termination for failing to show up for work means you do NOT qualify for unemployment.

10. Peppermint says:

Oh how sweet it is for these dunderheads to find out that you just don’t walk off on company time and march for some cause. We all know if we had walked off our jobs to protest something we’d be gone in a NY second.

11. Pingback: The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing – Br Andrew's Muses