Gotta give the American Left credit for original thinking, when it comes to inventing new problems to get exercised over. Now we have a call from an “artists’ collective” to remove black silhouette targets from gun ranges. According to these geniuses, using “menacing” black silhouettes for target practice “correlates” with the death of young black men in America. From Bizpacreview:
Now that you’ve stopped laughing and have caught your breath, consider this inconvenient fact. NINETY-THREE PERCENT of black homicide victims are killed by OTHER BLACKS. Following the reasoning of the “artists’ collective”, that means you’d just about never see a white person practicing at a target range. Sorry, but that is not the case. According to a January 2016 article about NRA membership, 60% of their membership is white; the other 40% is “mostly Asian and Hispanic”. A very small minority of the current membership is black. Kinda shoots a few holes in the thinking of that artists’ collective.
Not convinced yet? Still think there may be something to this theory? Well, let’s consider it from a different angle. How many criminals practice at gun ranges? Most black-on-black crime occurs in America’s inner cities. Those homicides are committed by gang-bangers, who get their practice by shooting at live black targets next door, not on ranges at black silhouettes. (For the record, on my last trips to the pistol range, the folks shooting on either side of me most assuredly did not have on baggy pants, huge gold pendants, and Air Jordans, and their vocabulary included mostly words that were not obscene.)
This story would be laughable if it weren’t so damned pathetic. Any asshat excuse will do to blame whitey for endemic violent crime in black American communities. The Left’s minds are made up; don’t bother them with facts.
— SafeSpace —