PJ Watson: The Truth About Depression

Why does popular culture glorify and fetishize depression?

It’s now a form of virtue signaling to constantly drone on about how depressed you are on social media.

How did being weak-minded and emotionally incontinent become a positive personality trait?

Nailed it.  Being a depressed douche is not a strength.  Neither is being a snowflake.

Funny how there are so few conservatives that suffer from depression.  The franchise is owned by leftards.  Coincidence?

Nah… I didn’t thinks so.

~ hardnox

7 Responses to PJ Watson: The Truth About Depression

1. clyde says:

I come from a family with a clinical depression background. I found hard work and having a sense of purpose cured it much better than ANY chemical compound. As did my father. This article is just the cold slap in face many need. As for about 63 million of us, 8/Nov 2016 was THE cure for our “depression “. Bwahahahaha

2. Felinity says:

For shame, PJ! Yes, you’re 100% right about the myriad millennial snowflakes who can’t handle reality – say, of a Trump election – and how they can’t stop broadcasting their overwhelming angst via social (disease) media. And yes, folks’ depressive states are indeed celebrated, coddled and glorified in this touchy-feely, Mother-Hen-media age.

However, such “depressions” are borne of transient, external circumstances and incidents – and are not so much true, pitch-black depression – yes, I’ve been there — as they are knee-jerk , cry-baby reactions to things not going the snowflakes’ way.

One huge dope slap, PJ, for nixing the reality of TRUE depression resulting from a chemical imbalance. IT IS…and as such is no different from OTHER bodily systems which suffer from chemical imbalances, thus requiring specific RXs to get them in good, healthy working order. And yes, while “hard work and having a sense of purpose” are tremendously helpful, they oft-times cannot reverse a chemical reality. And BTW, not all doctors over-Rx their patients into non-productive zombies…

Please separate the whining wheat from the truly-suffering, oft-discarded chaff…and read this concise piece on the subject of mental illness, courtesy of Ben Shapiro.

3. Uriel says:

Isn’t it interesting that those who find constructive ways to work through life’s little problems or disappointments tend to not need “meds”. Western culture have been sold a bill of goods on mild depression. If a pharmacy industry can “name” then they can make huge sums of money. We see it with nearly every function of a human. Having a bit of difficulty coping, take a pill. Have weight problem, take a pill. Feeling under the weather, we have a pill. When we grew and ate from our gardens or raised our own meat, we didn’t have nearly the problem. Now our food is full of chemicals not nutrients. Shelf life means adding chemicals. Beautifully shaped and colored foods, have to add chemicals. Air we breathe full of chemicals. Manipulation of weather and protect from solar, add chemicals. Need more, add chemicals. Manipulation of genetics, add chemicals. All the while humans are getting “diseases”, add chemicals. People are dying, add chemicals. Yet the pharma industry is getting richer and richer.
    In 2010, total medicine expenditure in the United States was approximately 316 billion U.S. dollars.

3rd quarter net earnings $2+B

4. Felinity says:

Forgot to mention how food additives and/or engineering play a HUGE role in impacting mental and physiological health…many thanks and blessings, Uriel! I sure read labels carefully and buy few processed foods!

5. vonMesser says:

There is depression. People can be depressed beyond their capability to handle it. THAT is where family and friends come in, not the pharmaceutical companies and pshrinkey-dinks. In the “old days” you were expected to pick yourself up (with the help of family and friends) and carry on, not sit at home and cry.

Yes, there were some who couldn’t – but for the most part we did.

I don’t know….I was pretty happy when I led a completely hedonistic lifestyle.
    At least that’s what I was told.

7. Blessed B. says:

I’ve been bitterly disappointed, had some dark times emotionally…..but have never resorted to taking drugs to fix it. My close friends rallied around me…kept me busy doing this or that with them…talked with me about the problem that was making me depressed and offered their shoulders and many Kleenex boxes for when I needed to cry for release.

It didn’t take long before I finally was strong enough on my own to stand up and say enough already….. I prefer to live in the sunshine and to be happy.

I have a couple of family members that seem to get depressed a lot over the smallest of set backs….. taking drugs is their preferred choice of remedy….though they never seem to work through the problem that started the depression……

A chemical imbalance is something though that is the exception….. this isn’t something you can just work hard and talk out to get rid of. Medication is the answer for this type of depression.