Dangers We Are Facing In The Last Days Of Obama’s Administration
Just read “Three Things You Need To Know About The 73 Days of Danger written by ACLJ. In that piece they mentioned the following:
The time between Election Day and Inauguration Day is always one of uncertainty in Washington, D.C. It is often marked with a decided uptick in displays of executive power (both legitimate and illegitimate). But this election cycle is shaping up to be particularly problematic in this regard. The 73 days between November 8, 2016 and January 20, 2017 present a unique opportunity for political mischief, and there are three main reasons for it:
“First – Maybe most obvious, any time a President is nearing the end of the second term, there is a natural tendency to focus on “accomplishing” as much as possible in the final days of their Administration – with the focus on their legacy. Once Election Day has passed, there is little to no political price for the President’s party to pay as a result of actions taken in the waning days of the Administration, and thus the President is emboldened. Also, because the outgoing President is ineligible for reelection, he is unencumbered from personal campaign duties and it is only natural that a large majority of his attention is focused on the last several weeks of the term.
Second – The upcoming 73 days will include a lame duck session of Congress, complete with a full-fledged appropriations debate. When Congress returns to Washington, D.C. after the elections, it will be focused on approving federal spending levels beyond the current expiration on December 9, 2016. This is a contentious endeavor under the best of circumstances, but in this case Congress will not only be acting under the influence of both an outgoing and an incoming President, but will also be doing so with a great number of Senators and Representatives serving in their final days of Congress.
Third – Likely most critically, the upcoming 73 days will occur at the end of eight years dominated by troubling usage of executive power. To give you just a few examples, the Obama Administration has used executive action to usurp Congress’s constitutional authority over immigration policy, bypass the Senate’s advise and consent role, and mandate religious employers violate their conscience.”
Those are at the heart of the matter but then I started considering other critical issues that in these short days have been happening and could create a massive headache and threaten national interests and security. I am certain more exist.
1) Iranian aggression efforts to undermine US efforts on the sea and in the air.
2) Russian counter aggression in the Middle East and testing of power elsewhere specifically Europe and Ukraine.
3) UNESCO adoption of an anti-Israel resolution Thursday that disregards Judaism’s historic connection to the Temple Mount and casts doubt on the link between Judaism and the Western Wall. The resolution says that the Temple Mount is sacred only to Muslims, and it accuses Israel of being “the occupying Power”. (Eighty to 85 percent of Jews turn out to vote in national elections—more than 20 percent higher than the national average during the 2012 presidential election. More than one million eligible Jewish voters also live in 11 battleground states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin per Silver Doctors.)
4) Netanyahu and Kerry in high pressure talks to prevent any shift in current policy against Israel according to Mondoweiss. In addition, there is the push and pressure to shame/force Obama to cave into the Arab position of reducing Israeli power and rights.
4) Opening the dam to bring in as many refugees and illegal aliens as possible either with or without transparency.
5) Release of hundreds possible thousands of inmates in prisons around the country – carefully vetted or not. He has already moved out hundreds to date. Some of whom allegedly have gone back to their old ways if blogs are correct.
6) Close Guantanamo prison. This is well on its way so even now we are barely in double digits of those left to be released.
7) Gathering genetic DNA on Americans in the effort to fight cancer and develop more personalized cancer treatment.
8) The WAVES Initiative UN Partnership- Set in motion in 2010 and continuing far past the end of Obama’s term. (a genuinely worthwhile initiative that is also deeply flawed and showcases the administration’s struggle to reconcile its stated commitment to openness with government’s typical propensity for secrecy. It’s also useful to look at because Obama aides point to the WAVES disclosure as something his successor won’t be able to roll back without courting controversy.) Yahoo News
9) Housekeeping – The hiding, deleting or “disinformation” of records during Obama’s terms. Defining and removing any “personal” information that he determines should not be included in governmental records under executive privilege including private donation meetings, fundraisers for DNC, and “personal” visits at the White House.
10) The transference of millions of dollars to prop up an ailing and nearly dead Obamacare program.
11) Continued transfer of power in the oversight of Internet and constitutional rights like freedom of speech, religion, gun laws, etc.
12) Completion of executive branch agencies stances on rules of law and their power to make law regardless of congressional actions.
13) Executive orders that inhibit, change, or totally disregard constitution that may be irreversible without a majority of congressional approval especially in acts of war or incursions.
14) Encouraging Cuban relations while avoiding China, Russia, or North Korean aggression.
15) Approving or accepting United Nations resolutions affecting our country without congressional approval that bind our country and may be irreversible without extreme measures.
As you can see, my list is quite a bit longer. All in all considering the lawlessness of this president throughout his term in office, along with the abject inability or abrogation of constitutional power of this congress, any number of extreme possibilities can be considered still viable dangers.
Hang on to your tempers. Fight the fight at hand, namely elections. It is going to be a long time between now and January 20, 2017 folks.