The “Grunt for Red October” Election Report from Coastal Virginia

Gruntington Post [Hampton, VA] – With about a month to go in the most important Presidential election of our lifetimes, the polls and electoral college tallies look very close, indeed.  The race between the presumptive First Hag, Hillary Clinton, and her intrepid challenger, Donaldus Maximus Trumpus is still far too close to predict the outcome.

T1.jpg

Of course, you wouldn’t know it where I live, in Non-Denver, Colorado, where folks are mostly conservative, anyway, and Hillary bumper stickers mostly say “Put Hillary in the Top Spot, On Death Row, 2016.”  But this week I’m working in coastal Virginia, which is also a key ‘battleground’ state that was originally predicted to go easily for Hillary.  Not so much anymore.

t5

In fact, both states are considered very much up for grabs at the moment.  In that light, I thought I would do a little walkabout around here, in the Chesapeake Tidewater area, to see how folks are feeling about this election on a sunny Saturday, October 1st.  I’m sure there are many Hillary supporters around here, but it’s hard to recognize them, because none of them seem to want to identify themselves with yard signs or bumper stickers.

T4.jpg

In fact, I’m now seeing entire blocks enthusiastically proclaiming love for Trump, including shopping centers and many local businesses where the proprietors have put the big blue Trump signs right out front of their businesses.

T3.jpg

Gee, I remember in past close elections, many people willing to resist their neighbors by proudly putting up Al Gore campaign signs or Obama/Biden 2012 signs to combat the Bush dynasty.  Hmmmm.  What could be going on here?

t2

Where can all those Hillary signs be hiding?

bib2

Maybe we’re looking in the wrong places?

img_5390

About GruntOfMonteCristo

The Grunt of Monte Cristo is just an average guy who loves God and values Truth and Common Sense.

11 Responses to The “Grunt for Red October” Election Report from Coastal Virginia

1. S.Lynn says:

I was just in Crescent City, CA and thought the signage was 50/50 equally split. That’s northern California for ya. Ruled by liberals, pockets of conservatives.

• GruntOfMonteCristo says:

Really? I have yet to see more than a token Hillary yard sign. I still see way more old Obama/Biden2012 bumper stickers than Hillary ones.

2. upaces88 says:

Here is what a Real Poll looks like in America. Please take the Time to Read.. A Total of 50,000 people Polled in 50 States….
    PG Farnsworth We have just completed our own poll since we cannot get factual information from the mainstream media!! We called 1000 homes in each of the 50 states and asked basic questions on the economy, terrorism, immigration and presidential pick.
    Economy was the number one factor that Americans are concerned about and terrorism was number two.
    Presidential pick was Trump by a large percentage.
    Trump 33478 votes 67� Clinton 9788 Votes 19� Undecided or other 6739 votes 13� My friends and I are all Graduate students from all walks of life we meet to discuss stuff. 13 people who like and have served in the Military. It took us most of two weeks to be sure our calls were to all people and not just one party or an other we called Americans.. our poll is by taking registered voter lists and we accumulated 33�epub, 33�ems and 34�nd.. our poll consisted of 1000 calls per state. all 50 states. 50,000 people are in this poll not the 100 like other polls.
    Please everyone copy and paste to your status so everyone knows that the other polls are rigged!
    Studio Manager/Art Director at MCA Advertising ( Marketing Corporation of America

3. Pingback: HN&F | The “Grunt for Red October” Election Report from Coastal Virginia |

4. BangZoom! says:

I drive 24 miles across the southern NH border to work and I observe Trump signs outnumbering Clinton signs by a ratio of about 10:1. In the primary there was a 10% greater turnout for republicans.
    Yet the latest NH poll from WBUR (NPR) has the hag up by 7% in NH.
    This just does not add up.

• Just looking at the degree to which polling is a judgment call on the number crunching, and the vast motivation for bias this time around, I have to conclude the polls are just lies at this point.

5. I.R. Wayright says:

During my 185 mile travel across NY and PA today I saw not one Hillary yard sign or bumper sticker. A fair number of trump signs though. Plus some “Repeal the SAFE Act and Impeach Governor Cuomo” signs. The Safe Act was liberal nitwit New York’s legislative response to the Sandy Hook shootings. Folks outside the Big Apple don’t appreciate big brother stepping on their second amendment toes.

6. Jack Holley says:

But how do we stop the corupution at the poles lots of iligals voting

Good post bro.

As I travel around Virginia it is RARE that I see a Hillary sign or bumper sticker. I do however see a lot of Trump signs. Ditto with Maryland.

The Washing DC metro area is another story. Many there are federal workers and the mix seems to be 50-50. Even still, it’s a surprise. I wonder how many secret Trump voters are in hiding.