Newt’s Take on the Debate

On Hannity last night.

I hope Newt is right.  All of us that support Trump were waiting for the kill shot and then Hillary stroking out.  🙂

I thought Trump missed a number of opportunities like going after the emails, the criminality of the Clinton Foundation, Egypt and Libya, and the shitty economy.

Trump was not clear about the birther issue.  He got lost in the weeds on that one.  I don’t think he made the case clearly that it was team Hillary that raised the issue in the first place.

It’s easy to be an armchair quarterback but it was clearly a debate between Trump and Hillary/Holt and I think most fair minded people saw that.  In the end, I thought Trump looked pretty good and she looked as slippery as ever.

Do I think some undecided voters changed their minds?  Maybe.  Trump repeatedly tagged her for being in government for 30 years and being partly responsible for the shitty trade deals and foreign policy decisions.

I think Trump showed incredible restraint.  He could have easily clobbered her in his typical style but chose not to.

What do you think?

14 Responses to Newt’s Take on the Debate

1. upaces88 says:

I’m with him, I don’t think I could have had the restraint.

2. W Barna says:

I am 100% Trump….. always have been and always will be. One 90-minute role-play does not a President make. Do I wish he’d let some of the “personal/company” slurs pass?….yes. Do I wish that Trump “toughness” would prevail and keep his wits a little better?……yes. Could I do any better when staring at the smirking face of pure corruption and listening to her polished lies being assisted by the “unbiased” moderator?……absolutely not. Trump is my MAN, warts and all, and THE last hope for our America.

3. Zilla says:

I was frustrated that Donald had to face a tag team with the clot and the hack Holt, but I think he’s saving the best for closer to election day and an audience that isn’t muzzled.

4. BangZoom! says:

First I think statistically close to 0% of people were genuinely undecided going in to this “debate.” The differences between the candidates are too stark. This isn’t a uniparty Jeb or Kasich vs Mrs Clinton debate where there really are many undecideds.
    Trump only had to show he wasn’t the crazy mad man they painted him out to be. On this he succeeded.
    Hillary was doctored up to look healthy for 90 minutes but her eyes gave away the fact she isn’t. Her fake smile and forced laughing fluctuated between smug and creepy.
    If it were a HS debate Mrs Clinton would have won on points. But her points were the same old lame liberal talking points rehashed.
    Every poll I have looked at has him “winning” the debate.
    He also had the most memorable line,” If you have all these great ideas how come you haven’t implemented them the last 30 years you’ve been in power?”

• Hardnox says:

Supposedly, 20% of the electorate don’t tune in until the debates. I don’t know if it’s accurate but it seems reasonable.

I agree with your assesment. The opinion polls reflect that Trump won this BIGLEY. Apparently more people are paying attention than anyone could forecast.

• vonmesser says:

I did not watch the debates, and neither did about 350 other people (many from my church who are 99% conservative). We went to a dinner and motivational speaker on the sanctity of life (Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers) instead.

• Uriel says:

Great comments.

5. GunnyG says:

IMHO Trump did the right thing. The Clot was ready to go full victim status if Trump beat up on a poor old woman. He didn’t take the bait and looked very Presidential doing that.

6. Uriel says:

I think he will bring out issues but like fighters in a ring first they dance to get an idea before boxing. What some missed was the interplay between Trump and commentator. He pushed back a few times just enough to show the audience how biased the debate was without skewering like he has done before. He needed to show he could remain calm and for the most part he did. He did get off tack at least a couple of times. I do expect from here on out If he wants to keep his followers engaged, he will have to go in blasting. Hopefully ONLY on issues including security and emails or donors. I Think he hopes supporters will do the snarky push back themselves on social media. I for one think that is the better way to go.

7. myfoxmystere says:

I sent a number of tweets to him and his team, reminding him to stay focused and not fall into Hillary’s trap. You can find me on Twitter as I use the same handle I use here on my WordPress blogs. I’m sure a huge number of people have emailed Trump and used social media to remind him to keep his cool, which he did. There are many people who are on prayer teams, praying that the prophecy retired fireman Mark Taylor had in 2011 about Donald Trump comes true. The way it’s looking, it’s coming true, and every liberal voting for Hillary is voting in fear. Trump definitely kept his cool, thanks to God who helped him stay calm. I know Trump deliberately held off his strategic blows to save them for the kill. It reminds me of the final scenes of Karate Kid, where Daniel is holding off using the crane, the strategic move Mr. Miyagi taught him to win the battle. Daniel led his opponent on, took some nasty blows, then at the moment it looked grim, he gave the enemy the crane and knocked him over like a blitzkrieg.

I look forward to watching Timi the Dhimmi getting “Kained” by Mike Pence in the next round. Timi won’t be sixpence none the richer; he’ll be sixpence way the poorer when Mike gives him the beatdown, making Timi look like his bobsy twin Dr. Howard Dean.

After the political Kaineing, it’ll be fun watching Hildebeest turning green with envy, spewing out barbs of hate and shooting herself in the foot before Donald delivers the crane to her face.

• Terry says:

I’d say Trump is using a combo of “The Crane” and Ali’s “Rope-A-Dope”.
      He must be getting his training stamina from all of that coke he does.