It’s so dangerous to be a black American, I’ve sought asylum in Canada

From: theguardian.com,  by Kyle Lydell Canty,  on Nov 11, 2015,  see the article HERE.

“The United States has always been a terrible country to live in. I have no intention of going back.”

Kyle Canty - asylum in Canada

Black people or people of African descent living in the United States should consider seeking asylum in other countries. That’s what I did. On 24 September, I applied for asylum in Canada. We were brought to America as slaves, and the country hasn’t changed its ways at all since then.

Throughout my life, police departments have harassed me and made me fear for my life – this is something many other people of color will have experienced too.

If you’re black in the US you will always have to go through persecution and discrimination at some point in your life. Black Americans are killed in large numbers by the police, regularly denied the same education and access to housing as white Americans and face hurdles when trying to vote. All these forms of discrimination are racist – yet they continue nonetheless.

I have been studying law for much time on my own, so it didn’t take very long for me to inform myself about the process of applying for asylum. The internet has become very powerful, and everything that I needed was just a click away.

The resources that I used included the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, along with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Handbook and the Refugee and Immigration Protection Act of Canada.

In my dossier, in which I built a case for my application, I included 18 exhibits describing the conditions of my country from a human rights perspective. All of the exhibits deal with racial disparities and police brutality and come from credible sources, such as the United Nations.

On the day I left the United States for what I hoped would be the last time, I took a combination of trains and buses from Salem, Oregon, until I reached the Canadian border. I passed through customs and border patrol with a valid United States passport, and they allowed me to come into the country.

In Vancouver, at the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, I handed in my asylum application, which is now under consideration. I had my first a hearing at the immigration court on 23 September 2015. The judge didn’t give me any specific time or day that he would make his decision. But, given the legal package I put together, I think he is going to have a hard time just flat out rejecting my asylum claim.

If I receive a negative decision of my asylum application, I’m already 10 moves ahead as far as my appeal process goes. I have a plan, and I’m going to follow it. The United States has always been a terrible country to live in. The United States government is always murdering, undermining and underestimating its black citizens – and I have no intention of going back.

America is not the best country in the world – nor was it ever in the past. The only people who can claim it is are individuals who don’t understand the true meaning of life, love and happiness.

++++++++++

“The country hasn’t changed its ways at all since slavery.” Wow. What a profound statement. Any by someone who has “educated himself on black history,” no less.

At the risk of sounding racist, I’d encourage all black folks who think as Mr. Canty does, to do exactly as he did – leave – the sooner the better.

I’d rather that you not immigrate to Canada as I wouldn’t wish others (like you) with similar beliefs on our Canadian neighbors, but please leave. Go somewhere, anywhere, and allow your more level-headed brothers (like Ban Carson) to remain here and contribute to our society.

Frankly, if I’d known that you were planning to leave, I would have considered contributing to your transportation fund. Many of us “racist” whites would be pleased to see a lot of you black racists pick up and leave for your “racial Utopia.” Since the U.S. is such a “terrible country” I don’t know why you stayed this long? Don’t forget to renounce your U.S. citizenship so you can’t come back.

It’s a damn shame that an intellectual genius like yourself has turned your back on your native country, what will we possibly do now that you’re gone? How will we replace the loss of your 60-70 IQ points. Will NASA be short-handed? Will a cure for cancer be pushed back? Or, more likely, police will have more time for community service now that they aren’t harassing you so much.

I can’t say that I’m sorry to see you go, I just wish you could have taken those 30 or so striking Missouri football players and Reverends Sharpton and Wright with you. They don’t appreciate the United States either.

Garnet92.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to It’s so dangerous to be a black American, I’ve sought asylum in Canada

1. I.R. Wayright says:

Garnet, you left out the number one race baiter. B. Obama.
    Can we ship him (and his America hating clan) North?

• Garnet92 says:

Can’t argue with that, I.R. I’ve said many times that race relations have plummeted since Obama’s election. He has actively promoted black resentment and rebellion. He’s done NOTHING to “bring the races together” and has only widened the gulf. I think that a lot of people voted for him thinking that he would end racial problems, but he’s only made them worse – a LOT worse.

• Blessed B. says:

Hey…don’t send the a**holes here! We have enough flippin idiots of our own!

2. carolinmd says:

I could not agree more with your assessment of this spoiled brat who believes he deserves so much more because he’s black…I’m sure his examples of the evils of America will impress the Canadian government, who are fools to provide for this social leech who doesn’t want to live in a cheaper city so he’s already on the Canadian dole…
    If this is what Canada is striving for when they allow vagrants to make such claims of their worthiness and the evils they suffered under the American government, who is in their most lenient period of governing history, they are welcome to him and all his friends.
    Picking such role models as Michael Brown, Freddie Gray and Traviar Martin says it all about his character as well as the intelligence of this misguided young man…Too bad he never met Ben Carson, he might have channeled his energy or lack of it into the formation of a valuable human being.

• Garnet92 says:

I think that the old saying, “better to remain silent and be thought the fool, than open one’s mouth and remove any doubt,” applies here.

He has brainwashed himself by reading and apparently absorbing without question the racist crap spouted by his idols. If you go to the links he provided, it’ll remove any doubt of his indoctrination. That propaganda is what convinced him that he was a victim of every kind of racism ever created.

And he’s “studying law on his own,” good luck with that! He ought to have applied to Haaavard Law School on an affirmative action status, he no doubt would have been accepted and graduated with honors (just look at Barack U. Obama). Instead, he’ll “home-school” himself in the complexities of the law and be prepared to argue his case before Canadian judges – again, good luck with that.

• Blessed B. says:

I don’t think he’ll be able to get in easy.

As for getting Social assistance….http://ccrweb.ca/en/refugees-and-income-assistance-rebutting-chain-email-pensioners-myth

Quote~

Refugees come to Canada in different ways, but no matter the category, refugees receive very limited income assistance from the government.

The true picture is that:

•Refugee claimants and refugees recognized by the Immigration and Refugee Board receive no special income assistance. They may, depending on provincial regulations, be entitled, like other residents, to social assistance.

•Privately sponsored refugees are not entitled to government assistance (including provincial assistance) during the period of their sponsorship (usually for one year after arrival in Canada). Their income support must be provided by their sponsors.

•Government assisted refugees have access to financial assistance from the federal government through the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP). This financial assistance is generally for one year maximum and is received only if they do not have their own financial resources or income. The exact rate depends on the size of the family and is tied to social assistance rates.

In Ontario in July 2013, for example, a single person receives $781 per month. In addition, government-assisted refugees are entitled to a one-time set up allowance, to cover such things as clothes, basic household effects and staples, and telephone installation. For a single person there is a maximum one-time allowance of $905, plus a $564 loan for house rental and telephone line deposits.

Most resettled refugees arrive in Canada with a significant debt burden, since they are expected to repay the Canadian government for their transportation to Canada as well as the cost of their medical examination undertaken as part of their processing to come to Canada. Refugee families therefore often begin life in Canada with a debt running to thousands of dollars. Interest is charged on this loan at a rate set by the Department of Finance each year.~~

And…..The level of monthly financial support is generally based on the prevailing provincial social assistance rates in the province where the refugees settle. Financial support can last up to one year after a refugee arrives in Canada, or until they can support themselves, whichever occurs first.

So…..he will have to look for a job and he can’t turn one down that is offered or he will be taken off social assistance. British Columbia doesn’t give out big monthly cheques either for social assistance! I know of a single woman who only gets about $600.00 dollars….half of that goes for rent alone! She has to go to the local food bank to pick up a box of food that is to last her the month!…. so, this eejit can’t be raking in thousands of dollars! Our system for welfare doesn’t work like it does in America!

If he thinks that Canada doesn’t have racists here…he’s very stupid! Hope he goes to Ontario…. then he’ll find out just how many there are…..not necessarily because of his skin color…..but because he ran away from the USA!

Wow, this guy’s a piece of work, isn’t he? His words and attitude make it obvious that he grew up in a home filled with resentment and racism. Also reflected in his writing is that he is of course blameless in this situation. He wanted to work but they won’t give him a permit. Not his fault.

Canada isn’t all that different from the US and it’s not the utopia he thinks it is. Someday he’ll wake up and realize all he changed was the geography.

• Garnet92 says:

While that’s true, Kathy, he’ll never admit that his decision was wrong. That’s one of the tenets of Black Liberation Theology. The white oppressors are always wrong and the oppressed black innocents must always take that perspective, thus, even if he genuinely regrets his decision later, he can never admit it was wrong. And Reverend Wright will back him up.

• Blessed B. says:

Yep Kathy…that is all he changed!

Loved the part about “If I receive a negative decision of my asylum application, I’m already 10 moves ahead as far as my appeal process goes. I have a plan, and I’m going to follow it.”…… guess he thinks he knows how to con the government to letting him stay……

4. BrianR says:

“One exhibit, for example, is an article from PBS Newshour about a scathing United Nations report …”

So, let me see if I have this right. This mental giant, who has “been studying law for much time on (his) own”, thinks the evidentiary value of an article about a report is better than the actual report itself.

If that’s indicative of the quality of his amnesty application, I think he should brace himself for a big disappointment when the judge hands down his decision.

What a chucklehead.

• Garnet92 says:

I hope you’re right, Brian. Our Canadian neighbors deserve better. It says a lot about his cognitive abilities that he relies on anything the UN says as being truthful. But then, the UN is basically a support group for anarchists anyway, so I guess it fits.

What if his idea catches on, and hundreds, nay thousands of uneducated and ignorant blacks surge North across the border. Will Canada build a wall? Will Trudeau issue Executive Orders making them citizens?

Stay tuned while the plot thickens …

• Blessed B. says:

We’ll build the wall only if we can shoot anything that tries to crawl over from the South side! LOL!

Mein Fuhrer turd-boy will allow them in…no problem cuz they are just another misunderstood group!…..and they will vote for him in the 2019 election!

BTW…is it just me or does this eejit look like a muslim?

• Blessed B. says:

BTW Garnet….. turd-boy doesn’t need to do an executive order….he has a majority government and they will just vote for it! There is nothing that the NDP or the Conservatives can do about it….even if all them vote NO…they are still outnumbered!

5. vonMesser says:

How about he goes to wherever his ancestors came from? That way he can extol upon thgem the glories of his A-freaking heritage.

• Garnet92 says:

You’d think that Africa would be his homeland of choice, but maybe he’ll just loiter about in Canada, saving up his welfare, until he has sufficient funds to return to his Utopia in Africa. Only he’ll be ostracized there because he’s not black enough.

• Blessed B. says:

Garnet…..

He won’t be able to save anything on his social assistance…..they don’t get enough to do so. Canadian welfare isn’t the same as the American version…..the amount you get depends on your needs. There is only a certain amount one can get for housing for one person….he can’t live in a four bedroom house if it’s only him living there, and if he gets a roommate…..his welfare cheque will be docked for half of the rental payment.

Social assistance workers come by every so often and also do checks on whether you are living in the home at the address you say you are….if he tries hiding the fact that he has a room mate and they find out…..he can say good-bye to ever getting assistance again….and he will have to payback what he actually received.

Wonderful response, Garnet.

This brat says: “Throughout my life, police departments have harassed me and made me fear for my life.”

If the police have harassed you, dear brat, it’s because crime is a way of life for so many of your black brothers, so why don’t you direct your anger at them if you’re such an innocent victim? Blacks commit murder at a rate 7 times higher than whites, robbery at 8 times higher, rape at 3-4 times higher and hate crimes at twice the rate of whites. FBI stats show that “Of the 509 officers feloniously killed in the past 10 years, 46 percent of the perpetrators were black, despite their representing only 13 percent of the population.”

Perhaps if that reality were to change you would be less likely to be the focus of attention from cops; but of course it’s easier to pick on cops than to hold your own brothers accountable, and your type always does what’s easy.

Naturally this loser-whiner is on the taxpayer teat in Canada. I could have told you that before I read it, and I’m not psychic. If Canadians don’t do their homework and they agree to keep this trouble-making, free-loading, evil spawn of American liberalism, then they will get what they deserve. If they’re smart they’ll kick his ignorant butt out asap.

7. Garnet92 says:

Thanks CW!

Isn’t it convenient that complaining blacks NEVER mention the rate at which their peers commit crimes? They act as if the color of their skin is the only reason for increased attention from police.

If blacks only committed a small percentage of crimes, they’d be ignored by police – and with good reason. As it is, we should be doing more profiling, not less, and watching with heightened interest anyone or group that is responsible for the greatest percent of crime – blacks – that’s only logical.

I’d love to see his rap sheet. I’ll bet that he has one.

I do hope that he renounces his U.S. citizenship before Canada kicks him out, and that President Ted Cruz follows through with his promise to not accept anyone back into the country if they have renounced their citizenship. I’d love to see him become a “freeloader without a country.”

• Blessed B. says:

If he does have a rap sheet he won’t be allowed into Canada and will sent back to the USA!

Turd-boy hasn’t gotten around to changing that quite yet!

BTW… I have read that if you don’t denounce your US citizenship and actually start work in Canada…the IRS will be sending a bill for taxes that you owe them! So…he’ll pay Canadian taxes and American!

8. gunnyginalaska says:

GOOD! Stay there buttwipe. One less welfare leech.

It sure is hard to wrap one’s head around such stupid shit. Notice the “oppressed” asshat got on public assistance immediately.

Funny how this victim who considers himself so intelligent can’t manage to realize that blacks have been played by the left in the USA and THAT is the root of the so-called problem.

Further, he ignores the fact that over 95% of black murders are committed by other blacks. Maybe he is secretly afraid of other blacks but afraid to say it aloud and thus moved to Canada where it is mostly lilly white.

• Blessed B. says:

He got on assistance because he didn’t have anything to live on when he got here….they do that for everyone in that position.
      Wonder if he knows that he’ll probably have to pay it back when he finally gets a job? If he quits his job or If he gets fired before he can collect UI….he will have a tough time getting assistance again. If he refuses a job while on assistance…..they’ll cut him off…….

BTW…we have lots of blacks in Canada…from coast to coast. Mostly though in Ontario….. they aren’t given special treatment though due to the color of their skin.