In the last of our 3-part series we take a look at what our kids are doing in classrooms across America.
What’s happening in our classrooms?
Only four states have not adopted Common Core into their curriculum. States highlighted in green have adopted the Common Core Standards, while states highlighted in blue only adopted the Common Core Standards for English language arts.
In Volusia County, Florida, Hamas-CAIR is on the offensive. The textbook “World History” dedicates very little to Christianity or Judaism yet it contains a 32-page chapter fondly devoted to “Muslim Civilizations.” Sections include descriptions of the Koran, the growth of the Muslim empire and the Five Pillars of Islam.
Hamas-CAIR’s response to parental protests:
“This group is holding a protest and rally to oppose the teaching of the historical and basic Pillars of Islam to students in Volusia County. [It] is displaying an alarming level of intolerance and brazen disregard of minority religions. We find their actions un-American and against every core principal that makes this country so great.”
The $632 billion the federal government spends each year on public school “education” is being wasted on violating the First Amendment, by the federal government instituting a religion through the teaching of Islam in public schools.
Kids in 2014-15 who are in Common Core schools are:
• Participating in public school-sponsored trips to mosques via taxpayer expense, girls must wear head scarves (Colorado parents complain)
• Debating whether or not the Holocaust was “merely a political scheme created to influence public emotion and gain,” (an eighth-grade assignment defended by the Rialto Unified School District, Los Angeles)
• Pledging allegiance in Arabic (New York)
• Observing two “Muslim holy days,” (New York City)
• Being taught Islamic vocabulary lessons (North Carolina)
• Being taught Islamic culture (Tennessee)
• Being taught world history from Islamic perspective (Florida) that includes learning about the five pillars of Islam (Maryland father, a Marine Corps veteran, complains and is banned from school grounds)
What parents must do
In order to end Common Core and eliminate the Islamic indoctrination being taught in public schools, parents must demand:
- Their state school board members be investigated and/or fired and replaced.
- Their state legislature and governor reject “Race to the top” federal funds and implement legislation or reverse its state education department’s implementation of Common Core in their state, and at a minimum, in the interim.
- Their child not participate in state testing.
Although impossible, or at the very least a hardship for some households, parents can also take their children out of public schools altogether.
Parental rights are guaranteed by the 14th Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that parents possess the fundamental right to direct the upbringing and education of their children. The court has declared that “the child is not the mere creature of the State: those who nurture him and direct his destiny have the right coupled with the high duty to recognize and prepare him for additional obligations” (Pierce v. Society of Sisters, 268 U.S. 510, 534-35). The Supreme Court criticized the Nebraska state legislature for attempting to interfere “with the power of parents to control the education of their own” (Meyer v. Nebraska, 262 U.S. 390, 402). And ruled a parent’s right to raise his/her children means a parent is protected from unreasonable state interferences, one of the unwritten “liberties” protected by the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment (Meyer v. Nebraska, 262 U.S. 399).”
Did our Founders fight the British and then design a near perfect government only to have it turn into another muslim conquest? I hardly think so!
If it’s okay with you for your kids and grandkids to learn this, then do nothing; if you don’t want our children learning this, then it’s time to speak up. We can no longer be polite or politically correct – not if we intend to save our kids and thereby our country.