Trump Turned Lemons into Lemonade

From Conservative Refocus:

After the Gawker website published Donald Trump’s phone number as retribution for giving out Lindsey Graham’s number, Trump yet again, found a way to turn lemons into lemonade.

Trump, in response, actually turned his cell phone voicemail message into a campaign message for the thousands who called his number.

Trump’s nimble response seemed to once again hammer down the fact that Trump knows how to win, which is a thing sorely needed in Obama’s increasingly dystopian America.

“Hi, this is Donald Trump and I’m running for the presidency of the United States of America,” Trump says in the greeting. “With your help and support, together, we can make America truly great again. Visit me on Twitter at @realdonaldtrump and check out my campaign website at www.donaldtrump.com. Hope to see you on the campaign trail. We’re going to do it.”

~~~~~~~~~

That was a shrewd move. Gawker thought they were going to outsmart Donald Trump? Ha! Although I’m still not all in for Trump, he is definitely on his game and keeping things lively.

Trump – 1  Gawker – 0

~Kathy

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Trump Turned Lemons into Lemonade

1. vonmesser says:

Trump is smart. Kind of wish I liked him more.

• Kathy says:

Much will depend on how he does in the debates. He’s already admitted he’s not good at debates and I have a feeling he’s going to get clobbered and he’ll start to fizzle after that.

2. BrianR says:

Well, I think we all know what I think of Trump. He’s a pox on the body politic.

Here’s some polling data:

Trump loses to Hillary worse than any other potential GOP candidate.

More:

Apparently Thomas Sowell agrees with me:

• Kathy says:

If Trump is drowning out the other candidates, then it’s time for them to speak louder. It doesn’t really matter right now anyway, because in the end the RNC will pick who we want for president and it won’t be Trump or a real conservative.

• BrianR says:

I understand what you’re saying, Kathy, but are you suggesting it’s a good thing if the GOP nomination process turns into a clown-act screaming match?

All that does is make the Dems look like THEY’RE the adults in the room. That was one of the big points of my blog essay. Trump even makes Crazy Uncle Joe Biden look statesmanlike by comparison. How is that a good thing?

• Buck says:

17 Candidates and it’s NOT a clown-act screaming match? The boat’s sinking and 15 are griping about how two are pumping water…

• Kathy says:

If Trump really wants to be taken seriously, he won’t let it turn into a screaming match. Like I said earlier, the debates will tell us a lot. Personally I think it’s high time someone shook up the whole scene. Without him it’s the same old routine and I thought that’s what we wanted to change.

The Rs have been stagnant far too long and the Ds will use whatever they want as tools. If not Trump, then something else.

I’ll have to disagree with you on him making Biden look statesmanlike, even Trump isn’t that bad.

• vonmesser says:

But I think the media is gonna encourage him because while numerous polls show that Hillary can beat Trump, there are some showing Walker and Cruz (either one) could beat her..

• Kathy says:

I don’t put a lot of stock in polls, especially this early. I don’t know if he’ll last or not, but I loved that the phone gimmick backfired on Gawker.

3. Emilia says:

Just throwing a thought out for you all. I have often been tempted to LIE on the rare occasions I have received a poll call. Is it possible that others DO lie? How does anyone know for sure that the “likely Republican voter” really IS a Republican. Will Dems vote Republican in a primary to give us the worst choice in order to further their own candidate? Thoughts or comments?

• Uriel says:

Emilia. I would think more than 25% are definitely lying 40% are simply answering quickly just to take part. Only 10-20% are truly informed and know their minds are made up not on person but issue. The rest who knows doubt even they do.