Perry vs Trump

In case you missed this:

Perry makes a few good points.

Your thoughts?

Full disclaimer: I am a Perry fan but honestly haven’t heard much from him claiming what he would do to fix the mess we’re in.  I do hear him say that much is the government’s fault.  Frankly, that’s a bit lame.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Perry vs Trump

Rick Perry just played into Trump’s hands and will continue to be fodder. Stop telling us what’s wrong with Trump and tell us what’s good about you. Unlike you, Trump at least has people fired up.

Conservatism has proven to be a matter of convenience with Republicans and most haven’t been a true conservative in 40-50 years.

It’s ironic that the Republican candidates and most in the GOP can unite against Donald Trump but can’t unite to help Americans.

2. Crawfish says:

I’ve never considered Trump to be a viable candidate, and not because of his bomb throwing style. His support for many liberal positions, especially single-payer healthcare and tax hikes, makes him a non-starter.
    That being said, I like him in the race, because he is forcing the other candidates to face up to a lot of issues that they would only pay lip service to before. These are issues, such as illegal immigration, that are important to voters, but are dog whistles for the anti-American left wing Democrats and their media supporters.
    As for Perry, he was a good, not great, Governor. On economics and job development, he is good. On amnesty and college tuition subsidies for illegals, he loses me.

• Hardnox says:

Me neither. I’m waiting for Trump to commit political suicide. He certainly is driving the conversation unlike the others that think that any topic other than “jobs” is akin to ebola.

My beef with Perry is that he put himself into the fray where he should have stayed out. The GOP has formed thee predictable circular firing squad again.

Btw, what’s his record on keeping out invaders?

• Crawfish says:

Mixed.
        He did send the Texas Rangers and National Guard to back up the Border Patrol, but on the other hand pushed for in-state tuition rates at state universities for non-drybacks.

• Hardnox says:

Listening to Mark Levin tonight he highlighted the crimes committed by ILLEGALS from 2008 to 2014. Something like 600,000. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn’t Perry tell the feds to pound sand and shut down the Southern border and keep Texans safe?

• Kathy says:

In all fairness to Perry, that’s not been entirely up to him. The Feds, particularly DHS honchos have had directives from O that they’re acting on, and it’s playing out with the BP guys, whose hands are basically tied.

Like Crawfish said though, he didn’t do the state any favors with his ‘soft-heart’ move on in-state tuition and he’ll get beat up over that until rapture.

• Hardnox says:

I’m not buying Perry’s excuse. The Rs have been stuck on pandering to Hispanics with the hope that they’ll vote for them. It’s bullshit.

3. Buck says:

I listened as far as Perry talking about, “…taking on John McCain and the rest of the men and women who spent time in the Hanoi Hilton…”
    How many women were in the Hanoi Hilton? Besides, he is NOT talking about the other POW’s. He is talking about ONE POW who, by all testimony of the folks who were there, was NOT a hero.
    Perry is either; (a) playing the politician; or (b) talking about something with which he has done no research and is totally ignorant. Either case should be a warning to anyone who is looking seriously at Perry.
    Seems a smart politician would look at what Trump is saying that is so motivating the silent majority instead of mouthing the Manchurian Candidate type parroting against Trump.
    I think Perry is another closet big government type guy.

• Crawfish says:

I caught the women thing as well.
      Trump DID swipe at all of the POWs with his statement of preferring people who were not captured. That went beyond McLame.
      Perry is no small government conservative, but I think he would be better on that front than the Bush family has proven to be.

4. Uriel says:

I think the reason as we have said before for Trumps popularity is he takes on issues no one else will speak truthfully on. Trump is in all respects a juniyard and show dog. If he took on Perry’s glasses then he was trying to bully another candidate and may be lobbing for weaknesses. I don’t know much about Perry. But honestly can’t endorse him. For me he has same feel as Bushes and LbJ. The current governor has more fight and strength I think.

5. Buck says:

Come to think of it, Trump kinda reminds me of Harry S. Truman. Truman said what he meant and didn’t mince words, either, which also irritated the piss out of the MSM. They had him going down the tubes in the ’48 election to the point the Chicago paper had run a morning edition with, “Dewey Wins” headline. After that nothing he could say or do was pleasing to the MSM and his bad press made him the most unpopular POTUS until Carter.

6. Buck says:

At the end of the day Perry will be scratching his head wondering why he has slipped in the polls.

7. tannngl says:

I liked Perry up until now.

He’s proving to just be another politician. I don’t trust him.