56 Men

This short historical film offers new insight into the sacrifices and suffering of our founding fathers – the original 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence. Every politician and voter should watch this film to appreciate what our forefathers gave up to give us a new country and new freedoms.

“we pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor”

Governor Christie this week, during his presidential campaign announcement, quipped that “we compromised with the British to win the Revolution”.

BULLSHIT, we killed them.

Happy Independence Day.

15 Responses to 56 Men

Thanks for that, Hardnox. That film should be required watching for every American on every Independence Day.

Christie’s quip about compromise reminds me of the remodeler who came to our house recently and premised his estimate for remodeling our bathroom by informing us that the average master bath remodel costs $52,000. That gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the same is true for Christie’s sly disclaimer where he attempted to soften us to the idea of more big gov’t socialism. We politely showed the would-be remodeler to the door, and that’s what conservatives should do with Christie, except maybe not so politely – we need to send a firm warning to all the RINOs out there to get the hell off the stage.

• Hardnox says:

Thanks CW. I agree. Christie is nothing more than a fat democrat masquerading as a republican who throws the word conservative around.

Oh, I’d love to hear Christie’s explanation for that, but I doubt anyone questioned him. Sounds like he needs a refresher course in history.

Those 56 men would be appalled to see what’s become of their republic, which we’re having a really hard time hanging onto these days. I wonder what they’d do with today’s situation, were they here now.

3. vonmesser says:

God Save Our Country.
    Especially from those whom claim to be on our side.

4. tannngl says:

That Declaration of Independence wa the basis of our Constitution. Those men met power with courage suffering for their stance. Where are men like that now? Where are they?

Thanks, Hardnox.
    I’ll be passing this one.

5. Uriel says:

If these men could have envisioned today before they signed, I wonder if they would be done so? Their sacrifices cost them dearly. The price of freedom is costly but I believe each of them would have made the same decision to sign. It was after all known then what they faced. Would we have also done the same? Excellent video, I honestly had not known all of this even with the historical videos I have seen.

• Hardnox says:

I doubt any of them would have made the sacrifices had they known. What would be the point?

• Uriel says:

I may be Pollyanna in this but I want to say they would. Because they believed so strongly then that their own lives and wealth were forfeit even though they could not see the end result even as they took the action. My guess is they simply put faith in God and Hos plan before human. I do think though the articles would probably have been worded differently perhaps to clarify. There is a very famous painting that mirrors this

In the painting, the lighting is neither indicative of sunrise or sunset for a reason. It has been interpreted in many ways but I think fits here. As a hope first that the sun never rise or set on what they did and as a statement of intention regardless of day or time or season they believed in purpose over destiny through the years. They could not have foreseen then all that would transpire yet they signed in hope that they might change the course of human lives in a positive way for all men and races.

• Uriel says:

For is not one day, one year, one single moment of deeply personal decision not in itself the meaning of freedom? Ripples of actions taken, decisions made we never know. We can only see its immediate results. Yet most of these were truly honorable and religious yet for all that humans who have frailties and faults. They still believed this country an answer to God’s promise of life, liberty, and freedom to worship and grow.

• Hardnox says:

Point taken. These were extremely honorable men.,, but the question you posed was if the knew the outcome…. They weren’t stupid.. Idealists absolutely – morons NO.

• Kathy says:

Had they known, perhaps they would have added more detail in the Constitution and/or the amendments. How could they have possibly known that we’d need a definition for marriage? Or that we’d have a Congress full of career cavers?