Quote Of The Day — July 2, 2015

The problem isn’t that Johnny can’t read. The problem isn’t even that Johnny can’t think. The problem is that Johnny doesn’t know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling.”

Thomas Sowell

~ ~   Grouchy   ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Quote Of The Day — July 2, 2015

1. upaces88 says:

He isn’t alone….we all have seen even some adults the same way.

2. Great quote from Sowell. He seems to nail it all the time.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Pepper. He is truly a modern day scholar, but grounded in common sense. I enjoy him, and a few of his companions, such as Alan West and Mychal Massie.

The problem is that Johnny is under the influence of liberalism, and it’s ruined him.

Johnny is probably gay.

• Grouchy says:

The problem there, Hardnox, is that Johnny doesn’t even get a chance to fully sort out his own sexuality, and ask questions, before someone wants to make him a tranny or a queer. It used to be, that we grew into our sexuality, and learned to deal with it. Now, it’s a “knee-jerk” reaction to confusion, rather than being helped to grow into the birthed gender.

5. Nee says:

Johnny can’t think because of emotions and Jenny is stuck in the “OMG! What are they saying about me on Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat?”
    They don’t understand privacy and they pshaw the way we admonish about how bad things will be for our kids…They. don’t.get.it.
    My 18YO says that her gram probably felt that way. But no. Nuclear war was our pending implosion, not the way people treated each other, or didn’t, FFS. We were all “more” equal than we are now!!
    Liberals back on 2004 were whining about the greed, being denied free speech and wanted the gov’t out of their collective bedrooms…and now, we can’t even refuse service or look the wrong way at someone without a fear of being sued because someone is wuss and offended. Military standards are being changed, clothing sizes and shoe sizes lie all day long to make people “feel” better about being fat. Before all of this bs, I was a 6-8 and wore a 5. Had kids, stayed around an 8, shoes a 6…now explain being 20 pounds heavier and fitting into a 6, 5.5 in shoes works???? I am so over the wussifying I could scream!!

• Grouchy says:

Greetings, Nee, and how I so hear you~! I look at all the ads and such for “beautification” of aging women, and men, too, and I have to wonder, WHY have we forsaken the blessed rite of gaining age??? The lines in our faces are from staring into the future, Smiling at Life, and yes, from the grief and heartache we’ve each individually gone through. WE’VE EARNED EVERY BLESSED ONE~!

I don’t do facebook, twitter, and what the ‘ell is “snapchat” ??? Why does the world need to know my vitals and elimination habits??? ONLY my doctor needs that information, not anyone else.

Privacy??? You are SOOOO Right – They. Don’t. Get. It.

Terry Cole Whitaker wrote a book, years ago that I haven’t read, but fully understand the meaning behind the title: “What You Think of Me is None of My Business,” But the kids of today are too enamored of their video games, and it is self-evident that their senses of self-worth and self-esteem are predicated on the opinions of their “peers”.

Thank You, Nee. I’m sure you and I aren’t the only ones feeling this kind of angst~!