The Donald

As you already know, Donald Trump threw his hat in the ring yesterday.

O’Reilly interviewed him.  Here’s the video:

Yes, Donald is a goober.  And yes, he’s a megalomaniac but I can’t help but like him.  He’s got balls, enthusiasm, and he speaks what most of us think.  I think his participation in this presidential contest is that he will force a conversation on subjects that all professional politicians avoid like Ebola.

Let us not forget that Trump is first and foremost about Trump.

Still, I’m glad he’s running,.  Trump will provide a level of entertainment that will aid in average Americans paying attention to this process.  Do I think he could win?  NO, I don’t but he certainly wouldn’t be a bad president if he did.  I can’t help but imagine him across the negotiating table from Vladimir Putin or some Ayatollah.  Trump loves America and it’s obvious.  I like it.

What do you think?

18 Responses to The Donald

I echo your sentiments on Trump, Hardnox. I just happened to catch his speech and I’m not usually a big fan of his but I very much related to his righteous anger and disgust with the progressives in both parties. It made me very annoyed to hear Charles Krauthammer and George Will ridicule him on Brett Baier last night, as if there’s something strange and obscene about speaking the truth in plain language and expressing some justified outrage. I don’t think Trump has a chance in hell but if he forces the rest of the group to show some guts then he will have fulfilled a useful role.

• Hardnox says:

Thanks. Krauthammer and Will both have an annoying air about them at times. They are too close to the trees to be able to see the forest.

2. vonmesser says:

He sounds good here. BUT BUT BUT he’d make a pi$$ poor president. There are other places he could do much better.

• Hardnox says:

Maybe… IF by some miracle he did win he’d be a hell of a lot better than the asshat in charge now. He’d trim the government down a lot.

It could work. We’ve certainly seen far worse. No, he won’t win but he could take things to a level most politicians wouldn’t.

A visual I had – Imagine him sitting across the table from some of the czars and other useless tools in DC, he’s pointing his finger at them and saying those dreaded words….’You’re fired!’ LOL, I’m lovin’ it.

4. Mr. Donald Trump is a Builder and not a Constitutional Breaker. His Building Empire has risen to what it is today. Did Mr. Trump do it himself, as many are envious and jealous with ignorance, he has hired an army of dedicated young men and women of all ethnic groups to work and earn their paycheck. Enormous employment on his watch. Impressive incomes of his workers and peers. Donald Trump is a bridge builder for the American Constitution, the United States of America, and for those who wish to grab the opportunity of the pursuit of happiness. To have pride in one self thru many crowds. Unlike Barack Obama, Donald believes in a Strong , Moral , and Strategic Military with no nonsense and no wimpy peace solutions. With the growing Senior Citizen Population of this generation, Donald Trump can balance the budget and guarantee these folks their very earned retirement. Donald Trump is an Employer, a worker, and a planner to keep people working. And he is a Police Supporter. God Bless Mr. Donald Trump. We Need a Builder with Quality Concrete Values. And He is Mr. Donald Trump. And should he ask me to help him campaign, I will drop everything, but my prayers, my faith and truth for Jesus Christ which would help me help Donald Win and Get Things Done!

5. Buck says:

I agree that he will open doors to debate on subjects that the Rinos don’t want to touch. I also agree that should he get the nod a lot of folks will show up to vote but who will stay home if Bush is the choice.

6. Donald Trump, billionaire, real estate mogul and Producer of the hit tv franchise, “The Apprentice” officially kicked off The Rose Brucia Educational Foundation’s national “I practice stranger safety” campaign with the release of his PSA. Starting on May 25, the 45 second PSA will air on stations across the United States.
    “Stranger abduction is one of the fastest growing crimes in our nation. We need to proactively teach our children what to do if such a situation arises,” explained Mr. Trump. “The Rose Brucia Stranger Safety Awareness Program is a terrific educational tool that parents and teachers can use to teach children the do’s and don’ts of stranger.”
    Please join Mr. Trump and make your pledge to practice stranger safety by going to the curriculum page and downloading the stranger safety techniques to help empower and protect children around the world.

7. Arnold Palmer Foundation
    Reef Relief
    Smile Train
    St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
    The Doe Fund
    UNICEF
    Wounded Warrior Project

8. Mr. Trump is no politician.

9. Potential 2016 presidential candidate Donald Trump said on “On The Record” that the United States is a “laughingstock” and that President Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing.

“First of all, we’ve got a president that has no clue what he’s doing,” Trump said. “There’s no question about that. And all you have to do is look at what’s happened in Iraq with these so-called soldiers. Every time we give them $100 million worth of equipment, ISIS or whoever ends up getting it.”

Trump said that “it’s a disgrace” what happened and that “it’s a shame this took place in the first place.”

“Now that we have totally messed up the Middle East…we have to do something because ISIS is truly bad,” Trump said. “ISIS is far worse than Iraq was ever going to be and we have to go in there very very powerfully and strongly.”

Greta Van Susteren questioned how Trump would defeat ISIS, but he wouldn’t share his plan.

“If I run and I win, I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing,” Trump stated. “There is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory. I don’t want to be Obama, where he goes on television to explain exactly when we’re going to attack a certain city, what we’re going to do, what hour we’re going to be using for the attack…I don’t want to do that.”

He shared that his plan is a “fool proof way of winning the war with ISIS.”

Trump also said that “our country is a laughingstock.”

“We don’t know what we’re doing, whether it’s our trade policies with China and Mexico, not only at the border is Mexico killing us, but everywhere else including economically,” Trump stated. “In terms of our military, it’s disgraceful what our president is doing to our military. It’s a disgrace.”

10. May 21, 2015

Mr. Donald Trump, a highly respected and worshiped man, by those who don’t possess the character of jealousy, insecurity, or absent minded of God, who obviously with documented proof of phenomenal success with many Real Estate Achievements, has the knowledge of common sense Nation Building in America and many parts of the World. Putting all ethnic Citizens to work and having their paychecks circulate for a better way of life. Through many crowds of society, his employees and peers have quality character to pass on to their children to make America Great. Like it should be. And Will Be. When this intelligent man plays chess with Washington, many Washington Politicians will shun their past sins, knowing their established enemies to remember in shame and to count their unearned money with small respect or support for the American Constitution and the Left Behind Christians. May they, the past time illiterate politicians, be our future side line spectators of envy for the obvious and great Success America will gain. When Mr. Donald Trump is President of the United States. Then our Nation will be a strong in Constitutional Values as well with a Reformed Military of Strength and Zero Tolerance Intelligence Forth Coming to keep our Country Strong and Safe. Mr. Donald Trump is longed waited for this country.

11. Bullright says:

What’s not to like? Well, maybe his hair, he has it. Finally someone can poke the political elite ruling class in the eye with a little credibility. Okay a lot. And finally a press conference everyone would watch.

12. I just got this crazy picture of Trump telling Vladimir Putin or Ayatollah “you’re fired”. I found myself laughing about it. If Trump made president that would be worth seeing, lol.