Quote Of The Day — June 11, 2015

The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”

Ronald Reagan,  (February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004)

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Quote Of The Day — June 11, 2015

1. Buck says:

He should be remembered as the 20th Century’s best POTUS

• Hardnox says:

Amen Buck.

We already have a ringer for the worst for the 21st century and we’re only 15 years in.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Buck, and I fully agree. Every president in the 20th Century was challenged, but I do believe that Reagan came out the best of all, and Truman and Eisenhower right behind him, a razor thin edge, tied for second place.
      And Hardnox, that’s a GIVEN~! 😀

Yep, that’s the definition of leadership. As is usually the case a great quote on leadership can’t help but remind me of the anti-leader occupying the White house now. What great things has Obama inspired the American people to do? I’m sure in his juvenile mind the first great thing was to elect a black president, because we all know that skin color is such an important qualification for that somewhat important job. Then what? Well let’s see he’s divided the country into special interest groups that see each other as enemies competing for the golden goose; he’s encouraged minorities to see themselves as victims of the white male order; he’s forced policies on us that discourage work and productivity; he’s rewarded lawless behavior of those who come here illegally. There’s a long list of Obama acts that intentionally bring out the worst in the people, making him – according to Reagan’s definition – the worst of leaders.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, CW. The obomination is a perfect example, indeed~! A PERFECT example of what NOT to be as a National Leader.
      Take a bow, My Friend. A Wondrous comment~!

3. vonmesser says:

He may not have been the best President (but he was darn good).
    However, he was the ONLY person we have had in the White House who knew how to act like a President.

• Grouchy says:

Greetings, VM. While none of us were alive at the time, I’d have to add Teddy Roosevelt in that mix. Sadly, his cousin, Franklin D. could not measure up to Teddy’s standard. Given that, in many ways Franklin did the best he could with what he had, and the circumstances he found himself in. But he didn’t have all that much to begin with. Eleanor and Franklin should have traded places, m’thinks,,,

• Buck says:

I’m not too sure of TR, Grouchy. He is pretty much the first progressive POTUS

• Grouchy says:

At the time he served, Buck, “Progressive” had a whole different meaning than what the liberal establishment has given it now. Today, he would be considered a right wing extremist.

4. Buck says:

For the 20th Century, vM, name someone who surpassed his statesmanship.

• Grouchy says:

😀 Buck, I think we’d have to go to England for that response, and “Winnie” and Ms. Thatcher. Or Israel, and Ben Gurion or Meir. But for the States, Reagan stands head and shoulders above all others.
      IMHO

• vonmesser says:

Don’t know. In the long run, it might be Nixon. I’m sort of a TR fan, but he has some serious defects. Gonna be a while though, before all the votes are in.

Still miss that guy. Good find, GF.

• Grouchy says:

Clyde, so do I,,, He left some mighty big shoes to fill, and no one since has been able to do so~! We have some that are candidates that come close – Let’s hope and pray they’re put in their proper place~! NOT all of them are men, either,,,

6. Pingback: My Article Read (6-11-2015) | My Daily Musing