Sometimes, Bullying Victims Get the Last Laugh!

From Huffington Post

Bikers may have a tough reputation, but what these guys did for a child who was bullied was simply sweet.

A 5-year-old girl from Albuquerque, New Mexico, whose identity has not been revealed, was reportedly assaulted on the way back from school. After being told about the incident, the Punishers, a motorcycle club, surprised the girl who has a mental disability late last month in an effort to make her feel empowered, according to KRQE.

“We rounded up all the bikes and we rode over to the little girl’s house and said ‘hi,’” Aaron Holmes, a member of the Punishers, told KRQE of the interaction.

The motorcycle group, whose members include those in law enforcement, EMS personnel and firefighters, were asked to speak to the girl, who had been jumped by some neighborhood kids and beaten up, according to the outlet. They teamed up with local defense group Shockwave to surprise the 5-year-old. When they showed up to her house, they assured her that they’d have her back.

“We told her that we are always there for her no matter what,” Norman Gonzalez, president of the Albuquerque chapter of the Punishers, told KRQE.

Sometimes, bullying victims get the last laugh. Last year, a middle school cheerleader Desiree Andrews who has Down syndrome, was bullied by some people in the stands. The basketball players decided to stick up for her, and walked off the court during a time out to address the bullies, Kenosha News reported.

In another show of moving support, a prom queen came to the rescue of her friend that was bullied. Last fall, Lillian Skinner, who was a student at a North Texas high school, was bullied and told she had been nominated for homecoming court even though she hadn’t been. So her friend, Anahi Alvarez, who had been named homecoming queen, gave Skinner the crown, local news station KTVT reported.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The bikers I have met have all been really nice to me…..showing me more respect than some other groups I have come across. I have no doubt that if I needed their help…they would respond and do anything they needed to do to make that happen.

These types of stories give me hope that my son will be able to grow up in a nicer , kinder world…..

~Blessed B~

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Sometimes, Bullying Victims Get the Last Laugh!

Give me bikers over politicians any day. I follow the 2 Million Bikers to DC and they’re some of the nicest people you’d ever find and do a lot of good stuff for people.

This is a good stance they made for that kid, but in addition to that, they should have found the bully and scared the bejabbers out of him too.

• Kathy says:

One of my brothers is a biker – he’s just not a gang member. Well, if riding with the Patriot Guard as escort, riding in the Memorial Day Run for Veterans with about 700 of his closest friends, and meeting his buddies at the airport every single time a Vet lands here to welcome them home – if that counts then he’s a gang member and I love his gang.

You see any politicians doing that? Didn’t think so…

• Blessed B. says:

The fellas and gals that I have personally met that are gang members….most have been Veterans, Lawyers, Doctors, retired LEOs…..never met ANY that said they were politicians!! LOL!

• Blessed B. says:

I trust Bikers over just about everyone else, LOL! Most definitely they are some of the nicest people!

I agree they should have had a “talk” with the bully…just to let ’em know that the little girl had body guards!

Good story. As Kathy said, too bad they could not find the bully, and make HIM piss himself.

• Uriel says:

Lol. I’m with you Clyde. Maybe escort the child’s car to school would do the trick. Haha. No pointing fingers just backup notice.

• Blessed B. says:

LOL! Wonder if they could give her a jacket with their colors on it? That would send a message loud and clear!

• Blessed B. says:

Thanks Clyde! Totally agree!

3. Uriel says:

Good story BlessedB. If more stand up perhaps, maybe the bullies would learn a lesson. I am with Kathy. Every group I have ever known as bikers were everyday people who were mostly patriotic, fun loving, and generally stable well liked members in business and Homefront. They simply chose to enjoy the freedom of open roads and a passion for bikes no different that car buffs.

• Blessed B. says:

Thanks Uriel! Bikers do get the bums rap more often than not!

A true story…. My Hubby and I owned a second hand store many moons ago. The Police came around to all the store owners and told us to take special precautions cuz there was a Biker Gang ( Hell’s Angels) that was making it’s presence known in our city. We were told to close our doors to them!

My hubby and I talked about it and decided that we would do no such thing! I had witnessed in my home town many years before what happens when a town closes it doors to a biker gang. It wasn’t pretty for the small towns that did so. My little town kept it’s doors open and there was no violence or problems with them!

So…. a couple of hours later, we get this group of about 10 come in and they aren’t wearing their colors but we knew they were part of the biker gang. We laughed with them and talked and even sold some of our merchandise!

A few days later we did something that we had never done before! We forgot to lock our front door o the store. Sometime during the night, all the stores on our street had their locks broken on their doors! Except ours cuz it wasn’t locked! Found a note beside our cash register which said ” You really should remember to lock your doors before going home for the evening…. you never know when someone might decide to pay your store a visit…. and it won’t be to purchase anything. From your friends.”

We checked everything out and nothing had been touched or stolen. Many times during that year the businesses that had closed their doors to this biker gang had robberies… our store was never touched once! WE believe that since we had treated these folks with respect and courtesy, they were keeping an eye out for our store. If we saw them on the street at other times, we always made sure to say hi in passing, even if they were wearing their colors. You could see the look of surprise on their faces!

4. Buck says:

As the late Bill Stern said in his sportscast not long after the Hollister, California biker riot, “Only 1% of motorcyclists are outlaws..” or words to that effect.

5. Just Gene says:

This is why our country will survive – thanks for the info.
    luvya

6. Grouchy says:

I’ve never met a Biker who was not polite, friendly, and courteous. But then, I don’t run in a gangster crowd, either. Pre-conceptions and pre-judgment of intent and of attitude will surely cancel out any chance of meaningful dialogue. And that is a shame, as there can be so much gained, on all sides, as this story well illustrates.

• Buck says:

And Grouchy you gotta admit Hollywood has done its share contributing to the bad-ass biker image….

• Blessed B. says:

How true Grouchy! This goes for mostly every group or individual that we consider different from us. If we could only get rid of the pre-conceptions and pre-judgements and actually talk, we’d find that most folks are no different than ourselves.

I guess there are good bikers and bad bikers, just like everyone else. The recent incident in Waco, Texas, didn’t help their reputation.

Kudos to these guys for coming to the aid of this little girl. They surely have big hearts.

• Blessed B. says:

That Waco incident….I heard it might have been a set up against the biker gang…an ambush. I’ll try to find the story I read about I….

8. upaces88 says:

What an amazing story of REAL Heroes!!

• Blessed B. says:

I agree Upaces! Most bikers have families of their own and don’t take kindly to having any other child hurt by bullies.