Recently, after reading about Obama’s latest EPA assault on “small bodies of water” (i.e., puddles), I feel compelled to engage in another Obama rant. It’s not my first rant about B. Hussein Obama (note the volume and number assignment) and it probably won’t be my last.
I’m an old-timer and I only volunteer that to indicate that I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. I’ve been engaged, and I’ve been aware. I’ve been watching our president’s activities with great interest for the last 50 years. So, you could say that I’ve formed some definite impressions about them, both good and bad.
Obama is easily the worst. He is in a class by himself. No one else even comes close. Not Richard Nixon, not Lyndon Johnson, not Jimmy Carter, and neither of the Bush’s. Obama has worked diligently to set himself apart from the rest and succeeded admirably.
No other president has ignored our Constitution to the extent that Obama has. Most haven’t even tried to circumvent our founding document; they naively assumed that they must honor it and follow its rules, but not Barack Obama. He apparently doesn’t even consider that it might be providing something positive. He just arrogantly refuses to accept the founder’s intent that the Constitution expressly limits his power. He’s proven that time and time again.
I suggest that he is operating under a concept to which he claims authorship: “presidential discretion.”
While some degree of presidential discretion has been supported by the Constitution and some acts of Congress, there have always been limits – thus the limitations imposed on Executive Orders. Not so with Obama’s interpretation of presidential discretion.
Much like his justification for allowing the illegal entry of masses of aliens across our Southern border, basing that decision on an expansive interpretation of “prosecutorial discretion,” he’s just following what he sees as a logical progression into the concept of “presidential discretion.” That “presidential discretion” gives him the latitude to enforce a law or choose to ignore it, according to his personal whim.
One would think that Obama, a supposed “constitutional scholar,” would have understood the founder’s express intent that the president is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress. The Constitution does not give a president the power to create law; that is the sole responsibility of Congress. He apparently has also forgotten that he swore an oath to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution. He’s interpreted that phrase to mean, “fold, spindle, and mutilate.”
If Barack Obama has his way, we are well on our way to becoming an “Obamanational Republic” wherein we will be bound by an abomination of national principles set forth by Barack Hussein Obama – its founding father – to remake our Constitutional Republic into a nation based on HIS principles.
If that’s not the height of egotism and narcissism, I don’t what is. For some unexplained and indeterminable reason, he believes himself to be qualified to upend the 228 year-old Constitution, carefully constructed by the finest minds of its time (the least of whom would be an intellectual superior to Barack Obama) and replace it with his own misguided ideology.
He is unworthy. With over eight years of watching Obama’s activities, I can confidently say that without lies, cover ups, and the sycophantic support of the media, he wouldn’t have been reelected in 2012.
In fact, he wouldn’t have been elected the first time in 2008 except for his color.
He had done nothing exceptional prior to becoming president and he’s managed to maintain that record of unexceptional inadequacy throughout his presidency. He was always a back-bencher and remains so today.
I first started researching Obama in 2007 when he was being touted as a possible candidate for the democrat primary in 2008 and I believe that he wouldn’t have even been considered a worthy nominee, except for his race. He was elected and remains in power because of racism, not white racism, black racism. Period.
Some will call me racist. So be it. The “race card” has been relegated to the discard pile; it’s the 53rd card – a Joker – and it trumps nothing and no longer has any value. And for the purposes of my rant, his color/race is insignificant anyway; he is just someone who has long ago reached his Peter Principle level of incompetence. Here are just a few reasons that I view his presidency as a failure:
- He’s lied directly to the American people, repeatedly and on many subjects. He’s lost all credibility with a large portion of our citizens who, based on his track record, find it difficult to believe anything he says.
- He refuses to be bound by the Constitution, yet he swore to preserve, protect and defend it – he knew, when he swore it, that he had no intention of honoring that oath. He is not trustworthy.
- He refuses to protect our border and even worse, has implemented policies that actually encourage illegal entry into the country.
- He has alienated our friends (especially Israel) and given comfort to our enemies (notably Iran). Negotiations with Iran have destroyed the relationships we previously had with our Middle Eastern allies.
- His policies have caused racial strife and the gulf between whites and blacks is widening as a result of his activities. He could have been a unifying force to bring the races together; instead he has destroyed decades of progress.
- He has destroyed the best healthcare system in the world and replaced it with a bureaucratic nightmare that is resulting in a loss of healthcare providers and an overall increase in the cost of healthcare.
- He shows disdain for our military and doesn’t believe that the country needs to remain militarily strong. He believes that the United States has been a bully among nations.
- He shows disdain for Christianity, yet he says he is a Christian. He exhibits affection for anything associated with Islam, but denies that he is a closet Muslim. Once again, we can’t believe anything he says.
- Although he campaigned on having the “most transparent administration in history,” he’s consistently relied on lies, deceit, political pressure and threats to maintain secrecy within his administration.
I could go on for hours, but you get the drift, he’s NOT presidential material, he’s not employee material, and he’s not friend material. Anyone looking for a friend, an employee, or a president would do well to look elsewhere.
You may note the absence of a “because he’s black” item in the list. It’s not by accident, it’s because his race/skin color (half black) is not the problem; he doesn’t stink as a president because he’s black, he stinks because of his ideology and his disdain for the Constitution and our historic customs and precedents.
It’s been readily apparent that Barack Obama has never put the United States or its citizens first in any of his policy decisions; his primary goal is the ascension of Barack Obama to the status of a near-godlike icon. It’s purely personal and selfish.
Although blacks overwhelming support him, it’s only because they’ve chosen to take a confrontational “us against them” stance and blindly refuse to see what he is doing to the country. To them, he can “do no wrong” because he is (half) black – even though many of his policies are detrimental to African Americans – they still support him because he is “one of us.”
He has never been the president of “all the people,” he’s always leaned towards a minority-centric agenda and been antagonistic towards white people. He does that to maintain the near total support of black Americans and in that regard, he’s been successful.
Let me close by quoting a piece that I wrote about Obama almost two years ago:
There are many reasons that I dislike Barack Hussein Obama. Here are a few:
- I dislike arrogant, egotistical people
- I dislike narcissists, especially when they possess precious little justification for being so self-enamored
- I dislike liars and my dislike for them grows every time that they are caught in a new lie
- I dislike people who claim to be knowledgeable about a subject when it is readily apparent that they are not
- I dislike those who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions
- I dislike those who blame others for their own blunders
- I dislike people whose core character is ruled not by right and wrong but by political expedience
- I dislike elected officials who refuse to follow the rules, especially when the rules are our Constitution and Bill of Rights
- I dislike elected officials who denigrate our United States and ignore their sworn oath of office
There are more, but in the interest of brevity, consider this a start …For me, there are so many reasons to dislike the man that the color of his skin pales in comparison (pun intended).
Here’s a rhetorical question: if I dislike Barack Hussein Obama for all of the reasons stated above, of what consequence is his skin color?