Quote Of The Day — May 22, 2015

Law and order is a social service. Crime and the fear which the threat of crime induces can paralyse whole communities, keep lonely and vulnerable elderly people shut up in their homes, scar young lives and raise to cult status the swaggering violent bully who achieves predatory control over the streets. I suspect that there would be more support and less criticism than today’s political leaders imagine for a large shift of resources from Social Security benefits to law and order – as long as rhetoric about getting tough on crime was matched by practice.”

Margaret Thatcher, (October 13, 1925 – April 08, 2013),  “The Path To Power”

~ ~   Grouchy   ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Quote Of The Day — May 22, 2015

>>”…Crime and the fear which the threat of crime induces can paralyse whole communities, keep lonely and vulnerable elderly people shut up in their homes,…”

Very timely quote given the recent hostility towards police fomented by the race hustlers. The Left doesn’t care who suffers for their gains.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, CW. I see your sentiments echo my own. I was astounded how precisely she pinpointed the times of today, myself.

2. Uriel says:

A very good quote. As we mourn the many police officers killed on duty in the year since Ferguson. Especially the newborn and dad who no longer have a mom and wife. This is total lunacy and needs government smack mouthed liberals or Any idiot who foment racial or other chaos for greed as well as those hired irreconcilable criminals doing the killings Jailed for inciting racial hatred Especially Obama and his puppet Sharpton.

• Grouchy says:

Greetings, Uriel,,, And I couldn’t agree more. And while we’re at it, let’s add two more dastardly villains, who supposedly have Divinity degrees: Jeremiah Wright and Jesse Jackson. And Moochie isn’t any better: Witness her speech at the graduation ceremony for the U.S. Coast Guard Academy~!

Martin Luther King, Jr. is rolling over in his grave, right about now, and has been since January 20th, 2009. So are Booker T. Washington, George Washington Carver, and many other heroes of the Black (and White) race, who realized that competence does NOT depend on skin color.

Good one from The Iron Lady. Great Britain could sure use a clone of her now.

• Grouchy says:

Amen, Clyde,,, But even more, so could the United States~! And we have three, that I can think of right off the top my head — Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Carly Fiorina. IN that order.

4. Pingback: My Article Read (5-22-2015) | My Daily Musing