Quote Of The Day — May 10, 2015

I love my mother for all the times she said absolutely nothing…. Thinking back on it all, it must have been the most difficult part of mothering she ever had to do: knowing the outcome, yet feeling she had no right to keep me from charting my own path. I thank her for all her virtues, but mostly for never once having said, “I told you so.”

Erma Bombeck, (February 21, 1927 – April 22, 1996 )

~ ~   Grouchy   ~ ~

To ALL you Mothers out there, I wish you a Blessed and Wondrous Happy Mother’s Day! !

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Quote Of The Day — May 10, 2015

Excellent quote for the day, GF. Take your bow.

Great quote Grouchy. I am reminded of all the times that my mom encouraged me throughout my life despite the hardships… “never give up, never surrender”.

• Grouchy says:

You were truly Blessed, Hardnox. A Mother can influence a man as much as can a father,,, She can either breed into him a wimp, or a warrior.
      And sometimes, the tactics of choice are difficult to make~!

3. Thank you, Grouchy for a wonderful quote for today, :).

4. Uriel says:

My mom was the same. However, her “look” often spoke louder lol. It carried messages straight to the heart without one spoken word.

• Grouchy says:

And sometimes, if your mother was like mine, you wanted to find a hole and crawl in, then pull it in after you~!
      Happy Mother’s Day, Uriel!~!

5. Blessed B. says:

My mom always had something to say…my dad was the one who would keep quiet and let me find out on my own!….. I find I am more like my dad than my mom….I let the kids make decisions for themselves.

• Grouchy says:

Some mothers micro-manage, and some advise then step back. Lucky is the child, with the latter parent~!
      Happy Mother’s Day, B.B. ~!

6. Pingback: My Article Read (5-10-2015) | My Daily Musing