“Mommy”~ A Little Word Filled With So Much Love!

From ShopperGroup.com

Image result for mother's day greetings quotes

“Mommy” is just a small, two-syllable word, and yet it is so important to everyone of us. Often the first word spoken by babies, “Mommy” represents the magical heart of the ever-expanding universe of young children. The relationship between a child and its mother or mother figure cannot be compared to any other human relationship.

In the best of worlds, “Mommy” evokes gentleness and firmness, kisses and hugs. She is the angel of the night come to rescue us from nightmares. She is the nurse who tends to scraped knees, the caregiver who dons and apron to prepare healthy meals, and the fairy who never forgets to make you a birthday cake. She is the one who feels the pain of your heartache and who will always defend you when you’re attacked.

Your mother is the one who knows you best, the one who helps you overcome obstacles and dreams of a beautiful future for you. She helps you build your confidence and surpass yourself. She shows you the value of wisdom rather than misplaced pride.

Baby birds grow up and leave the nest to lead their own lives. With maturity, a growing child learns discernment and sees parents for the human beings they are, with their strengths and weaknesses. Rather than spoiling their love, this discovery is often the source of a closer relationship for adult children and their mothers. Even if your childhood was less than ideal, the affection that unites you both will only grow as you understand that your mother did the best she could with the resources she had.

Make this Mother’s Day a time of gratitude. Thank your mom for guiding you and helping you become the adult you are today.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Happy Mother’s Day Mom and to all you ladies out there!

Image result for mother's day greetings quotes

“Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.”  ~ Lin Yutang

~Blessed B~

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to “Mommy”~ A Little Word Filled With So Much Love!

Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there. Your role cannot be understated.

• Blessed B. says:

How true Clyde! Being a mom , I found it to be one of the hardest jobs I have ever had, as well as being one of the most rewarding. 🙂

Kudos to the great moms out there!

Kudos to the moms out there that smack their wannabe thuglies and make sure they fly right.

• Blessed B. says:

LOL! If only there were more of those moms! Freud and the women’s movement did not make it easier for women. It confused many as to the role they serve in society. Glad that some mom’s still know what they need to do to raise law abiding citizens.

4. Garnet92 says:

This is an open comment to those of you who still have your mothers (and fathers). Take a few minutes to be with them, to talk to them about what they want to talk about, in short – be nice to them. They won’t be around forever – one day, you’ll be without your mom (or dad) and then it’s too late to tell them how much you appreciate what they did, what they sacrificed to raise you.

If you’re a parent, you now understand that raising a child (properly) isn’t easy. It requires patience, love, time, and commitment – all expended on your behalf. They put their lives on hold as they raised us, shouldn’t we give back a little? You don’t want any recriminations after they’re gone over how you could have been a better son or daughter, don’t be so selfish. Please communicate with your mom (and dad) how, as an adult, you now understand the difficulties they faced raising you and thank them for it.

My mom and dad are both gone now, but I still tell them often how much they meant to me and thank them for helping me to become the man I am today.

• Uriel says:

Well said Garnet. Both of mine have been gone for many years but even today, I think back and hear a bit of wisdom in order to solve a problem. And I say prayers of thanksgiving that they were stricter than some but caring, guiding lights as I matured. Kudos to moms who like the lady in Baltimore are willing to assert their parental love to guide and keep their children safe.

• Blessed B. says:

Uriel….

Even my Dad has mentioned that he can still hear his mother or father giving little tidbits of wisdom to him….his parents have been gone for over 40 years now.

My parents were stricter than my friend’s parents. How I used to rail against it! Now…I see and understand as an adult and a parent, why they were so and know that it kept me out of hot water. It shaped me to be the person I am today.

Sometimes one has to use tough love to get the message across to a young’un! I’m glad my parents did!

• Blessed B. says:

Thanks for reminding us Garnet!

I still talk to my mom ( and dad ) every Sunday afternoon. They are both in their eighties and I know they won’t be here forever. I take the time to listen to their advice if needed…. I thank them for it, even if I don’t agree with it. I know they are just trying to be helpful as usual and want the best for me.

5. Happy Mother’s Day,