Protesters walk on Stars and Stripes; veteran banned from university for taking flag from demonstrators

From: valdostadailytimes.com, by: Adam Floyd, on: April 17, 2015, see the article HERE.

Female vet defends flag

Michelle Manhart, an Air Force veteran and former Playboy model, was detained by police at Valdosta State University because she took an American flag away from students who were walking over it for a demonstration. Though no charges were filed, Manhart is effectively banned from attending any activity on the university’s campus.

Wow! I was in the Air Force for four years and never saw any WAFs that looked like THAT! Nevertheless, she’s a veteran ( and a former Playboy model) and did the right thing to take the flag from those un-American, campus activists (and likely racists – see picture below). Wouldn’t surprise me if some/all of the protestors weren’t muslims (sic). BIG TIME GARNET92 KUDOS TO HER! Bold emphasis in the following is mine.

VALDOSTA — A military veteran was detained but not charged by Valdosta State University police after she approached a group of protesters on campus who were walking on an American flag and took it from them.

Michelle Manhart, an Air Force veteran, said she was not planning to take the flag from the group, but she had heard about the group’s recent campus demonstrations and wanted to take action.

“I did not want anything like this, but I got a call from a student who told me that the flag was on the ground, and they were walking on it,” said Manhart. “I was just going over there to pick up the flag off the ground. I don’t know what their cause is, but I went to pick it up because it doesn’t deserve to be on the ground.”

Manhart said she was taken into custody by VSU police officers who then returned the flag to the demonstrators. She admitted to The Valdosta Daily Times that she resisted arrest after seeing the flag being returned.

The group reportedly declined to press charges against Manhart. The officers attempting to detain her also declined to press charges for resisting.

Instead, Manhart was given a criminal trespass warning which effectively bans her from any university activity, including graduation and football games, said Andy Clark, vice president for enrollment, marketing and communications.

The demonstrators declined to identify their group to The Valdosta Daily Times or speak with a reporter about their cause, but they did engage VSU students in heated debate.

Valdosta protestor walking on flag

An unidentified demonstrator walks on an American flag in front of Valdosta State University’s Odum Library Friday.

One member of the group who declined to speak with The Valdosta Daily Times or identify himself told a VSU student that putting the American flag on the ground and walking on it was “a symbol of our protest. When a slave understands his situation and understands he doesn’t want to be in slavery, he does not respect or revere anything his slavemaster has put in front of him.”

Manhart said she was not on campus long enough to discern the group’s message. However, she said if the cause was racism, she agreed with the cause but opposed the method of protest.

“If your cause is racism then find some white people and walk on them,” said Manhart. “But to walk on the flag is walking on our symbol of freedom. You have the freedom to do what you are doing because of it. I’m not fighting against them. I’m fighting against the way they are going about it.”

Manhart said she hoped to ask for a letter of apology from the group and to take possession of the flag so she could dispose of it properly.

Clark said university officials were unable to determine if the demonstrators were VSU students but said the group had the right to protest on campus.

“They were exercising their right to symbolic speech. As long as they don’t disrupt the operations of the university, we let people engage in protest and debate,” said Clark.

After Manhart was escorted from campus, VSU officers asked to see the demonstrators’ student identification cards. The individuals refused to produce any identification and were asked to disperse, Clark said.

The Board of Regents released the following statement about the incident:

“We respect the rights of people to peacefully assemble and voice their opinions. Our primary concern is the safety of our students, faculty and staff and our ability to carry out our responsibilities to all our students on campus. We are monitoring the situation.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Note the picture of the “activists” above walking on the flag – notice anything? That’s right – it’s not an example of diversity, is it? There are no Asians, no whites, no one but those professional “protestors of color.” That particular group apparently doesn’t understand that men died defending that flag and protecting their right to protest – and the vast majority were WHITE MEN.

They should thank their lucky stars that they were born Americans and that WHITE MEN paid for their freedom with blood. They even refused to produce any identification to police, following the Black Belligerent’s rule book. That group is trouble and their actions and attitude are going to be heard from again – mark my words.

Garnet92

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Police Detain Military Veteran (and Playboy model) for Taking Stomped Flag from Students

1. Uriel says:

I agree. In addition, they chose not to be identified. That in itself says political. I am betting they were not university students. This university made a point of being non-political (rejecting Dr. Carson as a speaker due to political issue) so they should not have allowed.

• Garnet92 says:

Yeah, I’d bet money that they weren’t students either. But no matter, walking on the flag ought to warrant repercussions. I wonder what would have happened if they had been burning Qurans instead?

2. Buck says:

These “protesters” should be questioned at length and we should learn just where their disdain for their country and contempt for its flag comes from.
    And there ARE laws against desecrating the flag…

3. Buck says:

Hey, I have an idea. You college students out there like minded with Michelle. Instead of embroiling yourself into the scene, just take pictures with your cell phone camera and post them on FB or other public forum. It would be hilarious to see these spoiled brats suddenly contracting cases of fat lip or shut eye disease.

• Garnet92 says:

Great idea Buck. A viral video of those assholes walking on the flag going viral would likely result in one or more hospital stays – and deservedly so. Maybe a little physical therapy applied to legs, knees, shins, and/or feet would make it difficult to walk on the flag again. Would they be brave enough to crawl on the flag?

It looks to me like a group of black punks trashing the flag just to see if they can stir up some trouble and get their 15 minutes. They have no real goal and as you said, there’s no diversity.

Don’t most universities require you to get a permit before you can stage a protest on their property? If that’s the case, then VSU either looked the other way or granted permission for this.

Funny that no one else supporting her. Where are others who should be outraged at this?

It gave me a chuckle to see that it took three cops to take down one angry female.

• Garnet92 says:

I noticed that too Kathy! I hope she kicked or kneed them in the goobers too. She didn’t give up easily (or peacefully). More kudos to her!

Kudos to Ms. Manhart for doing the right thing. The fact that she was detained by the cops is absurd. What part of “the Flag’ do they not understand. That Flag stands for ALL of us and our heritage and traditions.

A few years back I was at the Vietnam Memorial in DC and spotted a protester blaring away on a backpacked powered megaphone all the while he was standing on the flag. THAT really pissed me off and my first reaction was to drop him. Instead I came up behind him and unplugged his megaphone then whispered into his ear to “get the f**k off my flag before I tear your arm off and beat you with it”. He immediately complied and I picked up the flag and folded it while the watching crowd applauded. I still have the flag and it is proudly displayed in my office.

Manhart showed courage to take the flag from the group of brainless thugs. Unfortunately, though, I saw a report on Megyn Kelly’s show last night revealing that Manhart had posed nude for a magazine or some other promotion in various positions with the flag draped around her, which I happen to feel is also a form of disrespect to the flag. She gave some lame reason to justify it but for me she lost a lot of the moral high ground and she came off looking like an opportunist.

BTW, I asked my husband what he thought about the nude/flag photos and he said, “I don’t know. I’ll have to study the pictures a little more.”

• Buck says:

Aw, c’mon, CW… A good looking nude woman wrapped in an American flag?
      The two things I love most in one snap is disrespect?
      Aw, c’mon….

• CW says:

Would you be as forgiving with a hot, male marine strategically wrapped in the flag? I don’t think so, my chauvinistic friend! 🙂

7. vonMesser says:

Read somewhere that the “lead protester” is a felon, and had a firearms violation on the campus. Not sure where/what, but if either is correct, the school cops need to be bitch-slapped for failure to do things right.