Quote Of The Day — April 17, 2015

Have we not already seen enough of the fallacy and extravagance of those idle theories which have amused us with promises of an exemption from the imperfections, weaknesses and evils incident to society in every shape?”

Alexander Hamilton, (January 11, 1755 – July 12, 1804)  “The Federalist Papers”

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Quote Of The Day — April 17, 2015

Good one, Grouchy! More proof that no matter how much time passes, human nature never changes.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, CW,,, and how so right you are~! Marx, Engels, Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, the obamination, ,,, ,,,
      The terror just goes on and on.

On a side note, I apologize to all who read this for being so late today. As I was preparing the QOTD, we lost internet service, and didn’t get it back until long after I’d gone to bed. Thank You for your patience.

2. tannngl says:

So, the emotional fixes of our human failures don’t work?

Grouchy, I sure wish they had and would teach the Federalist Papers in high school. I didn’t read them til I was an adult.

• Grouchy says:

I fully agree, Tannngl. Embarrassingly, I have to state that I haven’t read them yet~!, but they WERE central to the discussions on the ratification of the Constitution.
      From what I HAVE read, these were men (and women) with strong opinions, sometimes differing, yet with an element of respect of integrity underlying their disagreements.
      Thank you for bringing that up. It IS important. I heard of one “Propagandist” masquerading as a teacher, that the United States was too young to have a history.
      O. M. G.

• tannngl says:

Wow!
        The wisdom and education of our founders seems to me beyond measure, beyond what I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. Why can’t we have more people of integrity and EDUCATION in our PUBLIC SERVICE????

• Grouchy says:

We either knocked the curiosity out of the kids ( “Don’t bother me – I’m busy~!”,,, or “Go look it up in the encyclopedia/dictionary” [blocking meaningful conversation] or
          “We’ll talk about it later”, but ‘later’ never comes,,, or, “Go play on your PS4/Xbox” ) or have not challenged them enough to talk WITH them, and not down to them.
          We have sorely abused the younger generation, in so many ways. We’re soon to pay the price for that~!

3. Pingback: My Article Read (4-17-2015) | My Daily Musing