Ted Cruz’ First Campaign Ad – ‘This is Our Fight’

From Right Wing News:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz was the first Republican to officially jump into the race for President. And now he has unveiled his first TV campaign ad.

Were it not for the transformative love of Jesus Christ, I would have been raised by a single mom without my father in the house.

God’s blessing has been on America from the very beginning of this nation. Over and over again, when we faced impossible odds, the American people rose to the challenge.

This is our fight, and that is why I’m running for president of the United States.

~~~~~~~~~

His focus on family and Christianity is sure to grab the hearts of many Americans.

What are your thoughts on his ad?

~Kathy

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Ted Cruz’ First Campaign Ad – ‘This is Our Fight’

As you know, I like Ted Cruz a lot; but whether this was the right ad to start things off depends on how specifically targeted it was to the audience where it was aired. While it may be smart to make a direct appeal to Christians (and compete for the Huckabee voters), there are also a lot of people who are wary of politicians who sound too much like preachers.

• Kathy says:

If people are comparing him to our current potus, then this will be a breath of fresh air to them. It was a simple message, but a little on the dramatic side for me.

• upaces88 says:

Ted Cruz Booed Offstage By Christians Who Had Enough

I agree with CW. Those preacher types repel me. On the other hand, Cruz knows a lot of evangelicals stayed home in ’08 and ’12. It’s a numbers game.

Overall I like the ad.

• Kathy says:

tannngl says that’s exactly what he’s doing – focusing on the evangelicals who stayed home. Probably a smart way to start.

3. Uriel says:

While it stricks a cord with me, I admit that for many it might be a trigger to not vote for him. Government should be less partisanship of party and more about real issues. Before he goes further down this path, I would prefer he presents facts on what is a concern and his rationale on how to fix. Only by knowing can we judge his ability to govern. I hope ads this time are positive for views with that for focus. We have had enough of campaign slurs and character assassinations. Democrats and liberals can’t focus honestly on truth, it appears their respective agendas have only rhetoric provided by Obama not reality.

• Kathy says:

I don’t know what kind of strategy he has planned, but this looks like it could be his way of saying here’s who I am and why. I imagine he’ll get into the issues in later ads.

4. captbogus2 says:

I like it and I think it is appropriate opening salvo.
    He is telling the folks who stayed home in ’08 and ’12 that they have someone with shared values and they need to become active again.

5. I.R. Wayright says:

I guess his team ran the numbers and noted the recent events in Indiana and elsewhere in the culture wars. Look at the amount of money pledged for the pizza shop~$840,000. Still, I would ease off a bit and try not to appear as the “annointed one.” There are far too many people in this country that want a total seperation of church and state as they continue to mis-interpret the USC and Bill of Rights.

• Kathy says:

Maybe this is his attempt to get things back to what our Founders intended, IR. It’s hard to say right now, but your reference to the anointed one could be correct, considering all the focus on Christianity right now.

6. tannngl says:

Great post, Kathy!
    I wasn’t sure about this ad until I read the article that said Cruz was focusing his campaign on capturing the Tea Party and the evangelicals. No matter what anyone thinks of these groups, they are the majority in America. Even now.

In 2012 40 million evangelicals stayed home from the polls: Obama was re-elected.
    If he can rally these folks and get them to vote, he wins.

Simple.
    And correct.

Now I LOVE THE AD!

• Kathy says:

Thanks for adding that info, tannngl – it confirms what Hardnox and Cap said. Here’s hoping it works and those people come out in droves.

7. I liked the part of the ad when he said “it is our fight.” and it is. I didn’t think it was preachy. I liked the message.

• Kathy says:

I agree with you, angel, it is definitely our fight, and at last we might have that leader we’ve needed for so long. I thought it was a tad dramatic for his first ad, but I didn’t see it as preachy either. Go Ted!

8. vonmesser says:

I like Ted. I think we’d be better off with him in the Senate for another term or two. If he wins the nomination, I’ll support him without problem, but……..

• I.R. Wayright says:

I want whoever can wipe the floor with a dem candidate. I just hope it’s Ted.

9. upaces88 says:

We cannot afford any type of mistake this time.
    I have been blasted for bringing out “is own words” in Video(s) and articles:
    —–
    3 Times the Old Ted Cruz Contradicted the New Ted Cruz
    Presidential hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) talks a good game as an uncompromising conservative. But before he vowed to destroy Obamacare only to admit he may use it, before he forsook rock’n’roll—back when he was a private appellate lawyer charging $695 an hour, Cruz forcefully argued positions that contradict what he now espouses. Some examples from the Ted Cruz Wayback Machine:

FEDERAL STIMULUS MONEY

THEN: In 2009, he wrote a brief arguing that giving federal stimulus money to retired Texas teachers “will directly further the greater purpose of economic recovery for America.”

NOW: Obama’s economic program is “yet another rehash of the same big-government stimulus programs that have consistently failed to generate jobs.”

BIG JURY AWARDS

THEN: As a lawyer, Cruz defended a $54 million jury award to a severely disabled New Mexico man who had been raped in a group home, asserting that “a large punitive damages award is justified by the need to deter conduct that is hard to detect and often goes unpunished.”

NOW: Wants to spread Texas-style tort reform—which caps punitive damages at $750,000—to the rest of the nation.

THE DEATH PENALTY

THEN: Cruz worked on the Supreme Court case of a Louisiana man who’d beenwrongfully sentenced to death, stating that prosecutorial misconduct undermined “public confidence in the criminal-justice system.”

NOW: “I trust the criminal-justice system to operate, to protect the rights of the accused, and to administer justice to violent criminals.”

• vonmesser says:

Everyone’s position can change. Democrats claim their positions change due to positive thinking and Republican positions change due to being wishy-washy or for crass political manipulation. How/why have Cruz’s positions changed?

As for him taking O-care. Note: His wife lost the family insurance when she took a leave of absence from her job. He is required by law to have insurance. If he violates the law by not getting it, what would the leftist media do in the campaign? How much of a “Cruz the lawbreaker” would they run? SO he signs up for it because the law says Senators who are not covered elsewhere MUST be covered under O-Care. He has stated he will not take the federal subsidy.

Now he can say “I’m covered by O-care, and it sucks, I feel the pain of all you Americans forced into an evil system, and I want to get rid of it so I can get good insurance for me and my family”.

10. upaces88 says:

​Would you vote for a man who openly says he would repeal ObamaCare?
    THEN HE ENROLLS IN OBAMA’s HCB.
    —–
    The harm of the Obama HCB — All emergency centers will disappear. These centers are dedicated to give emergency help when you child or grand-child falls out of a tree. Spending a lot less vs. hospitals that charge $7.00 for an aspirin (that cost was 8 yrs ago).
    The Country and County Doctors in small rural areas. They would disappear.
    BIG PHARMA INVOLVED HERE!

Would you vote for a man who opposes Obama’s efforts to offer illegal aliens amnesty and promises to secure the borders? THEN SPEAKS OUT FOR AMNESTY

——-
    I am of course speaking of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) who has announced his candidacy to be the presidential candidate of the Republican Party.

11. upaces88 says:

2013 Ted Cruz Bristles At CNN Anchor’s Obamacare Questions

• CW says:

I don’t understand the point of posting this video. The leftist jerk who is giving the play by play on the interview displays the typical nanny-state mindset of the Left, demanding to know how Cruz, as a member of Congress, is going to provide people with healthcare, as if that’s the government’s responsibility. Cruz gave the right answer when he offered free market competition as the solution to the [man made] “healthcare crisis.” The only thing I find lacking in Cruz’s answer is that he should have added that people have to stand on their own two feet and pay for their own healthcare. That’s what the socialists keep trying to avoid.

With respect to the comments above, first let me say that I’m not sure Mother Jones is the best source for an objective look at Ted Cruz. Second, it’s silly to criticize Cruz for getting insurance through the Obamacare exchange when that is the system through which he must go if he is to take advantage of his employer-provided healthcare. There is absolutely no contradiction or hypocrisy in that, any more than there is in you paying your taxes even if you disagree with how the money is spent or collected, which I presume you do.

Finally, if Ted Cruz has come out in support of amnesty for illegal aliens I would like to see the direct evidence of that.

I agree with CW – Mother Jones is not the best source for unbiased information on Ted Cruz, or any other conservative. From what I’ve seen they lean pretty far to the left. They take things out of context and twist people’s statements.

As to the stimulus money – they’re comparing apples to oranges. There’s a big difference in a situation in Texas and O’s economic program.

The reason that Cruz signed onto O’care is because he was following the law as it pertained to his family situation; not because it was his first choice.