Oh My, What Will Obama Say Next

BLACK PASTORS COALITION LEADER: OBAMA’S COMPARISON OF CIVIL RIGHTS AND GAY MARRIAGE STRUGGLES A ‘DISGRACE TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY

By Dr. Susan Berry 10 Mar 2015, 6:01 AM PDT From Breitbart

The president of a black pastors coalition has expressed his anger that President Barack Obama compared the civil rights movement to that for same-sex marriage at the 50th anniversary of the “Bloody Sunday” march, when black American citizens were beaten while demanding voting rights they were being denied.

“Ask your gay friend if it’s easier to be out and proud in America now than it was 30 years ago,” Obama said in Selma, Alabama, on Saturday, as he characterized the movement for same-sex marriage as another civil rights struggle.

“I marched with many people back in those days and I have reached out to some of my friends who marched with me, and all of them are shocked,” Rev. William Owens of the Coalition of African American Pastors (CAAP) told Breitbart News. “They never thought they would see this day that gay rights would be equated with civil rights. Not one agreed with this comparison.”

–oo–

You gotta love it!! Obama’s troubles just seem to keep mounting. As he opens his mouth, another support group falls away. I really wondered if those at Selma would see through his bs. It seems they did. He managed to tick the pastors off about gay marriages and civil rights all in one day. He strutted about talking about “our” march. The guy is no more Black American than a mule is a llama. He came from white and African stock true, but none of them were in the continental US during those days. He can’t stop lying even when speaking to pastors and blacks.

–Uriel–

About Uriel

Retired educator and constitutionalist
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Oh My, What Will Obama Say Next

1. captbogus2 says:

“Ask your gay friend…”
    Susan, ALL my friends are gay. Gay in the 1957 definition of the word. Not “gay” as a bunch of homosexuals who have perverted the word to disguise their lurid, perverted behavior seem to infer. Not “gay” as the poor little word has been hijacked to make their lurid, perverted behavior more acceptable to normal folks.
    Please quit using “gay” to describe homosexuals and homosexual activity.
    Doing so is a cop out.

• Uriel says:

Hi Cap. I appreciate hearing another side of this issue. As an older person, certain words do trigger other meanings. I had to tread carefully every time I walked into a classroom to teach because of this. PC is unfortunately a poor excuse but like many older adults, we need to try to be reasonable in the change of lingo between ages. Our own elderly had to do the same for us. Yes, for me gay is a word for happy. I do have a few friends who are homosexual. I do not know at the moment what the new coined word is that they prefer. However, that said, I don’t agree with their lifestyle but do believe that on an individual basis I can be accepting of a person’s rights. The same is evident in the black community, yet I would no more tar and feather one of them with unintentional slight because of coined words than I would one of another race or belief. I try to respect their rights just as I hope they respect mine.

The black pastors might not have liked what the asshat had to say, but you can damn well bet the ranch ALL of them supported the asshole, and exhorted their “flocks” to do the same in BOTH elections. Where were their voices of concern THEN ?

3. Uriel says:

Can’t argue that one Clyde. ALL the idiots pulling the tab for O in Both electionz ought to be cringing and backing away like crawfish. But some need to be bitten before they learn to be wary I guess. Ferguson alone ought to be making everyone question the who and more importantly Why of those non native people there. ESPECIALLY Holder and Obama. Our country is definitely not utopia but then we are a tad closer than some countries. What O and Holder are doing is fannning a flame and dishonoring every accomplishment of the educated and hard working Black population both of today and over the past years.

4. Uriel says:

I find photos reveal a lot even though not 3d. Look at this one carefully. The white lady far left has a besotted expression while the Black minister(?) to the right has a stiff body and distanced from O. That is a telling pose to give rise to real hope that those leaders of the Black community may finally be seeing O for who he is and help conservatives rid our country of the stench of sulphur.

• Kathy says:

That white lady on the left is Laura Bush and she’s looks besotted because she’s wondering how she got stuck holding Michelle’s hand, lol. In the rare pictures of the Bushes, that’s the outfit she had on the day of the march in Selma. Not sure who the black guy is he favors Elijah Cummings.

I love that the black pastors are speaking out about this because it’s an extremely unfair comparison. The homosexuals already had the same rights as everyone else, whereas the blacks weren’t equal until much later. Now both groups have more rights than the rest of us.

Cap is right about not calling them gay, but it’s been used so much it’s a habit now, and a hard one to break.

5. I.R. Wayright says:

The black guy is John Lewis who was an original participant in the march and ended up injured for his efforts. The fame of that is what propelld him into politics and he has been a US Congressman for nearly 28 years. (Too long)

This is funny. Putt connecting homos to the civil rights struggles of the 60’s is obviously not sitting well with the black community.

Every chance I get I ask blacks if they are queer. They loudly say “no”. Then i ask them why they support the homo agenda pushed by the left. It really gets them thinking.

It’s always enjoyable to see fighting between liberal groups over who’s entitled to preferred victim status. At the same time I can’t muster up much sympathy for anyone from an inherently racist group like the “Coalition of African American Pastors.” When people stop identifying themselves by race, color, gender and sexual orientation then I’ll hear their complaints.

• Hardnox says:

Funny you mention that CW. Just yesterday, the NAACP in Prince George’s County MD made an announcement that they were AGAINST special funds being allocated to non-English speaking residents as it diminishes monies normally going towards resident kneegrows. Mind you… the NAACP was high fiving the County for taking in the illegals that were sent in courtesy of Putt in the first place. Assholes!