Quote Of The Day — March 6, 2015

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

Mark Twain, (Samuel Clemens – Born November 30, 1835, Died April 21, 1910)

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Quote Of The Day — March 6, 2015

1. captbogus2 says:

Mark Twain was born in the year of Halley’s Comet.
    Mark Twain died in the year of Halley’s Comet.

• Grouchy says:

😀 Hmmm,,, Is that the reason they’re considered, “Omens”, Capt?
      But he sure did a number on “Life” in the interim, didn’t he~!~? 😀

Good one, Grouchy!

I can only imagine what the late, great Mr. Twain would have to say about “social justice.”

• Grouchy says:

Thanks, CW.
      As for his views on “Social Justice” and the current moocher society, “How in the HELL did you let yourselves sink so low~!~?~?”
      As I wrote that, the thought hit me: Have you ever noticed how the great thinkers and writers, as well as social historians, were “Individualists”,,, and that is to include the great politicians of renown, as well~!
      Thanks for the comment, CW, and the tendril of thought it brought about~!

• CW says:

“Have you ever noticed how the great thinkers and writers, as well as social historians, were “Individualists”?”

Yes but I always assumed I was biased. 🙂

3. Russ R says:

My brothers and I heard this from our Dad hundreds of times (sounds bad that we NEEDED to hear it that much) when we were young. His shortened version was just: “the world doesn’t owe you a living.” Even though I’m a Mark Twain fan I didn’t even know it came from him. Great one, thanks!

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Russ, and glad to see you, I am~!
      Our parents and grandparents lived through the Great Depression, and it built a core within them, that is sadly lacking in the generations succeeding the Second World War. And that thought brings up a lot of scenarios for pondering,,, and I fear for the younger generation that didn’t have the parents with that “rod of iron” in them, to pass it on.
      It’s good to see you, and have a great day~!

4. Pingback: My Article Read (3-6-2015) (3-7-2015) | My Daily Musing