How Will YOU Vote in the 2016 Presidential Election?

How will YOU vote in the 2016 presidential election?

Note that we’re not asking WHO you’ll vote for as the candidate hasn’t been determined yet. We’re interested in your philosophy of voting depending on the political leaning of the eventual candidate.

Please select ONE:

NOTE: while a candidate may be characterized as a “moderate” or “conservative” in news programs or pundit’s descriptions, it’s up to each individual voter to make that decision for him/herself, e.g., some pundits may characterize a candidate as being “conservative” while a staunch conservative may perceive that candidate as being more “moderate.”

~ Garnet92

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to How Will YOU Vote in the 2016 Presidential Election?

1. captbogus2 says:

Right now I’m still undecided between choice #1 and #2.

2. I.R. Wayright says:

I haven’t voted FOR anybody since Ronaldus Maximus left office. It’s always been the lesser of two weasles that got my vote. The primary selection process is continually thwarted by the PTB. If you don’t toe their line, you will be excluded from the debates and/or kept off the ballot.

3. vonMesser says:

I agree with I.R. If you can’t vote FOR someone, then vote AGAINST someone.
    If you don’t know where to put your vote, find a helpful liberal, find out how they are gonna vote, and then vote for the other guy.

Read who supports them or the ballot measure. If it’s the unions or democrat politicians, vote for the other guy or the other part in the ballot measure.

4. upaces88 says:

I realllly like Ben Carson!!!

• vonMesser says:

My only problem with Ben Carson is he has no government/executive experience. The politicians and bureaucrats would eat him alive, and the GOPe would not defend him. Rather see him as Secretary of Health or Surgeon General where his expertise would shine.

Put me down in the voting against column. The R’s haven’t given me anyone to vote for in a long time.

The root problem is that so few people vote in the primaries and the convention is a farce.

6. Crawfish says:

I have the luxury of living in TX. I can make a protest vote and still know the GOP candidate will win my state……at least for another couple of cycles.

I’m struggling to understand why any conservative would voluntarily let it be known that he or she will cave in and vote for a moderate candidate if we lose the battle to get a truly conservative nominee. You may as well wave bye-bye to any incentive the moderates might have to support the conservative. I don’t think it’s wise to close off any of my options and i’m losing patience with the status quo.

8. Garnet92 says:

Frankly I was just curious to identify a ratio of those who would “cave” and vote AGAINST the democrat to those who would refuse to vote FOR a “moderate” candidate for the Republican nomination. This is just between us “friends” and is unlikely to have any impact on any RNC decisions.

Actually I believe that our stance (publically) should be that we WON’T support a moderate – regardless of how we actually vote in the secrecy of the voting booth. I don’t believe that some staffer at the RNC is logging that “Garnet92 (whoever that is) is willing to vote FOR a moderate to keep from electing another liberal.

The only way we’re going to have an impact on the establishment picking a candidate is when we are united under a “leader” – either an individual or a group. When we can convince the establishment that a moderate will no longer get our support, and we can show NUMBERS, we’ll have a chance to get a more conservative candidate. It’s going to take NUMBERS and right now, we’re not in a position to present a united front. 27 or 200 votes on a ‘Nox & Friends poll won’t influence anybody. If the Tea Party entities could unite under a single banner, that would be a factor.

We conservatives need to take notice of how the minorities, the gays, the illegals, and unions have had an impact on society – it took uniting together and speaking with a single voice – that will get attention. Without a unified front, we can’t really have an impact; they can safely ignore us.

• CW says:

We can’t convince the establishment that a moderate will no longer get our support as long as they have good reason to believe it isn’t true. Maybe we should start a campaign right now getting people to pledge to vote for the democrat if a RINO ends up as the nominee. As the leaders in the GOP watch the list grow they might be persuaded that it’s time to try a new strategy and promote a conservative for a change rather than lose the race to Hillary or Elizabeth Warren.

Special interest groups and minorities are able to unite behind one candidate because they are first united in their desire and willingness to take something from other Americans, whether it’s money or special privileges. If republicans want to mimic their success they need to also unite behind a common goal, such as freedom or the restoration of the Constitution. In doing so I believe the appropriate candidate will emerge and will be stronger by that route.