from If You Only News
~~ I posted the father’s side of the story HERE Just a few days ago. Now the mother is speaking out. IMHO…..mom is trying to save face. She says that the father never discussed taking her to New Zealand with him and the son. Perhaps they had had that discussion before baby Leo was on the scene and she had said that she wouldn’t leave her family or Armenia??? Perhaps the father already knew her answer if he had asked again?
She says she had to make the most ruthless decision of her life in just a couple of hours. HUH? Sorry, but that doesn’t fly with me. She could have opted to tell everyone ( Doctors and family) to go take a giant leap off a short mountain. She could have opted to have her baby ( And her husband!) and face whatever challenges they would have raising Leo together. It came down to a matter of priorities basically. What was more important to her in her life.
I know it’s difficult! Though I tend to look at it in this perspective…..nothing worth having comes without some difficulties. Having my son came with some difficult decisions to make….giving him up was never one of those. If it had meant walking across a lake of fire….I willingly would do that for him.
I was willing before to give her some leniency for her decision. Now….I’m thinking that we aren’t being told the whole truth by her……
Whatever the case maybe for her decision…. I feel pity for her. It hasn’t sunk in yet what she gave up…..but it will! Of that I am certain!
Thus, I spent the hours after Leo’s birth trying to collect my will and decide on the best destiny for the kid. Everyone in our family realised that the baby’s interests should be placed first and only his move to another country could remedy the situation, something that Sam himself also accepted.
As a mother who has faced this severe situation, being in the hospital under stress and depression, experiencing enormous pressure from every side, not finding any support from my husband’s part on any possibilities of giving a child decent life in Armenia, I faced two options: to take care of the child on my own in Armenia, or to abandon my maternal instincts and extend the baby an opportunity to enjoy a decent life with his father in New Zealand. I went for the second option.