Quote Of The Day — February 8, 2015

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.’

John Stuart Mill

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~
H/T – BB

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Quote Of The Day — February 8, 2015

1. upaces88 says:

That very quote is why many still have a Confederate Flag in their home…. I do.
    On one side of my fire place is an American Flag.
    On the other side is a Confederate Flag.

I think perhaps more people now understand why we fought so hard in the South.
    NO ONE wants to be MADE to change OUR country into the vision of another country by force!

• Grouchy says:

Upaces, a very good point. And that is very applicable in many areas of today’s conflicts.
      Change by force is never a permanent, psychological change. Change by permission is another story entirely. And this is a lesson this world needs to learn, today.
      Thank you for your comment.

2. captbogus2 says:

Wow! John Stuart Mill sent me to google to see who John Stuart Mill was which sent me back to google to see what utilitarianism was and then learned about egoism at the same time.
    Good Sunday morning lesson, Grouchy.

• Grouchy says:

😀 G’Morning, Capt~! And thank you for your comment. Now you understand why I do these “Quotes” daily. It’s a lot of work, but it’s also very addictive. And I really enjoy reading how these affect others. Have an AWESOME day, My Friend.

3. Jim says:

Funny how “degrade” is now a synonym for “don’t kick their ass”.

• Grouchy says:

Sadly, under this imposter, that is all too true a comment and observation. It has also become synonymous with “Appeasement” and “Cowardice”.
      Makes me wonder, sometimes, if this imposter is the reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain~!
      Thank You for stopping in, Jim. You bring up a very valid point I hadn’t thought of.

4. Pingback: My Article Read (2-8-2015) (2-9-2015) | My Daily Musing