Quote Of The Day — February 7, 2015

There’s no difference between one’s killing and making decisions that will send others to kill. It’s exactly the same thing, or even worse.”

Golda Meir,  May 03, 1898 — Died: December 08, 1978

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Quote Of The Day — February 7, 2015

Don’t quite know if I agree with Mrs. Meir here.

2. Grouchy says:

Mohammad dressed in two layers of armor, and stood at the back of the army, according to some reports I have read. He ordered his troops from the rear.
    Truth? Fiction? I don’t know. But I think the example illustrates Ms. Meir’s comment.

• upaces88 says:

“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”

― Golda Meir

• Grouchy says:

I had that as a Quote Of The Day for December 26, 2014. I have a bunch of quotes from her.
        She spent a portion of her youth in my home town, and is still remembered there.

3. captbogus2 says:

Right after the Israelis kicked the arab ass I remember a political cartoon showing Mrs Meir on the phone, “Yes, Mr. President, Israel will take your war for cost plus 10%.”

• Grouchy says:

Thank You, Capt, and that brings up a good point. The Israeli people, while living a serious existence, have the most wonderful sense of humor.

4. vonMesser says:

Remember the 6-Day War? It was only 6 days long because the Izzies rented the tankls by the week.

I think Mrs. Meir makes a true and important point.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, CW,,,
      I think so too.
      And isn’t it written that those who lead others into error, will suffer the greater condemnation?
      O U C H ~!~!