Quote Of The Day — February 4, 2015

I do not know anyone who has gotten to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it will get you pretty near.”

Margaret Thatcher, Born October 13, 1925 – Died April 08, 2013

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Quote Of The Day — February 4, 2015

1. captbogus2 says:

Maggie is spot on. There is NO “Right” to wealth and riches but this country offers you the Right to go for the brass ring. What you do and how far you go depends upon you, your work ethic and your brain power.
    Every one of us can ‘go for it’.
    I know a lot of very well off folks who, through hard work and smart business, have been very successful.
    I went for it. I didn’t get the brass ring but I had my shot at it.
    That’s what counts. I had a shot at it.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Capt.I admire your attitude and your sense of personal responsibility.
      That, along with your own integrity speaks volumes
      You’re a success in LIFE, and that is what counts in the long run.

Mrs. Thatcher’s words ALWAYS worked for me. If HARD WORK could kill, a LOT of us wouldn’t be here having this discussion. Good find, GF.

And if it doesn’t get you at or near the top you’ll have the best consolation prize: well-deserved pride.

Good quote, Grouchy!

• Grouchy says:

It will, at some level, give you a sense of accomplishment, and a knowing that you did your level best,,, and the next time, you’ll have better tools and knowledge to reach even higher.
      Then, too, there’s the slothful couch potatoes, too lazy to even think of things to do or accomplish. But while they breathe air, there is no substance to their life.
      How sad can that be ~! ~! ~?~?~?

It’s not fair… everyone should get the same… just because. Bwahahahahahaha! 🙂

Seriously, Maggie Thatcher was first rate and spot on. I miss her.

• Grouchy says:

The only thing fair about life is that everyone has the capability of achieving to the max of their potential.
      And NOT everyone has the same potential, nor the same area of expertise. This is another thing not generally recognized.
      Not everyone is a Janitor,,, But neither is everyone a CEO or COO of a multinational corporation.
      But EVERYONE has the opportunity and responsibility to do the best in the place they’re in.