Benghazi Select Committee – The Slow Roll Continues

The Obama administration is playing games with the Benghazi investigation and Rep. Trey Gowdy is not amused.  Key witnesses from the State Department were supposed to testify in front of Congressman Gowdy’s special committee, but they are now refusing to comply in the name of “personal safety.”

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Joel Rubin: “We understand the committee’s interest in interviewing these agents, and I’m sure the committee does not want to take any action that would create risks to their personal safety or their ability to do their jobs.”

Administration officials are suddenly so concerned about the “risks” to Benghazi witnesses that they won’t even let them report what they saw.

Incredibly, Rubin also made the strange claim that State Department witnesses could not appear before the committee, because the Justice Department had its own investigation.  Who knew that?

Gowdy: “We’re going to pick up the pace,” Gowdy told Joel Rubin, State’s top liaison to Congress, at a Tuesday hearing. “I have no interest in prolonging this, none. So you’re going to have to pick up the pace with us, OK?”

It is obvious to anyone paying attention that the administration does not want the facts of what happened in Benghazi known and they will continue to stall indefinitely.  In the meantime, the Democrats on the Select Committee will continue to cry foul and the media will stay quiet so as not to upset the peasants.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Benghazi Select Committee – The Slow Roll Continues

1. Crawfish says:

The only risk to personal safety is that Obama’s “people” will kill anyone who testifies. They are almost as bad as the Clinton mafia. What happened to Jim McDougall when he finally said he would testify against the Clintons? He mysteriously didn’t get all of his heart meds while in custody at Federal Medical Center Carswell.

• Hardnox says:

There’s a lot of truth in that Crawfish. BHO’s Chicago butt-buddies ended up dead as did the gal that covered up his birth certificate.

This is what happens when you have to deal with liars. It’s time to start holding these liars in contempt of congress and throw their butts in jail.

• Hardnox says:

I agree but I don’t think Congress can lock up anyone.

Anyone know for sure?

• Liz entrekin says:

From what I read. Not directly. Its a long process involving sending contempt charge to Senate floor then to federal court judge who then issues bench warrant and contempt charge but they basically cringe at citing the executuve branch umbrella. It could go to AG but then thats considered conflict. So from what I gather the charge is basically so much hot air No teeth to enforce. Rather like a lot of our laws these days.

• Hardnox says:

Thanks Liz. In other words NOTHING will happen, plus a “Contempt of Congress” charge is a badge of honor for anyone on the left.

So let me see if I get this. The Regime, with Hitlary in charge of State at the time, lets 4 AMERICANS die, ordering the HELP the so desperately needed, AFTER this Regime CUT the security detail in Benghazi, and NOW the Regime is worried about their safety ? GODDAMN the fools who voted TWICE for these murdering, lying scum sacks. Hope y’all are proud.

• Clyde says:

Shit. Meant to put “ordering the help they needed to STAND DOWN”. The commenter apologizes for the blatant eff-up.

• Hardnox says:

Exactly. Let’s not forget the 30+ survivors which the State department refused to release their names. Also, what about the flag officers that got canned?

4. Liz entrekin says:

Clyde I agree but would add to this and say all who chant the slogan “Just wait till 2016”. They are also living in a world of denial. Waiting gets those fools more time to defraud and subvert as has been proven time after time. Immediate removal is really the only way to slow and stop these asshits. But that would also have to involve impeaching President and Vice President And removal of several others. I seriously doubt even the strongest of champions could achieve this.

• Hardnox says:

Liz, you are right. The R’s have been more than squishy about this whole thing and have pretty much enabled the cover-up.

We all know this stinks to high heaven.

Gowdy may pick up the pace, but the stall tactics are working, at least up until now, as they wasted an entire morning trying to determine if they even have all the documents. Cummings did his part to help stall by repeating so much of what the others said ‘just to make sure we’re clear’.

If I understood correctly, Gowdy wants all the documents before he starts to interview witnesses, and I’m afraid if he waits on that, this will go nowhere. He’d better get started before these people die of old age. The ones that don’t ‘get disappeared’, that is.

They also talked about how heavily redacted the documents are and which department is responsible for it, since they’ve passed through so many people. More secrecy and stalling.

• Hardnox says:

Good points Kathy. Like all prosecutors Gowdy will fire that shot when he has all the ammo. Unfortunately he won’t get it all. He’ll need to muster all he can. Like all of us paying attention, we know the story, we know their narrative, we know the reason, we know the culprits… but proving it is another story.

6. tannngl says:

I’m kinda beginning to see Gowdy differently. Used to think he was our champion. Beginning to wonder.

• Hardnox says:

I wouldn’t give up on him just yet. 40,000 pages of documents is quite a task. See my comment to Kathy above.

• Liz entrekin says:

And don’t forget that this group has not and will not tell just how many are out there. Plus. Marking out all of the passages takes time. Given climate and track record, I would even be suspcious of authenticity.

• tannngl says:

I haven’t given up, totally. I’m just beginning to wonder about him.
        Read your comments to Kathy.
        Agreed, loads of paper to get through. They have worker bees for that…

Here are my reasons for ‘wondering’ about Goudy.
        He was appointed by Boehner to head this investigation. (Boehner, like Obama doesn’t do anything unless it’s politically motivated and I don’t trust him nor anyone he favors.)
        The investigation by Goudy began in September, 2014? Do we have anything from them? He had promised to talk with the witnesses. Where are they? He talks a good game.
        He couldn’t make it back for the vote on the Speaker’s job due to flight cancellation? Ok. I think he was going to be a not voting vote. But then he decided to speak out and say he would have cast his vote for Boehner…
        Is he turning? My senator did. Thought I knew him too.

7. Garnet92 says:

Ok, it’s on. Gowdy is now butting heads with presidential orders to “stifle” him. We’re about to see if Gowdy is the man that we think he is. His investigation will go nowhere if he accepts the no show of witnesses and the absence of and/or redacting of documents. This same kind of activity by “the most transparent administration evah” has managed to keep Obutthead “lily white” while breaking laws and subverting the Constitution.

• Hardnox says:

Exactly right. Now is the time that we will see what Gowdy and the R’s are made of. I imagine Gowdy’s frustration level is beyond measure.