Quote Of The Day — January 28, 2015

We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them — this morning, as they prepared for their journey, and waved good-bye, and ‘slipped the surly bonds of earth’ to ‘touch the face of God.'”
(Speech about the Challenger disaster, which replaced the State Of The Union address scheduled for that night).

President Ronald W. Reagan, (February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004)

NOTE: The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster occurred on January 28, 1986, when Space Shuttle Challenger (mission STS-51-L) broke apart 73 seconds into its flight, leading to the deaths of its seven crew members.)

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Quote Of The Day — January 28, 2015

1. captbogus2 says:

Once again, an investigation was held but no one was held responsible.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Capt. As I remember, the system itself was faulted, though no individuals were particularly held responsible. There were a lot of “nay-sayers” on that launch, though, because of the temperature at launch.
      The same scenario, in a way, with Apollo 1, that killed Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee.on January 27, 1967

I know I will never forget that day.
    God Bless those Brave Souls.

3. Grouchy says:

I never will either, Terry. The whole world was stunned. And for America to have broadcast that launch live to the world was astounding, to many countries without the Freedom of the Press that America enjoyed at that time.

A very appropriate Quote of the Day. Thanks Grouchy!

• Grouchy says:

You are most welcome,CW. I’ve always admired President Reagan, for his compassion and honoring of American heroes. This was but one example~!

5. Pingback: My Article Read (1-28-2015) | My Daily Musing