Quote Of The Day — January 25, 2015

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.”

Isaac Asimov, (January 2, 1920 – April 6, 1992)

~ ~  Grouchy  ~ ~

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Quote Of The Day — January 25, 2015

1. captbogus2 says:

I doubt very many problems were created through knowledge. Problems are created through ignorance thought to be knowledge.

2. Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Capt. The word, “IF” is a tiny word, but has a long meaning. But to address the substance of your comment, two areas come to mind. Nuclear energy, and so-called “climate change” or “Global warming”.
    Climate change is inevitable, and has been cyclical for millions of years. However the knowledge of climate is NOT taking into account all the relevant factors that are applicable. And the same goes for nuclear energy. Fukushima, Japan, and Three Mile Island, as well as Chernobyl are just three examples off the top my head.

Einstein said, “No problem can be solved at the level at which it was created”. But he has been “ignored” for many years, as far as that comment goes.

• CW says:

Those are very good examples, Grouchy. I think you made Asimov’s case for him.

• Grouchy says:

Thank You, CW. What concerns me as a species is that our technological know-how has far outstripped our ability to understand the consequences of its immature use. And we are not, as a rule, wise enough to understand that we don’t know “The unintended consequences.”

Good find, GF. Ignorance seems to be our most abundant commodity these days, thanks to the leftist indoctrination centers K through PhD.

• Grouchy says:

I may, repeat MAY~!, be exaggerating, Clyde, but I don’t believe that most PhD’s could pass the Normal exams for graduation at the end of the 19th Century. I know damn well I couldn’t, and I’m no PhD. But you get my drift, m’thinks.
      Our forefathers would laugh at the ignorance of today’s “Intelligentsia”,,, They not only wrote the Constitution, but they could repair the wheels on their wagons, as well~!

4. Pingback: My Article Read (1-25-2015) | My Daily Musing