Wouldn’t Be Surprised If….

Revised flag design to include a big star for Washington, DC

The Committee for Symbol Security has released its tentative redesign of the American flag to include the previously unrepresented District of Columbia, which is not part of any of the 50 states. This omission is now rectified by giving Washington, DC, it’s rightful place – a super star with the 50 states nestled safely between its legs.

cube flag

The committee initially proposed the D.C. star be on the far left, before realizing when seen from the reverse side it would be on the far right. To solve that problem the idea of a one-sided flag was entertained until it was pointed out, while a one-sided media is possible, a one-sided flag was a physical impossibility. While the D.C. star placement issue seems settled, some committee members have not given up and have appealed to President Obama to issue an executive order that the wind must always blow from the left.

The White House responded that the red and white stripes should be dropped because, “It’s the twenty-first century, nobody cares what the original intent of the flag’s designers was.”

The committee announced it will form a special task force to study the suggestion.

**************************************

Did ya have to look to make sure this was tagged “Satire” ? Well, it is. FOR NOW.

H/T The People’s Cube

~Terry

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Wouldn’t Be Surprised If….

Satire, yes, but out of the realm of possibility, no. Never put anything past this bunch. Few people probably even know the meaning of the flag’s design, but those of us who do, would like to hang onto it just the way it is.

• Terry says:

I have to double check the source of MOST things these days, Kathy.
      Just can’t tell when someone is pullin’ your leg anymore.

2. Rich B says:

Here’s their other idea for a new flag while we’re on the subject.

• Terry says:

Uuuhhh…what am I missing, Rich.
      I didn’t count 57 stars…..

• Kathy says:

That’s creepy, Rich because it’s too close to being the truth. It could end up being that one or the black islamic flag.

• Rich B says:

Well Kathy, I’ve already made one of those ani-gifs that morphs from an American flag to the Hammer and Sickle to represent the dems and their socialist/communist leanings so it’s just a logical progression to have Omama’s flag morph into a muslim rag. And I DO believe he really is a muslim. Someday it will all come out thanks to conservative sites and bloggers. Heaven knows it won’t happen because Pravda is on the ball investigating it. We all know it here anyway just by his kowtowing it islam and his other actions.

You ought to see the ani-gifs I’ve made for my blog representing the democrats. They’re pretty funny and spot on accurate when you really think about it. Click on my username sometime and you’ll see what I mean. It links back to my blog and my other website.

Just to make the flag took me about two hours. They are labor intensive but worth the time. They’re just another way to express myself. Steal any of the ones on my sites if you like. I can also make custom ones for anyone who wants to rag the progressives.

3. Just Gene says:

Will this be the new national anthem And where are the clowns? Quick send in the clowns
    Don’t bother they’re here
    luvya

Satire? Not hardly. I hear them squawking about statehood all the time. It’s non-stop.

Statehood would be a disaster. The crowd that runs the city can’t find their ass using a map. Imagine two Senators and a Congresscritter…. shudder….

5. captbogus2 says:

Satire, maybe, but that large star looks suspiciously like the one on Soviet aircraft.