Gowdy’s Latest Statement on Benghazi Hearings

From House.gov:

Trey Gowdy 2

Select Committee on Benghazi Holds Closed Meetings

January 14, 2015
Press Release

Washington, DC – The Select Committee on Benghazi held a closed-door, classified briefing this week with the Department of State about the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attacks that left the U.S. ambassador to Libya, a State Department communications officer and two U.S. security agents dead.

“The Select Committee met in closed session to discuss the facts surrounding the attacks on our Mission Facility and Annex in Benghazi,” said Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. “The Department of State provided new information to the committee and answered questions raised by committee members.”

Gowdy added, “The committee is continuing its probe into all aspects of Benghazi and is currently focused on ensuring access to all first-hand accounts from those on the ground that night. This process will be ongoing and in some respects must remain classified.”

Gowdy also said the committee held a closed-door meeting with the Department of Justice regarding document production and potential witnesses related to the committee’s ongoing probe. He went on to say while the bulk of the committee’s work will have to be done in classified settings or through investigative techniques that do not lend themselves to public hearings, he still plans to hold more public hearings.

~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate that Gowdy keeps the people updated, and although I understand the reasoning, I wish he could give us more detail. In reading between the lines I take it the DOJ is not producing, or at the very least stalling documents required to pursue the investigation. That’s to be expected, considering who’s in charge. The lying weasel doesn’t want to rat out the other lying weasels.

~Kathy

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Gowdy’s Latest Statement on Benghazi Hearings

1. Grouchy says:

The Honorable Trey Gowdy is reminiscent of a pit bull with a meat laden bone between his jaws. And he’s NOT letting go, until he has all the meat off it.
    IF it were possible, I’d have a bit of sympathy for The Hildabeast~!

2. All4Nature says:

I really have appreciated Gowdy’s addresses to Congress as well as media. Yes while I would like to see all information be made public, I can respect that some is classified. However, I find it ludicrous that Clinton even be considered as a presidential candidate for several reasons. Chief among them is this Bengazi probe. I would hope that our justice system stay blind to status and go forward to prosecute all including Clinton. Oh oops how naive that sounds in light of all the illegal things that are perpetrated daily at our (cough) president’s command. Including eliminating many of our military commanders and equally as suspicious, congressional and citizens who actually speak out against him and for the constitution. And, FEMA signing Russian boots-on-the-ground agreement in case of civil unrest for Obama last year. But hey what do I know–I am only a lowly, disabled citizen with less rights apparently than illegal aliens and Muslims.

3. Garnet92 says:

I am impatient. I want to know more. I want to know how accurate our (the engaged, but unwashed masses) conclusions are – are we wrong? Were Ofeeble and Hillary completely innocent? I want to know these things and I wish that Gowdy would at least throw us a bone.

Yes, I understand that SOME things must remain classified, but there has been NO feedback regarding the investigation, except that it is “progressing.”

I also recognize that Gowdy is smart enough to know that waiting until Hillary is up to her wrinkled blubber in her 2016 campaign might be the best “October surprise” we could hope for – that is, if she runs.

Damn, I guess we’ll just have to “stay tuned” for the next exciting chapter.

• Grouchy says:

😀 Garnet, your comment reminds me of the Harry Potter saga~!,,, first waiting for the next book, then the next movie~! L O L ~! 😀

• Kathy says:

I want to know more too, Garnet, and I worry that by the time he gets around to Hitlery, more documents and evidence of her involvement will be destroyed.

This process is already slow and with the DOJ holding things up, it will take just that much longer. We’re still no closer to answers on the F&F thing or the IRS deal, so we could still be months or even years away from answers.

They better hurry and get “….all first-hand accounts from those on the ground that night….”, before they are 6ft. UNDER the ground.

Thanks for the update Kathy. I’ve been wonderin’…

Thank GOD Gowdy voted for Boehner to remain as Speaker. I’d HATE to see who that spineless bastard would have put in the spot. NOW it makes sense why Trey voted for the sot.

• Terry says:

I believe I read a statement from Gowdy that confirms that he wanted to be sure to stay on the committee as his reason for voting for Boner.

It’s a disgrace that a decent politician can be blackmailed into voting for an incompetent one in order to do his job.

• upaces88 says:

Terry, I wondered why he id that. Thank you for giving me a possible reason. I had felt that he had betrayed us.

6. RSBaily says:

As have I!! Really sad that it’s taken this long to even have an “update”1 Keep at ’em Bulldog! Where do I donate for his campaign for the next ‘potus”…..or does he just make too much sense for the job??…..OR…we can have another Bush….or a Bud…or a Miller…or a Coors!!….Let’s go Hispanic….(not Rubio..)…Corona!!

Thanks for the update Kathy. I hope that “classified” doesn’t trump “truth”.