Quote Of The Day — January 12, 2015

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.”

Isaac Asimov,  (January 2, 1920 – April 6, 1992) Foundation

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Quote Of The Day — January 12, 2015

….and the extremely fed up.
    There are millions of dead soldiers who might disagree with that quote.

• Grouchy says:

Terry,
      SOMEWHERE in the mix is gross incompetence. Else, why would we have been in Viet Nam so long, and so fruitlessly, only to lose even our dignity as a Nation?
      WHO sent those soldiers into battle, and for what purpose?
      Look at Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Chavez, who ruled by force, and not by competence.
      And look at the millions who died, because of it.

Yes, the extremely fed up, as well. As Jefferson said so eloquently, “The Tree of Liberty needs be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants”. How so right he was, then and now.

• upaces88 says:

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
      Mahatma Gandhi

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/violence.html#bXTy9bOHvr6RYccx.99

• Grouchy says:

😀 L O L~! Now I have to change my Thursday Quote of The Day~! 😀
        But yes, Upaces, he was very right. And here’s something else to think about:
        Violence and Evil are born of the same parent: Fear.

• Grouchy says:

Terry,
          NO ONE is talking appeasement nor self-destruction in the face of aggression.
          A person carrying a concealed gun is NOT looking to use it. BUT, that same person also recognizes that the need all too often arises. And when it does, s/he is prepared to meet it.
          Ghandi in the quote above was speaking in terms of malicious, malevolent violence, or unsought violence. He was not talking in terms of preparedness.

There is a massive distinction in intent. And INTENT is 99.99% of the game.

• Terry says:

I guess that’s true. The “goodness” of America HAS been short-lived.
        Disband the military and let’s play nice.
        All in favor say “Heil Hitler !”

Well, that explains militant Islam, but I do agree with Terry.

• Grouchy says:

True, it does, Clyde. And I would answer you the same way I did Terry.
      IF LBJ and Nixon had been listening to their military advisors, there would have been a LOT of lives saved, that were lost.
      And we have one in the White House now, who has purged competence from the military. And we’ll pay dearly for it.

3. Just Gene says:

As an 80 year old fart, there is another fact I discovered about incompetence. Those who are incompetence always try to cover it up with arrogance.
    luvya

4. Pingback: My Article Read (1-12-2015) | My Daily Musing

Does that mean we should expect the Obama Administration to get violent?

Just askin’!

• Grouchy says:

No other president in the history of this nation wanted a civilian army in addition to the militia, military and police agencies we already have.
      I think the administration is already insidiously violent. Look what he’s already “accomplished”