Quote Of The Day — December 23, 2014

Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke . . . She will need her sisterhood.”

Gloria Steinem

~ ~ Grouchy ~ ~

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Quote Of The Day — December 23, 2014

Gotta love those feminazis !

The woman is a hateful idiot. With advice like that is it any wonder why the feminazis are lonely old spinsters? Most couldn’t get a date with a dog if they had a steak tied around their necks.

• Grouchy says:

Many are, Hardnox. And yet, there are many professional women, as well, who desire to fulfill their abilities in the different professions.
      And then, there are the losers, as is found in every segment of society.
      I think what we’re seeing, and have for a good many years, is the rebellion against the patriarchal society that has existed since before the days of Abraham. AND still exists in the Islamic world, with a vengeance.

Well let’s see. Sarah Palin became a wife, a mother, a mayor, a governor, a candidate for VPOTUS and an author. I’d say that qualifies as “acting like a full human being.” How did the “sisterhood” treat her? Phyllis Schlafly and Margaret Thatcher were impressive “full human beings” as well. How did the “sisterhood” treat them? Enough said.

The sisterhood isn’t interested in “full human beings.” It like whiners.

• Grouchy says:

Excellent perspective, CW. And what about Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel of Germany, and our own Representative from Minnesota, Michelle Bachmann?
      Women who took their power, and ran with it. And Damn the Torpedoes~!

4. captbogus2 says:

Gloria Steinem???
    C’mon, Grouch.
    You’re backsliding.

• Grouchy says:

G’Morning, Capt.
      I recognize she is not a Dagny Taggart or a Dominique Franken, but I thought she had a few valid points to make.
      She,along with a few others, did a lot for women’s empowerment, as I noted to Hardnox in my reply above.
      I DO believe that women CEO’s were to one extent or another influenced by the efforts of Steinem and others who pursued the same cause.
      AND
      I ask this, of you and anyone else. IF you have a better choice as an example of women’s rights activists, let me know. And that question does bring to mind Susan B. Anthony,,,

• captbogus2 says:

Still ain’t buyin’ it.
        “Women’s rights?”
        Do women have more rights than men?
        Or maybe flip it over.. Do men have fewer rights than women?
        And as far as women CEO’s go.
        Any company that selects a woman for CEO because of her sex is doing a strong disservice to its shareholders.
        Any company that selects a man over a more qualified woman would be doing the same disservice.
        That goes for race as well as gender but I’m sick of hearing about the rights of this group or that group like each group has special rights.
        That earns a big fat bullschidt in my book.

• Grouchy says:

Capt., I cannot, nor would I try, to argue against any of your points as you’ve noted them.
          But for all too many centuries, we have lived in a paradigm that can best be called, “Patriarchal.”,,, This applies in all segments of society, culture and theology.
          When the ability of any human is discounted by reason of race, creed, gender, or even theological belief, society and culture as a whole have lost that potential and that nascent contribution to the advancement of human progress.
          I DO agree with you. But I am NOT trying to elevate the feminine gender to a point of superiority, but I DO wish that more were recognized for their competence and ability, which in many cases outstrips that of the men for whom they work.
          I have seen it in many cases in my professional and even military life. AND been a victim of gender bias in both civilian and military arenas.
          Humans is Humans, and each Human has their own special niche. And once that fact is recognized, the natural course of events will also prove that niche, that ability, to be complementary to all others, without trampling on any one.
          But first, we have to get the egocentricity of the male (AND in some cases the female~!) out of the way, and let ability and competence of performance have their due.

The whole point of this quote, and even the term “Women’s Rights”, is to recognize and permit the innate ability of women to be proven and performed. To me, that is the point of Gloria Steinem’s quote.

I love women who are strong minded, capable, and not dependent on any man. but can still be feminine and gracious, and still let the man be a man for them at times.

When they look at you like they want to stab you for opening the door for them, to me, THAT is a feminazi.

• Grouchy says:

Well said, Terry. Some men are afraid of that kind of woman, but those kinds of men terrify me, as well, as they are the domineering, abusive kind of man. NOT a needed trait, at all.
      Recognize ability where it’s found, regardless of its form or the container it comes in.

6. vonMesser says:

Hey, Grouch – how about some stuff from Susan B Anthony and the early feminist suffragettes? I think Susan B said something about no intelligent woman ever voting for a democrat…..

• Grouchy says:

Let me see what I can find, VM,,, What I have found is not nearly as “strong” as what you suggest. Let me make like a mole and do some digging,,, ,,, ,,,
      And thanks for stopping in~! I appreciate it.

7. captbogus2 says:

History is rife with women who performed extraordinary achievements..
    Joan of Arc
    Madame Curie
    Clara Barton
    Florence Chadwick
    All of the WASPs of WWII
    And none of them complained about their “Rights”.

8. Pingback: My Article Read (12-23-2014) (12-24-2014) | My Daily Musing