Christmas Feel Good Story

On Saturday, the children at the Dallas Children’s Medical Center got a surprise visitor.  George W. Bush dressed as Santa Claus complete with Secret Service agents dressed as elves without any media.

This photo is being widely circulated on Twitchy.

Embedded image permalink

Check out the Secret Service elf:

Embedded image permalink

Say what you want about GWB but he is a good man.  I never doubted that he loved our country and our citizens.  Further, he’s made a habit of visiting our wounded warriors.  All without the media fanfare.  Even while in office he would sneak out and visit the wounded at Walter Reed hospital away from the prying eyes of the media.  To this day, he and wife Laura routinely attend airport receptions for returning combat troops and they take every opportunity to honor those troops and wounded warriors.  All these events are unannounced.

George W. Bush remains a class act as does his wife Laura.

Lastly, in my book, he gets extra points for making the S.S. dress as elves.

Merry Christmas.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Christmas Feel Good Story

This is also making the rounds on Facebook and people love it. The man truly has a good heart and I miss him.

I wonder where Secret Service elves keep their weapon.

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”

― John Wooden

GW is a man of good character and he sincerely cares about this nation. That alone places him light years ahead of the garbage we have in the White House now.

I have had my issues with GW to be sure, BUT at LEAST he personifies what CARING is all about. The quote CW put up is spot-on.

4. vonmesser says:

I wonder if he made them dress as elves, of if they just did so because they like and respect him?

• Hardnox says:

Good question. I’ll ask my high school buddy who was on his detail (now retired). I’m sure he can find out. My buddy couldn’t speak highly enough about both Bush’s. He started the WH detail with 41, then Clinton who he like but hated Hildabeast, 43, then took retirement as soon as he could because he detested Putt & Wookie. That man could tell some stories over a few beers that would cause a constant stream of “you’re shitting me”..

5. upaces88 says:

I have always thought Daddy Bush pushed his son into politics. Here in Texas, he replaced Ann Richards as Governor. Ann Richards was a righteous tough ol’ Texas Gal. Here in Texas, many people never dreamed he would be Governor. He had a terrible reputation with booze and women….being a playboy.

Check out this ol’ Gal:

• Hardnox says:

Maybe so but Richards wasn’t reelected by Texans. Besides, “He had a terrible reputation with booze and women….being a playboy.”… look how I turned out! Bwhahahaha

I STILL like W.
    He’s a good man !

• Hardnox says:

Me too. I respect the fact that he has not trashed Clinton or BHO and the office of the president. Of course Dims have so such constraint or value system. Carter has been whining for years as has Clinton. BHO has been whining for the last 6 years, We’ve never heard a peep out of GWB about any of his predecessors or successors. A class act in my opinion.