Sunday Feel Shitty Story: Woman’s Dying Wish – Dog’s Death Sentence

I’m scratching my head over this one.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Sunday Feel Shitty Story: Woman’s Dying Wish – Dog’s Death Sentence

Sounds as if this dog had been this old woman’s ONLY friend. My guess is the dog will get a reprieve, unless the woman’s family HATES the dog because it got EVERYTHING in the estate.

• Hardnox says:

Could be. My guess to.

• upaces88 says:

There is another possibility of why she wanted this. “IF” she was suffering with mental illness of any kind….she wants the dog to be with her.
        It is a VERY selfish thing on her part IF this is what she was thinking.

I have to wonder about the lawyer who drew up the will in this manner for this lady. That’s just weird and sounds like they didn’t think it through. I hope he gets to live.

3. captbogus2 says:

Man’s best friend is dog.
    Who is Dog’s best friend?

Maybe she was worried about what would become of the dog after she was gone.

I hope it works out that it can be arranged for someone to adopt the dog if someone steps up to make that offer but at the risk of sounding cold this is dangerous territory. The media spotlight on this case may bring in offers to adopt this particular dog but I have been a shelter volunteer for years and I have seen how difficult it can be to find homes for animals, especially if they are older and have any health or behavioral issues. The bottom line is that there just aren’t enough willing adopters for the supply of homeless animals, and changing the laws to expand animal rights with respect to euthanasia won’t change that equation. It will only create an obligation for communities to warehouse and care for animals for the remainder of their natural lives, which is a cruel situation for the animal.

Sad as this situation is, dogs only understand the here and now. They have no sense of euthanasia like we do. Hopefully he had a happy and comfortable 9 years.

5. vonmesser says:

If in good health, dog has another 6-8 years of life. This woman is short-sighted, selfish, and “evil” in my opinion. If my dog outlives me (doubtful, but anything is possible) he gets cared for until the end of his natural life. Then into the ground under the rhododendrons alongside my other dog (who still sleeps in my heart)

• Hardnox says:

14 is the max for Shepards. I’ve had them all my life with the exception of my current dog who is a blue heeler.

My gut is leaning towards selfish but we don’t know the other side of the story. It’s my hope she did it for the dog and not herself.

Of course dogs have rights !
    Many of them have voted democrat in the last elections. Even the dead ones.